Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2014, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #361

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
My K-30 is out of repair and has been shipped!! Hooray! It's too early to have any tracking info, but I'm very grateful it's on its way home. Happy New Year!
loco, that's great! Good start for the new year.
maria

12-31-2014, 08:28 PM   #362
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kiberkli Quote
Lucky you. I'm glad. Good to see there is progress. Happy New Year to you as well.
Thank you! Has your K-30 been shipped yet?

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That is great news!
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
loco, that's great! Good start for the new year.
maria
Thank you!
12-31-2014, 09:05 PM   #363

Thank you! Has your K-30 been shipped yet?
Sigh, no.

Maybe we can get B&H to light a fire under Precision collective underside because I'm reluctant to purchase a new lens as long as I don't have the camera in hand.

Last edited by kiberkli; 12-31-2014 at 09:22 PM.
01-01-2015, 03:08 AM   #364
Site Supporter

Sigh, no.

Maybe we can get B&H to light a fire under Precision collective underside because I'm reluctant to purchase a new lens as long as I don't have the camera in hand.
Sorry to hear that and I don't blame you! Hope it's on its way soon!

01-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #365

When my K-30 went from 'parts on order' to 'in repair' I had sent an email enquiring about the its status. I just now sent nearly the identical email and the status is now 'out of repair' and shipping. Too early to track, though. Appears a lot like loco's experience. One would think they try to get repairs out the door so they can get payed...

So I guess you have to keep on bugging then so they won't forget.

(And my credit card did get charged today.)
01-02-2015, 04:35 PM   #366
Site Supporter

When my K-30 went from 'parts on order' to 'in repair' I had sent an email enquiring about the its status. I just now sent nearly the identical email and the status is now 'out of repair' and shipping. Too early to track, though. Appears a lot like loco's experience. One would think they try to get repairs out the door so they can get payed...

So I guess you have to keep on bugging then so they won't forget.

(And my credit card did get charged today.)
Great to hear it's on its way!! Would you believe mine is STILL too early to track. I guess because of the holiday. Hopefully, it got picked up by UPS today. Ours probably will go out the door the same day.

Glad you were persistent, maybe that is what it takes with them.
01-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #367

Great to hear it's on its way!! Would you believe mine is STILL too early to track. I guess because of the holiday. Hopefully, it got picked up by UPS today. Ours probably will go out the door the same day.
I sure hope so.

Glad you were persistent, maybe that is what it takes with them.
Makes me think I should have sent an email every day.

Thanks.
01-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #368

I sure hope so.

Makes me think I should have sent an email every day.

Thanks.
That might be the best way. I'm just not sure who to bug, Precision or Ricoh. Both, I suppise.
Am glad to hear it's moving along for you.
maria

01-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #369
Site Supporter

My K-30 arrived from Precision today. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but the few photos I took were exposed correctly. The notes said...

"A complete repair and return all functions to factory specs. Auto focus test. Check, recalibration and realignment. Firmware download. Corrections and adjustments; address values measured and adjusted. Complete cleaning (internal and external).

Parts used: Diaphragm control block."

Not sure what all of that means, but the camera looks great and it's working and I'm grateful to have it back! It took longer than I liked, but it seems they did a good job.
01-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #370

My K-30 arrived from Precision today. I haven't had a chance to mess with it much, but the few photos I took were exposed correctly. The notes said...
Great news. Mine will arrive tomorrow. We should compare serial numbers and make sure they didn't do a switcharoo.
01-06-2015, 08:36 PM   #371

"A complete repair and return all functions to factory specs. Auto focus test. Check, recalibration and realignment. Firmware download. Corrections and adjustments; address values measured and adjusted. Complete cleaning (internal and external).

Not sure what all of that means, but the camera looks great and it's working and I'm grateful to have it back! It took longer than I liked, but it seems they did a good job.
Am very glad to hear that. Happy shooting.
maria

---------- Post added 01-06-15 at 08:38 PM ----------

Great news. Mine will arrive tomorrow. We should compare serial numbers and make sure they didn't do a switcharoo.
First thing I did when I got mine back.
It was the same number alright but working nicely now.
Maybe parts supply line is working better now.
have fun.
maria
01-07-2015, 05:34 AM   #372
Site Supporter

Thanks Maria and kib! I'm glad to hear you are getting yours back, too, kib! That's awesome. Yes, my serial number was correct! LOL!
01-08-2015, 10:32 AM   #373
Pentaxian

I got my new Pentax hood for my DA 50-135 within about a week ordering time. Thanks B and H Photo!!!
01-08-2015, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #374
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
That might be the best way. I'm just not sure who to bug, Precision or Ricoh. Both, I suppise.
Am glad to hear it's moving along for you.
maria
Bug Ricoh, that's who your contract is with, Precision works for Ricoh.

I had the exact same repair to mine and your verbiage is identical. I was impressed by the repair quality, but saddened by the 3 month ordeal my camera had between CRIS and Precision. Glad to see you are back in business!
01-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #375

Yeh, it's Ricoh where my bucks stopped. Hope they got it together now.
maria