Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #376

My K-30 also started underexposing by 5-6 stops not randomly but all the time. Sent it in to Precision on 11/26 and it shows "in repair" since 12/8.
Looks like you got yours back so there is hope

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
My K-30 just started randomly underexposing. It stops down too much apparently. Seems to be a fairly common aperture motor issue.... I have the two year extended warranty which expires next July. So, what do I need to send in the package to make sure this is taken care of under the warranty? Do they just need a copy of the receipt and the extended warranty card?

This thread is making me a bit nervous, but I'm glad to see some positive experiences cropping up as well. Thanks!

01-12-2015, 06:08 AM   #377
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by akomlik Quote
My K-30 also started underexposing by 5-6 stops not randomly but all the time. Sent it in to Precision on 11/26 and it shows "in repair" since 12/8.
Looks like you got yours back so there is hope

Yes, mine is back. I tested it out this weekend and it's working great! If yours in in repair already, maybe they got some extra parts to keep in stock. That would be great! Good luck!
01-12-2015, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #378

Hey, it has just been shipped and precision site shows tracking number (that does not track yet)

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Yes, mine is back. I tested it out this weekend and it's working great! If yours in in repair already, maybe they got some extra parts to keep in stock. That would be great! Good luck!
01-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #379
Veteran Member

Great news, Alexander!

01-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #380

So I got my camera back last week. Got the flu so didn't post earlier. Haven't had much of a chance to take it out but it looks like its working ok (sample).

The magic maybe in constantly pestering Precision via email to get updated progress... Never did get email updates.
01-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #381
Forum Member

Sent my K3 in for a non-functioning rear LCD. Super fast turn around! Got it today....opened it up and........the rear LCD doesn't work. Repair ticket says "LCD, electronics and associated items repair"....not happy!
02-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #382

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Homo_erectus Quote
According to the included Final Repair Ticket, the front housing was replaced. Anyone know what part that is?
I know I am about 3 months late on this reply, but your front housing would be this piece. Without reading back through the thread I believe you were the one having a problem with your lens release button. From my experience it would be much easier to replace the whole assembly (a couple of screws) than to replace the button (usually glued in place).

Attached Images

09-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #383

Ok here is the scoop..
I'll try to make this short because it is long..
I bought 645d 10/12/13! in February of 2014 realized after starting to print for customers big sensor problem..
Started contacting Pentax from that date on.. Finally got them to let me ship for repair.. Read back post for that journey thru hell... I sent 645D camera to precision 8/12/14 received it back fixed January 2015 that's a year later From the date I started trying to get them to fix it. I did follow through with attorney generals and in the end for my troubles they sent me a free K3ii Camera . (Still not worth all the lying and anxiety) I received that August 2015..
If you have any problems with any company?.. I strongly suggest Attorneys generals office.
I want to say that I love all my Pentax equipment BUT they have been taken over by a very Rude, unprofessional, irresponsible to large of a company that don't even think knows they own Pentax without looking at a list of there holdings..
Good luck and don't deal with bull#%€+.. It takes patients and time but deal with them on there level!
David
Peace!

Last edited by WallEye; 09-18-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Not clear date
09-18-2015, 07:26 AM   #384

QuoteOriginally posted by WallEye Quote
I sent 645D camera to precision 8/12/14 received it back fixed January 2015 that's a year later!.
By calendar year, yes it is a year later. In elapsed time it is only 5 months. If you sent it in Dec 28, 2014 and got it back Jan 3 2015 you could say it was a year later even though it would only have been six days. A bit disingenuous IMHO.

Did you return the 645d that was sent to you as a loaner or did you keep it? And you never said who sent it to you - Ricoh or Precision.

So you got your camera back in January and you wait until September to update us?

So what was the problem? Waiting for parts? A four or five month wait for parts from overseas is not unheard of even today. I had to wait almost a year for parts from Japan for a tape recorder once. Were you a member of the Pentax Professional Services program which was still in effect at the time - it's now the Ricoh Advantage Program.

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-18-2015 at 08:06 AM.
09-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #385

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
By calendar year, yes it is a year later. In elapsed time it is only 5 months. If you sent it in Dec 28, 2014 and got it back Jan 3 2015 you could say it was a year later even though it would only have been six days. A bit disingenuous IMHO.

Did you return the 645d that was sent to you as a loaner or did you keep it? And you never said who sent it to you - Ricoh or Precision.

So you got your camera back in January and you wait until September to update us?

So what was the problem? Waiting for parts? A four or five month wait for parts from overseas is not unheard of even today. I had to wait almost a year for parts from Japan for a tape recorder once. Were you a member of the Pentax Professional Services program which was still in effect at the time - it's now the Ricoh Advantage Program.
I tried to send it back February 2014 they wouldn't except for repair till finally August 2014.. Then received 2015.. Might want to read other post. It was broken when received 2013 still under warranty.. You think they'd send me a brand new I'm sorry for the inconvenience camera if they didn't have to?

---------- Post added 09-18-15 at 11:24 AM ----------

I tried to send it back February 2014 they wouldn't except for repair till finally August 2014.. Then received 2015.. Might want to read other post. It was broken when received 2013 still under warranty.. You think they'd send me a brand new I'm sorry for the inconvenience camera if they didn't have to?
I agree my wording was not clear.. But yes 11 months isn't quite a year..

---------- Post added 09-18-15 at 12:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added 09-18-15 at 11:24 AM ----------

I agree my wording was not clear.. But yes 11 months isn't quite a year..
Oh and yes as soon as they figured out who sent it (and it took some doing because Pentax told me they did not have one) I sent the loaner back that day! The attorney generals office let me know who to send it to. Pentax did not know if it was the CEO of precision camera John Malinosky who I spoke to or Pentax!
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask If you need help with anything I did I know a lot of people are getting and have been screwed by Ricoh.
Again.. I love all my Pentax stuff it is Ricoh that is going to suffocate them.