Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I think that DL's size would be enough. No need to make E-420 from Pentax.
I disagree. I'd love to have a Pentax E-420 type of camera. I've yet to figure out the point of all of Pentax's "pancake" lenses since they don't make a small camera to go with them. If you have large pockets it's not a stretch to imagine carrying a E-420 with a DA40 f/2.8 attached around a perfect walk around/street camera.

Neither the K200 or K20 are anywhere near being "pockatble"; which means the bag has to come along. And as long as I have a backpack on I might as well just put something like the new 17-70 f/4 in there instead of buying $1200 worth of small primes.

05-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #32

If Pentax announces something like the E420 (to go with my DA Limiteds), I will pre-order it as soon as possible. I just wanted to get my vote in here. Also, I hope it is stripped down to PASM modes, no live-view, no shake reduction... but I'd like the 100% prism viewfinder. .. please. ;-)
05-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildboar Quote
If Pentax announces something like the E420 (to go with my DA Limiteds), I will pre-order it as soon as possible. I just wanted to get my vote in here. Also, I hope it is stripped down to PASM modes, no live-view, no shake reduction... but I'd like the 100% prism viewfinder. .. please. ;-)
I agree, something the size of the MZ(ZX) film camera, with pentaprism, and ability to have SDM cannot be beat. I don't care if it was "only" 10MP, as my K10D has that.

Now for Pentax to bring out the FF high speed 6+fps with fast AF K2D as well. Then I would be in heaven. :-)

So for me would be:-

K2000D for going abroad and other times where discreet is preferable
K20D to replace my K10D and for great still lifes landscapes and portraits
K2D for speed and the best IQ you can get

I dismiss the K200D as it only has a pentamirror, whereas my humble DS has the prism........
05-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by offertonhatter Quote
I dismiss the K200D as it only has a pentamirror, whereas my humble DS has the prism........
I worried about the Pentamirror before buying the K100D. It seemed so dim and small compared to the K10D/D80/40D etc..but honestly, once I got it home and away from direct side-by-side comparison it hasn't been an issue at all. If it will knock $100-200 off the price of an ultra compact SLR by using mirrors then I'm fine with that. Well, as long as they don't use a horrid setup like Canon uses with the Rebel and Olympus use with most all of their cameras.