Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #286
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
The good news is that they ship it back 2-day air.
Awesome! So there is a chance I'll have it back for Thanksgiving. I miss my camera SO MUCH!

11-24-2014, 11:46 PM   #287
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since this seems to have become the default repair thread:

I sent my wife's DA 18-135 to Precision Camera on 11/4/2014, their website reported receiving it on 11/6, putting it 'into repair' on 11/10 and shipping it back on 11/17. It was delivered here on 11/24. So 20 days including shipping both ways and weekends. Personally I am quite happy with that and wanted to give Precision a 'way to go' and a big thanks.

The repair was marked as "DC Motor complete repair and return all functions to factory specs" Parts used: DC motor.

Now we get to see if the repair holds up. And I think this is the first DC motor failure I have seen reported.
11-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #288

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
The repair was marked as "DC Motor complete repair and return all functions to factory specs" Parts used: DC motor.

Now we get to see if the repair holds up. And I think this is the first DC motor failure I have seen reported.
That would imply they had the motor in stock. As I recall from another post some one was told it takes (usually) 10 to 15 days to get parts if they need to be ordered. If they had the part in stock that could mean it was expected to have to be replaced.
11-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #289
Veteran Member

They told me on the phone it takes 10-14 business days to get parts that they order. Well, my part has been ordered for 14 business days today, not counting Veteran's Day. If I don't see any movement by tomorrow, I guess I need to make another call. Glad some of you are getting your stuff back quickly, though.

11-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #290
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
That would imply they had the motor in stock. As I recall from another post some one was told it takes (usually) 10 to 15 days to get parts if they need to be ordered. If they had the part in stock that could mean it was expected to have to be replaced.
Or that they have gotten their act together and are now stocking parts properly. A repair shop should have parts in stock based on the probability of failure / expense. A DC motor used in a new, modern lens would almost have to be stocked even if it never fails. At least it would in any shop I ran.

Anyway, they did a solid job, time wise. The website was updated as things progressed, though I got no email updates despite having signed up for them. I would have preferred 2 day shipping instead of the UPS ground they used. The difference would have been maybe $3 and USPS would have provided the box. Not necessary, just would have been a nice 'customer service', we care about you touch.

Now to test it out and see if the repair is good.

---------- Post added 11-25-14 at 09:20 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
They told me on the phone it takes 10-14 business days to get parts that they order.
I guess that would assume the part was in stock at the home office though. If not.......................
11-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #291

It's been 21 days since they received my K-30...parts on order... sigh.
11-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #292

They told me on the phone it takes 10-14 business days to get parts that they order. Well, my part has been ordered for 14 business days today, not counting Veteran's Day. If I don't see any movement by tomorrow, I guess I need to make another call. Glad some of you are getting your stuff back quickly, though.
After receiving the camera on Oct. 30th, it took them until the 14th of Nov. to order parts that were to be in on the 24th, no luck, now they say the parts should be in on the 28th. It needed something called a flash circuit. Oh well,
maria

11-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #293

sent mine out last week, still waiting for parts (lens release button)
11-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #294
Veteran Member

My k5iis returned to me yesterday. According to the included Final Repair Ticket, the front housing was replaced. Anyone know what part that is? I'm eager to avoid breaking the camera again if its at all possible.

I did some shooting with it yesterday afternoon and man am I ever rusty.
12-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #295
Veteran Member

Well, Precision has had my camera for nearly a month now and there was still no movement from the "Repair Delayed - Parts Ordered" status, so I called again this morning. It took three tries before Shirley (or Charlene?) answered. She checked for me and said the diaphragm control block is back ordered until Dec. 5. So, I guess I'm looking at another two weeks at least.
12-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #296

Well, Precision has had my camera for nearly a month now and there was still no movement from the "Repair Delayed - Parts Ordered" status, so I called again this morning. It took three tries before Shirley (or Charlene?) answered. She checked for me and said the diaphragm control block is back ordered until Dec. 5. So, I guess I'm looking at another two weeks at least.
I called as well today and first they said the parts were not in yet. I asked her to see if they could just replace it since it was only a couple of months old and for half that time they had it. She went to check and came back to say the parts were in after all and I should have the camera back in 5-7 working days. We'll see. I hope so, I love Pentax cameras, but sure think a lot less of Ricoh. If your camera is still under warranty maybe they can replace it, if they can't fix it. Good luck in any case.
maria
12-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #297
Pentaxian

The K-3 was just taken to UPS for the trip north. Thanks to all of you for your perseverance and after walking by the loading dock at the UPS service center I think everything must be going by air as a few flew off the conveyor at least 6-12 inches before making a 90 degree turn into the trailer. That insurance certainly seems like a necessity.
12-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mariakruse Quote
I called as well today and first they said the parts were not in yet. I asked her to see if they could just replace it since it was only a couple of months old and for half that time they had it. She went to check and came back to say the parts were in after all and I should have the camera back in 5-7 working days. We'll see. I hope so, I love Pentax cameras, but sure think a lot less of Ricoh. If your camera is still under warranty maybe they can replace it, if they can't fix it. Good luck in any case.
maria
Thanks! Well, I'm glad they found your part and hope you'll have it back soon!

My K-30 is under the extended warranty, but it's over two years old, so I doubt they would replace it unless something really major was wrong. I was glad to at least get another date to look forward to. Now I don't feel like I have to keep checking twice a day to see if the part is in. LOL
12-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #299

This is a comment from Ricohs forum @ Ricoh.com (repair services) witch u all should be reading also:

I concur.. And I did not mean to infer that Pentax sent me the loaner.. Because when I called to tell them I found it on my back porch after two days of rain and it would have been nice if someone let me know It was coming.. Nobody new who I was or what I was doing with a 645d loaner!
I wicked appreciated it because it saved my butt for two jobs but as far as I know it may have come from precision camera. The CEO John Malinosky said he was trying to get me one but that was the last I heard!
They wanted to know the serial number and all info.. Well I've been waiting since August 10th ish? They're gonna wait till I get mine back.
I'd like to assume they figured it out by now but they really aren't impressing me with their intelligence?
True story .. Believe it or not.. scary... At the time I paid $8000 for it they sent me another one and don't even know it!

Last edited by WallEye; 12-06-2014 at 10:31 AM.
12-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #300

If u really want to get somewhere?, these two got me a 645d loaner. Just mention attorney generals office!
I have no idea where the camera came from, and neither does Pentax but I got one! Precision camera received mine in the middle of August still no word. I wasn't going to put out this email address because I think they helped me but I'm getting very !%#xz! off! Wanted my camera back so I could sell it and buy the 645Z. By the time I get it back it will probably be worthless it's value has already been cut in half from $8000 to around $4000!
Here ya go.. Merry Christmas!! Hammer them! I still think it's Richos problem but this is the way I got to them.

JMalinosky@precisioncamera.com is the ceo. Of precision camera
GGristwood@precisioncamera.com I believe is Vice President