Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #31
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 778
Well, in case anyone else cares, Debug is still accessible but its usefulness wasn't that great to begin with anyway.

07-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #32
Pentaxian
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,931
I have not done the update yet....anyone can tell if this improve the AF in any way and improve the mirror flipping issue somewhat?
07-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #33
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,550
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
I have not done the update yet....anyone can tell if this improve the AF in any way and improve the mirror flipping issue somewhat?
No obvious improvement in AF, but without detailed testing no sure I would detect anything subtle. Since the mirror flipping thing only affects me about once a month, I'll let you know................
07-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #34
Veteran Member
devorama's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 638
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
Well, in case anyone else cares, Debug is still accessible but its usefulness wasn't that great to begin with anyway.
Wait, there's a debug mode for the K-3? I thought it wasn't enabled. I tried searching for info on this, but came up empty. Does it allow for focus adjust?

07-11-2014, 05:18 AM   #35
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 778
QuoteOriginally posted by devorama Quote
Wait, there's a debug mode for the K-3? I thought it wasn't enabled. I tried searching for info on this, but came up empty. Does it allow for focus adjust?
Yea it exists and does have focus adjustment.

Create these two files at root of SD card
00077760.502
DEVELOP.MOD

Open and add [OPEN_DEBUG_MENU] to the first file.

Insert the SD card, leave the SD card door open and turn on the camera should give you debug mode to enable the debug menu.
07-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #36
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: China
Posts: 69
QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
Yea it exists and does have focus adjustment.

Create these two files at root of SD card
00077760.502
DEVELOP.MOD

Open and add [OPEN_DEBUG_MENU] to the first file.

Insert the SD card, leave the SD card door open and turn on the camera should give you debug mode to enable the debug menu.
Yo

The debug mode now can turn on forever?
07-11-2014, 08:12 AM   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 778
QuoteOriginally posted by mactrash Quote
Yo

The debug mode now can turn on forever?
Yea and the credit really goes to this thread - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/250555-resurrect...e-hacking.html
07-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #38
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Photos: Albums
Posts: 87
Sure would be nice if the update blinked COMPLETED instead of showing it once and then blanking the screen. Successful upgrade from 1.02.

07-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #39
Forum Member
markf's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 55
Went from 1.03 to 1.10 successfully. Stepped away from the camera for a moment, when I came back the screen was blank, no "Complete". I wasn't sure what to do, but after a minute or two, I pressed the shutter slightly and the screen showed the normal information, so I assumed everything was good. Checked the firmware and it showed 1.10. i wish the word "Complete" remained on the screen until you shut the camera down or at least press the shutter, so you know when it completes.
07-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #40
Pentaxian
SkipperRi's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rijeka
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 593
QuoteOriginally posted by sadatoni Quote
Sure would be nice if the update blinked COMPLETED instead of showing it once and then blanking the screen. Successful upgrade from 1.02.


QuoteOriginally posted by markf Quote
Went from 1.03 to 1.10 successfully. Stepped away from the camera for a moment, when I came back the screen was blank, no "Complete". I wasn't sure what to do, but after a minute or two, I pressed the shutter slightly and the screen showed the normal information, so I assumed everything was good. Checked the firmware and it showed 1.10. i wish the word "Complete" remained on the screen until you shut the camera down or at least press the shutter, so you know when it completes.
Guys, on my K-3, after successfully finished update 1.03->1.10 on the screen was "Completed" message. Strange...
07-14-2014, 04:31 AM   #41
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,014
QuoteOriginally posted by markf Quote
Went from 1.03 to 1.10 successfully. Stepped away from the camera for a moment, when I came back the screen was blank, no "Complete". I wasn't sure what to do, but after a minute or two, I pressed the shutter slightly and the screen showed the normal information, so I assumed everything was good. Checked the firmware and it showed 1.10. i wish the word "Complete" remained on the screen until you shut the camera down or at least press the shutter, so you know when it completes.
Firmware updates used to provide more feedback some time ago. I remember a progress bar and two phases and so on. Now indeed it's just a blinking message saying "NOW LOADING" and then a "COMPLETE" message for a few seconds. If you looked away too long, it's only normal to have missed the "COMPLETE" message.

But it works. My K-3 updated nicely.

Wim
07-14-2014, 06:16 AM   #42
Site Supporter
tabl10s's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sacramento(formerly from B'Ham, England).
Posts: 1,394
Electrical power can be used instead of just battery for updates.
07-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #43
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 131
sigh, i thought the new update allowed the flash to trigger at higher shutter speed like up to 1/8000 sec... lolx [slap me, i need to wake up]
07-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #44
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,674
QuoteOriginally posted by choong_dc Quote
sigh, i thought the new update allowed the flash to trigger at higher shutter speed like up to 1/8000 sec... lolx [slap me, i need to wake up]
You can with HSS
07-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #45
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 131
i know... but at times you want to use a strobe and you want to get that dept of field. It becomes very relevant when you want to overpower the sun... lolx lolx lolx....
... is there any hacker that we can hire to get him hack the trigger system? lolz
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
1.10, camera, card, firmware, k-3, k-3 firmware, pentax news, pentax rumors, released, sd, slot, update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-3 firmware update coming next month DSims Pentax News and Rumors 7 06-25-2014 08:06 AM
10 Firmware Updates Released: Support for the Pentax Teleconveter Adam Pentax News and Rumors 29 03-10-2014 09:42 PM
Difficulty transferring K-3 firmware update file to SD card FW Birds Pentax K-3 8 12-31-2013 07:51 PM
K-r firmware update 1.13 alexmkd Pentax K-r 22 07-06-2013 05:55 AM
LR 4.3.1 update has been released George Lama Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 3 05-30-2011 01:35 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top