Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
Thanks.
You're welcome! :-)
07-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm. v1.10 from v1.03 implies there were several unreleased versions. (maybe)

1. Diffraction correction is now included but they clearly state not on RAW, glad they made the distinction instead of letting us wonder. Plus they include good instructions on how to turn it on and use it. Thank You Ricoh! That is exactly the kind of help we need to see and usually do not get.
  2. No mention of mirror flop issue, only "improved stability"
  3. Now uses ISO bracketing in TAv mode. That sounds interesting.
  4. Improved AWB stability/performance. Hmm.......
  5. Improved performance with filters and fringe correction. Nice to see improvements even if I have no idea what those are.

07-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Hmm. v1.10 from v1.03 implies there were several unreleased versions. (maybe)

1. Diffraction correction is now included but they clearly state not on RAW, glad they made the distinction instead of letting us wonder. Plus they include good instructions on how to turn it on and use it. Thank You Ricoh! That is exactly the kind of help we need to see and usually do not get.
  2. No mention of mirror flop issue, only "improved stability"
  3. Now uses ISO bracketing in TAv mode. That sounds interesting.
  4. Improved AWB stability/performance. Hmm.......
  5. Improved performance with filters and fringe correction. Nice to see improvements even if I have no idea what those are.
Isn't the 1.0 to 1.1 an indication of new features? Except that they didn't do it for moire bracketing.

Updated two bodies without issue. The menu item is there as expected, and they still take photos.
07-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Improved performance with filters and fringe correction. Nice to see improvements even if I have no idea what those are.
My thoughts as well. I suspect that those features are related to in-camera JPEG editing...things I don't use.

Steve
07-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
My thoughts as well. I suspect that those features are related to in-camera JPEG editing...things I don't use.

Steve
Yes, diffraction correction only applies to JPEGs. It does work quite nicely though. There are some samples in this post:

Pentax K-3 Firmware v1.10 Released - Firmware Updates - PF Blog

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Isn't the 1.0 to 1.1 an indication of new features? Except that they didn't do it for moire bracketing.
Anything is possible but I doubt that is the case here. As far as I remember they have not made special jumps for features before, just incremented the number. And thinking about it I don't remember them skipping numbers before either, so who knows......
07-09-2014, 09:49 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Speculating here, but the same code base was worked over for the 645Z so maybe all the improvements and bug fixes that weren't specific to the hardware were ported to the K-3 firmware.
07-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can anyone test to see if Debug menu is still accessible?
07-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #11

Just done a quick test Diffraction correction maybe ... mean added addition sharpness to JPG file only.
07-10-2014, 12:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

ISO bracketing in TAv sounds interesting for HDR/Exposure fushion. I wonder though whether merging shadow detail from a higher ISO shot with the same shutter speed/aperture (=more noise) would give better results than simply pushing the shadows (at the same cost of getting noisier shadows) in one single low ISO shot? Esp when shooting RAW? To be tested...

But it sounds like an improvement that makes the TAv mode a more practical mode, and a more logical implementation of bracketing in that mode.

Nice...

Wim
07-10-2014, 12:43 AM   #13
Banned

Somehow the install BIN-file doesn't work. Maybe my unpacking isn't good. Does someone have the BIN-file for me to download from a link?
07-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ron, Are you using the mac or Win version? I have a PC but always download the Mac version as it is just a straight .zip file with the BIN inside. I have it and could put it in my dropbox account for you but I'm at work now, can do it tonight if no one else helps before then.
07-10-2014, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Somehow the install BIN-file doesn't work. Maybe my unpacking isn't good. Does someone have the BIN-file for me to download from a link?
Hey, Ron, do you need Windows or Mac version? I have Win, few hours ago I updated my K-3 without any problems. Let me know which version, and I'll send you BIN file via e-mail or GoogleDrive.