Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WallEye Quote
This is a comment from Ricohs forum @ Ricoh.com (repair services) witch u all should be reading also:

I concur.. And I did not mean to infer that Pentax sent me the loaner.. Because when I called to tell them I found it on my back porch after two days of rain and it would have been nice if someone let me know It was coming.. Nobody new who I was or what I was doing with a 645d loaner!
I wicked appreciated it because it saved my butt for two jobs but as far as I know it may have come from precision camera. The CEO John Malinosky said he was trying to get me one but that was the last I heard!
They wanted to know the serial number and all info.. Well I've been waiting since August 10th ish? They're gonna wait till I get mine back.
I'd like to assume they figured it out by now but they really aren't impressing me with their intelligence?
True story .. Believe it or not.. scary... At the time I paid $8000 for it they sent me another one and don't even know it!
That's actually pretty funny in all it's tragedy!

12-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #302

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
That's actually pretty funny in all it's tragedy!
It's completely ridiculous is what it is!
Some smart company with $ should step in here and take advantage of precisions bad work ethic!
12-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #303

If u really want to get somewhere?, these two got me a 645d loaner. Just mention attorney generals office!
I have no idea where the camera came from, and neither does Pentax but I got one! Precision camera received mine in the middle of August still no word. I wasn't going to put out this email address because I think they helped me but I'm getting very !%#xz! off! Wanted my camera back so I could sell it and buy the 645Z. By the time I get it back it will probably be worthless it's value has already been cut in half from $8000 to around $4000!
Here ya go.. Merry Christmas!! Hammer them! I still think it's Richos problem but this is the way I got to them.

JMalinosky@precisioncamera.com is the ceo. Of precision camera
GGristwood@precisioncamera.com I believe is Vice President
Thanks Walleye,
I sent them an email. Hope it helps.
maria
12-06-2014, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #304

It's completely ridiculous is what it is!
Some smart company with $ should step in here and take advantage of precisions bad work ethic!
Ricoh won't send other repair places the parts. I can't imagine why. Seems the easier it would be to get cameras repaired, the better the company would look. Maybe customer satisfaction is not high on their list. I hope they get it together soon.
m

12-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #305
Pentaxian

Ok, after waiting for all the transition dust to settle, I sent my K-3 in to Precision 1 December for irritable shutter syndrome, inability to update firmware, and some shutter debris removal. UPS delivered 11am Weds. Received for repair, repaired, and shipped today 8 December with tracking #. I don't know how to take this other than a sign from a higher power. Truly amazing! I'll be interested to see what was actually corrected. To be continued.
12-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #306
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Ok, after waiting for all the transition dust to settle, I sent my K-3 in to Precision 1 December for irritable shutter syndrome, inability to update firmware, and some shutter debris removal. UPS delivered 11am Weds. Received for repair, repaired, and shipped today 8 December with tracking #. I don't know how to take this other than a sign from a higher power. Truly amazing! I'll be interested to see what was actually corrected. To be continued.
Well, they certainly have the turnaround time down to excellent standards. Definitely a big improvement. Lets hope they fixed your issues.
12-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #307

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Lucky you! I wish my k3 came faster (1 1/2 monghs)before my k5 ii temp devalued over the bf sales. I Had a speck of dust on the k3 viewfinder and tried to clean it only to make it much worse and ended up fading the little insert with what looks like markered up dust. Sad. Anyone know if this is a layer on the glass that can be fixed or replaced?

12-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #308

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
It appears there is a Precision Camera and Video in Texas and Precision Camera Repair in Connecticut. You want the latter:

PENTAX Camera Repair | Authorized Service Center | Precision Camera
I have had the MISFORTUNE of choosing the Ct. Precision Camera repair shop. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!
It has been over a month. I was told 7-10 business days for the repair, when I was initially asked to fork over the money to permit repair. I am super disappointed. They told me 3 weeks later that they would be ordering a part and its arrival date would be 12/1/2014....still waiting.
Whatever you do BEWARE of these guys!
12-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #309

QuoteOriginally posted by GrantH. Quote
sked to fork over the money to permit repair. I am super disappointed. They told me 3 weeks later that they would be ordering a part and its arrival date would be 12/1/2014....still waiting.
Whatever you do BEWARE of these guys!
They don't charge your card until the repairs are completed and the equipment is shipped back to you. A three or more week wait for parts from Japan, Malaysia or the Philippines is not unusual. It also happens to be the holiday season which causes delays in shipping. I just sent a Priority Package to a friend and it took 4 days when it usually takes two. I avoid mail and oversea orders throughout December when ever I can for that reason.

An order from some camera equipment from Singapore once took over six months in the mail. I was just about to put a tracer out when it arrived. Normally it takes about a week.

If it is warranty service you have no choice except to send it to Precision. If you sent you camera to another authorized service center for warranty work they would forward it to Precision and you'd have further delays and tracking problems.

You can argue that they should have the parts in stock but few companies keep inventories of expensive parts and assemblies that may sit in inventory for years or never be used. Maybe before the mid 80s companies could afford to do that but not now.

If you have been following the repair stories it seems since mid-September the main delay has been waiting for parts. The situation was no different in this regard with C.R.I.S. C.R.I.S. was better in communicating.
12-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #310

They don't charge your card until the repairs are completed and the equipment is shipped back to you. A three or more week wait for parts from Japan, Malaysia or the Philippines is not unusual. It also happens to be the holiday season which causes delays in shipping. I just sent a Priority Package to a friend and it took 4 days when it usually takes two. I avoid mail and oversea orders throughout December when ever I can for that reason.

An order from some camera equipment from Singapore once took over six months in the mail. I was just about to put a tracer out when it arrived. Normally it takes about a week.

If it is warranty service you have no choice except to send it to Precision. If you sent you camera to another authorized service center for warranty work they would forward it to Precision and you'd have further delays and tracking problems.

You can argue that they should have the parts in stock but few companies keep inventories of expensive parts and assemblies that may sit in inventory for years or never be used. Maybe before the mid 80s companies could afford to do that but not now.

If you have been following the repair stories it seems since mid-September the main delay has been waiting for parts. The situation was no different in this regard with C.R.I.S. C.R.I.S. was better in communicating.
STOP! U obviously do not no what's going on here.. Read up and stop defending a piss poor company!
My camera has been gone since mid August!
12-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #311

STOP! U obviously do not no what's going on here.. Read up and stop defending a piss poor company!
My camera has been gone since mid August!
You got a loaner and apparently you aren't enrolled in the Pentax Professional Service program. Do some reading yourself. I said that repairs sent to CRIS and Precision between mid-June and mid-September mostly fell into a black hole. Duh, August fits right into that time frame. For the most part it seems the black hole has evaporated, yours being an exception. So why don't you follow through with your threats of getting the Attorney General involved?

Otherwise you have just been boriscletoedŽ.
12-15-2014, 03:24 AM   #312

You got a loaner and apparently you aren't enrolled in the Pentax Professional Service program. Do some reading yourself. I said that repairs sent to CRIS and Precision between mid-June and mid-September mostly fell into a black hole. Duh, August fits right into that time frame. For the most part it seems the black hole has evaporated, yours being an exception. So why don't you follow through with your threats of getting the Attorney General involved?

Otherwise you have just been boriscletoedŽ.
I have followed through and will keep u informed! Also takes time!
12-15-2014, 07:32 AM   #313

I have followed through and will keep u informed! Also takes time!
Thanks to your tip on who to get a hold of at Precision, my camera is finally on it's way home. Mr. Malinosky was very helpful in getting the problem resolved. It seems that Ricoh is not very good at getting the parts needed to the repair facility. The part they had to order for me had to be ordered 3 times. Seems Ricoh is not very good at customer service.
Thank you again for the contact information.
maria
12-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
Seems Ricoh is not very good at customer service.

maria
Could be a problem...
12-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #315
Veteran Member

Guess I need to write Mr. Malinosky. I haven't even received a reply from Mr. Gristwood. My part was backordered til Dec. 5th and the status has still not changed. Still waiting for parts. I have another eagle tour planned for March and I had been assuming I'd have my camera back by then. Now, I'm not so sure. lol