Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
07-31-2014, 11:53 PM   #91
HYS
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, this is just a toy. Playing on passing away technology.

08-01-2014, 02:30 AM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by HYS Quote
Maybe it is a toy but apparently it is profitable to the Ricoh. In my opinion this will be totally budget MILC with very competitive price.
08-01-2014, 02:41 AM - 1 Like   #93
Veteran Member

I bet that to most of us here on the forum our cameras are more like toys for our hobby, even though we pretentiously talk about "tools for our work".
08-01-2014, 03:09 AM   #94
HYS
Veteran Member

Well, I am maybe too rude here.
But I'd like to see Pentax (Ricoh) in the light of the new achievements. Certainly they are profitable, but for how long?

08-01-2014, 03:13 AM   #95
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I am maybe too rude here.
But I'd like to see Pentax (Ricoh) in the light of the new achievements. Certainly they are profitable, but for how long?
There are many different profitabilities.
Some one can cash on immediately. Some one may not cash on immediately, but are even more important.
08-01-2014, 04:33 AM - 2 Likes   #96
Banned

I don't understand why people keep complaining about the Q-system. It is around for 3 years now. With the Q, Q10 and the "less smaller sensored" Q7 it is a nice camera line. Not complete yet, so it needs some new things. Some extra lenses and at least one new body each year. So it sells and makes a profit and that is a good thing for Ricoh Imaging. Could it grow into something more luxurus? Well maybe, but I don't think people would buy some expensive camera like this one. The market is going into the less expensive direction for such fun camera's.
08-01-2014, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #97
Pentaxian

I just wish they would redesign de 5-15 to make it sharp at every FL.

08-01-2014, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #98
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I don't understand why people keep complaining about the Q-system. It is around for 3 years now. With the Q, Q10 and the "less smaller sensored" Q7 it is a nice camera line. Not complete yet, so it needs some new things. Some extra lenses and at least one new body each year. So it sells and makes a profit and that is a good thing for Ricoh Imaging. Could it grow into something more luxurus? Well maybe, but I don't think people would buy some expensive camera like this one. The market is going into the less expensive direction for such fun camera's.
Not to mention it is a fantastic 12mp 4.7X teleconverter for Pentax k-mount!
08-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #99
Veteran Member

So what if it is? If you don't like it then don't get one. Personally I miss my Q and am looking forward to getting a Q7 after this comes out and the Q7 price drops. It is a very fun camera to have around.
08-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe the dial on the right side is Ricoh's own homage to the past:

Pic from Die Cast Pro - RICOH Singlex TLS
08-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I agree and so does Ricoh. When the group of Q User Forum members had a conference call with Jim Malcolm last year he very directly told us Ricoh considers the Q System a growth driver. Ricoh is committed to Q now and for the future. They emphasize the capability of Q in such a small package rather than concentrating on the fun factor (which I think is self-evident).
08-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #102

My guess for the front button: A second shutter release for "S"elfie shots using the thumb. That position seems easier to press the shutter with a thumb. It also helps in holding the camera single-handedly. The Q system never fails to intrigue me.
08-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think it is an IR receiver. On the black model I see a matte finish.
Probably a clip on Grip.
08-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #104
Pentaxian

If they really put a button on such a prominent place & named the camera for so-called 'selfies', I'll have to consider myself hopelessly out of date & touch with modern times.

Then again, I don't understand the appeal of Twitter (or more to the point, Instagram) either.
08-01-2014, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
so what do you think that second wheel in the front is?
It is for the button cell which powers the light meter.