Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
I don't really see why the ownership is relevant, I see the PPG as a global Pentax gallery. I see no particular reason to prefer one just because it is hosted in Europe. Why would anyone?
Again, it's all about why there are two separate galleries; this was your question, why do we have both of them. Not about the people uploading images.
I pointed out to the different ownership, monochrome added possible legal implications, could also be something simple like RIAC and RIE not synchronizing their efforts.

07-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Again, it's all about why there are two separate galleries; this was your question, why do we have both of them. Not about the people uploading images.
I pointed out to the different ownership, monochrome added possible legal implications, could also be something simple like RIAC and RIE not synchronizing their efforts.
This should be addressed by Ricoh Imaging if this is the issue.
07-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This should be addressed by Ricoh Imaging if this is the issue.
Agreed.
07-18-2014, 01:26 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suspect it is more to do with the lack of a co-ordinated marketing strategy. There is no good reason either legal or commercial why a brand gallery needs to be linked to a legal entity. There were separate legal entitities under previous ownership but no need for separate galleries so why now? Doesn't make sense.

07-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
I suspect it is more to do with the lack of a co-ordinated marketing strategy. There is no good reason either legal or commercial why a brand gallery needs to be linked to a legal entity. There were separate legal entitities under previous ownership but no need for separate galleries so why now? Doesn't make sense.
I'll agree completely on this one. One gallery for Pentax users is enough, unless the plan is to ditch PPG altogether...
07-18-2014, 06:01 AM   #21
Site Supporter

...which could well be a future step in the "Ricohisation process" that takes place since Pentax acquisition.
07-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Other obvious steps being:
- promising to continue with the Pentax brand
- all DSLRs are branded Pentax (even if one of them has the manufacturer's name under the back LCD)
- last camera is branded Pentax just because it looks like one...
07-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
(...)
- last camera is branded Pentax (...)
Horresco referens!

07-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #24
Pentaxian

"most recently launched camera", then. The sky is not falling!
07-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #25
Site Supporter

Yes, but these are past steps

Seriously, the BIG advantage of this RI photo gallery is to be attached to the commercial website : this for sure will make Ricoh's business better at least with members/customers, and is a shrewd decision.