Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #121
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
I don't even know what to do now that this is happening. =( =(
Registered letter on your lawyers letterhead.

Steve

09-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm sensing a "sticky" on what to do when Pentax won't return your broken equipment.
09-16-2014, 09:05 AM - 1 Like   #123
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Still waiting. Finally got an answer from Precision.....They told me that I needed my serial number since they cant pull up repair(s) by phone number for who knows why. Them having my camera, box, receipt or anything that has my serial number I called Pentax and then they said to call CRIS so I can get the serial number since apparently Pentax doesn't know (even though its logged in their system). CRIS went extremely smoothly after telling them my problem about my serial number, They were able to pull my info and give me my serial number so I can give to precision for to check repair status. Now if precision would learn to pick up their phones.....that be great...

Last edited by Alex Nostalgix; 09-16-2014 at 10:11 AM.
09-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #124
Pentaxian

The latter part (03.25) of this LuLa video from Photokina may be of interest -- some comments from Jim Malcolm

09-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #125
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
The latter part (03.25) of this LuLa video from Photokina may be of interest -- some comments from Jim Malcolm

Its a shame they seem to give the stupid 645Z all the preference to just about everything. Currently everyone who has there stuff in for service is having the crappiest time ever..
09-18-2014, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #126
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
My status online actually changed to "in repair" today.

I would suggest that you call Ricoh directly and not Precision, since they don't answer the phones anyway. Another avenue is the Ricoh Imaging website, specifically the Community Forums. They have a section on customer service. You can post there and maybe nothing will come of it, but it's a platform for the customer, it can't hurt.
Calling Ricoh AND using their online Chat and Web-forms seem to have moved my cause in a slight but positive direction. The call center (Paul) said that they ARE moving all comments to the corporate level. He also said they have been monitoring this thread. To me, it sounds like they are building a case. It doesn't appear that PF considered this situation for repairs to be important enough to ask Ricoh at Photokina? ..
09-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #127
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For me, this is now officially a race. Will I have the new Pentax/Ricoh full frame in my hand before or after my 16-50 returns? The clock starts now. Date of arrival of my lens to a service center = 3 JULY 2014. Tick tick tick tick...

09-18-2014, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Calling Ricoh AND using their online Chat and Web-forms seem to have moved my cause in a slight but positive direction. The call center (Paul) said that they ARE moving all comments to the corporate level. He also said they have been monitoring this thread. To me, it sounds like they are building a case. It doesn't appear that PF considered this situation for repairs to be important enough to ask Ricoh at Photokina? ..
Paul was the rep who helped me also, I think the fourth rep I've talked to. In that video Jim Malcolm mentions the next thirty days will "smooth out". sounds like he is acknowledging the problems. I hope he's not just being hopeful.
09-18-2014, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Paul was the rep who helped me also, I think the fourth rep I've talked to. In that video Jim Malcolm mentions the next thirty days will "smooth out". sounds like he is acknowledging the problems. I hope he's not just being hopeful.
JM is a nice guy and really wants RIAC to succeed - but - this feels like a case of information not flowing uphill very quickly. Probably not his fault (or JCP's) directly, but it's on his watch and he has a boss from Japan . . . . .
09-18-2014, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

...But have no worries. I jest, but I am patient and realize with a shift from one company to another there will be delays and unforeseen bumps along the way. The big wrinkle is just the communication piece - I know this isn't going to be a quick fix, but it'd be good to have someone say "We have your lens, we'll take care of it." Simple things like that go a long way.
09-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle94VT Quote
... but it'd be good to have someone say "We have your lens, we'll take care of it." Simple things like that go a long way.
That pretty much nails what they missed here. Being told it's there but just not logged yet does not give you any peace of mind.
09-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #132

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
I just spoke with a customer service person at Precision at the 800 number above supplied to me by CRIS. After about 20 rings (it's a long story) I was able to get through. She didn't seem versed in repair language. I was told that they do not do the repairs but send them to the factory. I said you mean you send them to Japan or Vietnam? She said, actually they have a factory in the US. ??? Can someone help me have confidence in this series of unannounced repair circumstances?

---------- Post added 07-29-14 at 01:01 PM ----------

I just e-mailed them with the same questions to see if there is any difference in the response.

---------- Post added 07-29-14 at 01:17 PM ----------

I just spoke with Randy at Ricoh. CRIS is in the process of moving to Precision in Connecticut and will be ready for orders after August 10th. He said if anyone has questions to call (800) 877-0155. 3-4 week minimums for repair turn around.
AND there is NO factory in the US.
Peace
Good luck I've been waiting two months and precision won't return calls or emails. 645d warranty issue. Pray u don't need repair! Pentax makes u think there going to help but they have no control! I think Ricoh is going to be the down fall of my beloved Pentax.
09-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #133
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My lens is at precision. The screen says to call. I've tried a few times a day for a few days...has any ever had someone pick up?
09-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #134

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Registered letter on your lawyers letterhead.

Steve
attorney generals office works well also!
09-23-2014, 08:52 PM - 2 Likes   #135
Veteran Member

And this is why people shoot Nikon or Canon if you have to get the job done. You just cant wank around waiting for Ricoh to figure out which uninterested third party is going to fix your SDM motor when it craps out.

I love my Pentax cameras, but the end is nigh...