Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Well, after about 3 months now, I still have no news as to what happened to my camera and when it is going to be repaired after Criscam sent it to Precision Camera.
This is very sad and worrysome as to the status of the repairs.
Please Call Precision At: (800) 665-6515 and ask for Charlene and see if she can help you find your machine. Calmly explain to her the situation. She's very sweet and knows her way around the place.

Good luck

09-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Thanks Rick for the referral.
I'm trying out the email route first since it is harder to call.
Precision camera can reply to my email at their own time if the phones are always busy.
I gave them the make and model of my DSLR and the serial of course together with the work order number they gave me at Criscam and the customer number provided for me from Criscam too.
I hope they can find my K50 DSLR. It's kinda hard not being able to use my camera when in the first place I bought that immediately for the purpose of being excited and using it for a grand reunion.
Alas, it broke down even before the event and it's taking a long time to repair it.
The price of the K50 has gone down now several times since I bought mine brand new.
I'm being regretful of buying and upgrading to that K50 now which is out of commission and as good as a paper weight since I can't use it.
09-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #108
Pentaxian

Thanks Rick for the referral.
I'm trying out the email route first since it is harder to call.
Precision camera can reply to my email at their own time if the phones are always busy.
I've emailed them 3 times so far and am still waiting for any reply (for many weeks now), so don't hold your breath...
09-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well, after about 3 months now, I still have no news as to what happened to my camera and when it is going to be repaired after Criscam sent it to Precision Camera.
This is very sad and worrysome as to the status of the repairs.
Three months, that means it sat a CRIS for a month and a half too.

09-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Right after I responded to Gerry's post I decided to check one more time today, through the Ricoh site, and I was nearly shocked to see this:
Name:  Ricoh-Service-&-Repair20140912.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  72.3 KB
09-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #111
mee
Veteran Member

Good deal!

I have a precious lens at C.R.I.S. right now... first time I've mailed a lens... and my fav one too haha.

Guess this is the season of photo equipment repair. :c )
09-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #112
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I gave them the make and model of my DSLR and the serial of course together with the work order number they gave me at Criscam and the customer number provided for me from Criscam too.
It would appear that your issue is with C.R.I.S.. Your camera was accessioned into their system and it disappeared while under their care. I would skip the e-mails and send a registered letter on your lawyer's stationery, CC'd to Ricoh.

Steve

09-12-2014, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It would be great, as someone previously mentioned days ago, if the essence of this thread was brought up at Photokina. Even a basic question such as, "If someone were to send in a lens/camera for repair, what would you think a reasonable turn around would be?"
09-12-2014, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #114
mee
Veteran Member

That was.. me. haha And, yes, this would be a good time to question someone about support while you have their attention. Manufacturer support is a really big deal with photography equipment!
09-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #115
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle94VT Quote
It would be great, as someone previously mentioned days ago, if the essence of this thread was brought up at Photokina. Even a basic question such as, "If someone were to send in a lens/camera for repair, what would you think a reasonable turn around would be?"
I suggested this on the Photokina suggestions thread a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if they will follow through or not.
09-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #116
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
I suggested this on the Photokina suggestions thread a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if they will follow through or not.
I see your post.. but it wasn't a couple of weeks ago, but rather a week ago to the day.. actually we suggested on the same day for this to be asked at Photokina just in different threads. Spooky.

Really hope the topic is addressed at least. I know it is tough asking hard questions when Corporate wants to be all sorts of positive, but this needs to be sorted.
09-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I see your post.. but it wasn't a couple of weeks ago, but rather a week ago to the day.. actually we suggested on the same day for this to be asked at Photokina just in different threads. Spooky.

Really hope the topic is addressed at least. I know it is tough asking hard questions when Corporate wants to be all sorts of positive, but this needs to be sorted.
Sorry.
09-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #118
mee
Veteran Member

Why are you apologizing? Nothing bad happened.. It was kind of interesting that we both requested the same question(s) be poised at the meet in different threads on the same day! I think this further shows that perhaps these types of questions should be asked.. even if off camera.
09-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #119
Veteran Member

Recieved zero (0) emails from Precision camera.
I emailed them again for a 2nd time.
They haven't contacted me in any way.
I'm really bummed out!
I don't even know what to do now that this is happening. =( =(
09-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #120
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My status online actually changed to "in repair" today.

I would suggest that you call Ricoh directly and not Precision, since they don't answer the phones anyway. Another avenue is the Ricoh Imaging website, specifically the Community Forums. They have a section on customer service. You can post there and maybe nothing will come of it, but it's a platform for the customer, it can't hurt.