Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #166

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pentax customer service

Just got off the phone with Randall who sent me up to Dale above him and he can't help me.. end of 9th week and counting.. Said he'd like to give me a loner but don't have any. Been escalated 4 times now! Precision says on on 10/3 .. 3 to 5 more weeks.. that will be 13 weeks with them and 14 or 15 that ive been without it! But pentax customer service has been really nice?

10-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #167
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Delete please.

Last edited by Alex Nostalgix; 10-11-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: e
10-11-2014, 11:26 AM   #168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex Nostalgix Quote
Well I'm EXTREMELY in raged at the moment. 4 Months without a camera. Finally got it back. First of all my compaint was that my K3 doesnt turn on anymore and my case has been opened a slight amountfrom an incident with the floor. Pentax told me that they opted to replace the case and find out why the camera doesn't turn on for about $250 which I found reasonable and gave the the "ok: to do such repairs since I suspected they would replace the whole case. On a piece of paper I also wrote down the problems and told them details on what wrong with the camera in box when i sent it.....With all of that ing considered.....I get my camera back and not to my god dam suprise the case wasn't even replaced. So of course, I almost didn't bother to turn on assuming that they didn't touch it all together and sure enough my K3 still doesn't turn on. Now I have not checked the battery, so by miracle maybe its dead and I'm charging at home while I'm at work as I type this. Assuming that everything was functioning properly though my K3 still doesn't turn on. Now what irks me (if turning on problem still exist after battery charged) is on the repair order they claim to recalibrated my focus, internal cleaning, firmware update among other warranty stuff although the small opening in the casing seemed to be fixed.. Hopefully the battery is dead, which if it was I will delete this post and be a happy camper. If not my question would be how did you calibrate my camera without turning it on and testing it? how did you update my firmware, again when the camera didn't work? Why wasn't my casing replaced after you internally cleaned it? With all these questions in mind did Precision camera lie entirely about the repair?
I wish this were not a believable story, but as there are multiple complaints against Precision for sending back "repaired" equipment that was obviously never even touched (by them)...well, it just boggles the mind...
10-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #169
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I wish this were not a believable story, but as there are multiple complaints against Precision for sending back "repaired" equipment that was obviously never even touched (by them)...well, it just boggles the mind...
Tell me about it. Pentax just points the finger with an -insert excuse as to why they cant help and how this is precisions problem now thanks for your 1300 dollars-. Like magic they have no knowledge of anything at all once the camera is sent. Pentax didn't even no my model number or where it was nor if it was even registered in the system...isnt that your job to, I dont know, keep track of customers property. I was going to open my photography services this year but now seems it will take another year thanks to Pentax. Simply enough has solidified my move. I'm considering bring this up to consumer watch aswell pending on my conversation with Pentax on Monday.

10-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very sad and upsetting, if true. But IMHO a wait to actually test and see if the problem was solved might have been advisable. Venting is all well and good and this thread has plenty of examples of unacceptable repair situations, but you do not actually know that the camera does not turn on. Commendable that you "will delete this post" later if your assumption is wrong but this is the internet, nothing ever really gets deleted.
I am now firmly going to invest in the Canon 7D MKII and as of right now just get a 7D to hold me
That might be a good move, if you rely on your gear for professional events you should go with a brand that can support you.
10-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #171
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Very sad and upsetting, if true. But IMHO a wait to actually test and see if the problem was solved might have been advisable. Venting is all well and good and this thread has plenty of examples of unacceptable repair situations, but you do not actually know that the camera does not turn on. Commendable that you "will delete this post" later if your assumption is wrong but this is the internet, nothing ever really gets deleted.
True. Still dont know why they would send me my camera back with a dead batterly though. I'll be home in about 4 hours, so I will let you guys know happens. I'll also take pics and video so you can see I'm not blowing smoke.
10-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

True. Still dont know why they would send me my camera back with a dead batterly though. I'll be home in about 4 hours, so I will let you guys know happens. I'll also take pics and video so you can see I'm not blowing smoke.
Since a full battery conditioning discharge / recharge can take several hours they probably use their own charged battery in each camera repaired and don't touch your battery at all.

10-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #173
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Since a full battery conditioning discharge / recharge can take several hours they probably use their own charged battery in each camera repaired and don't touch your battery at all.
True -- you actually shouldn't even send batteries...
10-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #174
Forum Member

So 4 months wait. Recieved camera back a few days ago. Was told the casing was going to replaced which it was not, my shutter button is smooshy, and repair order said firmware was updated but it still has Version 1. That being said my K3 turns on again, though it took alittle long than usual the first time back, but thank jesus because I had ranted at first ready to Mortal Kombat on someone. Still though theres way too many loops and hoops to get a straight answer with the repairs. I still hold to my "lower standard" for a better word of customer service after being told time and time again to talk to someone else and then contact this person to tell you this, gets ridiculous fast. I will monitor my K3 from the this time, if you quoted my last post be grateful to remove from your comments would be great .

Prepare for headache. Hopefully this will get better and soon.
10-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad it is working!

However, four months is not just too long, it is simply ridiculous. Granted Ricoh has been in the middle of a change in repair centers but this level of service is not in line with what I would expect. If the k-3 has a 24 month life cycle your camera sat in the shop for 1/6th of its life. Knowing that my camera would take four months to repair I would simply buy a new one. If I am a photographer, either as a hobby or as a business how can I be without a camera for four months?

Dear Ricoh execs: Take something you use everyday. Your phone perhaps, or electric razor. Put it on the shelf and don't touch it for four months. Now perhaps you understand?
10-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, when my saga ends I plan on writing Ricoh a letter - constructive criticism. The Ricoh-Pentax website is still not correct when it comes to none warranty repair. It states something to the effect of Precision providing you a "quote" for repair estimation. When my lens was somewhere in the quagmire between CRIS and Precision, the precision website had a flat repair rate to repair my 16-50. $200-something. After it arrived at Precision, and a couple weeks for me to get hold of someone (and yes, put your cell on speaker and let it ring for days) - it was the same quote - clearly prior to anyone looking at it. When my lens gets back I hope it is good to go!
10-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #177

Excellent idea!
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Glad it is working!

However, four months is not just too long, it is simply ridiculous. Granted Ricoh has been in the middle of a change in repair centers but this level of service is not in line with what I would expect. If the k-3 has a 24 month life cycle your camera sat in the shop for 1/6th of its life. Knowing that my camera would take four months to repair I would simply buy a new one. If I am a photographer, either as a hobby or as a business how can I be without a camera for four months?

Dear Ricoh execs: Take something you use everyday. Your phone perhaps, or electric razor. Put it on the shelf and don't touch it for four months. Now perhaps you understand?
10-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #178

I recently sent in my 35mm 2.4 to get the focus ring repaired (it was so stiff that the screw drive on the camera couldn't turn it). Sent it on the 7th I believe. On their order tracking page it says that it was received on the 10th and is in the "In Repair" status as of the 13th. I will keep you all updated as to how it goes from here....
10-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #179
Veteran Member

My 40 XS has shipped today! It went in on 9/20.

Hopefully they actually fixed it.
10-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #180
Veteran Member

Lens has been cleaned and returned to factory specs. I am very happy with the service.