Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,711
Lightroom 5.6 released

Recently announced by Adobe is the release of Lightroom 5.6

It contains no new camera profiles for Pentax but does have the Nikon D810 and two from Panasonic. It does have a lens profile for the Pentax version of the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM

07-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,065
Has anybody seen any good full licence deals? (not the monthly lease deal)
07-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
The printer+lightroom+something else for 89 is in the deals section, req's a rebate.
07-31-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,097
Beat ya to it:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/2...ble-adobe.html


Steve

07-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,711
Original Poster
OK, you win
08-01-2014, 05:35 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,022
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It contains no new camera profiles for Pentax but does have the Nikon D810 and two from Panasonic. It does have a lens profile for the Pentax version of the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM
Indeed, still no profile for the DA20-40, and it does need one (esp at 20mm). And since I still haven't found time to make one myself, I'm still hoping at every release I won't have to... In the mean time the total time that I needed to correct individual images that needed correcting is probably getting close to the time I would have needed to create the profile when I first got the lens...

Wim
08-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member
mysterick's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 44266
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 428
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Has anybody seen any good full licence deals? (not the monthly lease deal)
Will stand alone licenses continue to be available? I'm not sure I like the subscription model!
08-03-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,711
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mysterick Quote
Will stand alone licenses continue to be available? I'm not sure I like the subscription model!
They have announced rather publicly that stand alone Lightroom will continue to be an option. I was no fan of the subscription model either, maybe just because it is new and different. But when they offered LR and PS for $10/month I converted. So far I've gotten my $10 worth every month.

Where we go in the future I do not know. I still have 2 stand alone LR licenses so those will never go away.

08-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #9
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,210
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
They have announced rather publicly that stand alone Lightroom will continue to be an option. I was no fan of the subscription model either, maybe just because it is new and different. But when they offered LR and PS for $10/month I converted. So far I've gotten my $10 worth every month.

Where we go in the future I do not know. I still have 2 stand alone LR licenses so those will never go away.
You are lucky. When I got the Suite via subscription a year and a half ago, it knocked out my stand alone CS3 and I have no clue where my codes are to reinstall it.
08-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
i_trax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,102
LR5.6 + Sigma 18-35 1.8

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Recently announced by Adobe is the release of Lightroom 5.6

It contains no new camera profiles for Pentax but does have the Nikon D810 and two from Panasonic. It does have a lens profile for the Pentax version of the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM
I updated to 5.6 , loaded some photos taken with K-3 + Sigma 18-35 1.8 and.......it is not in Lens Profiles options, I only have 2 Sigma DC's 4.5 + 18-200
how do you enable more profiles?
08-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #11
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,097
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
I updated to 5.6 , loaded some photos taken with K-3 + Sigma 18-35 1.8 and.......it is not in Lens Profiles options, I only have 2 Sigma DC's 4.5 + 18-200
how do you enable more profiles?
The lens profile for the Sigma 18-35/1.8 should be there (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.6\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\Sigma\Pentax\PENTAX (SIGMA 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM A013) - RAW.lcp), but not auto-detected on import. In the Develop module, scroll down the right pane to Lens Corrections section and click Profile. Click Enable Profile Corrections and choose Sigma from the drop-down for Make. The profile for the 18-35/1.4 should auto-fill.

I have a similar problem with the Sigma 17-70/2.8-4.0 (C). I would love to have it auto-detect on import, but so far the solution has eluded me.


Steve
08-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Miguel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Seattle
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,722
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I would love to have it auto-detect on import, but so far the solution has eluded me.
The easiest fix for me is to create a LR user preset based on the specific lens correction choice. In grid view I select all the images with that particular lens and apply the preset. Done.

M
08-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #13
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,097
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
The easiest fix for me is to create a LR user preset based on the specific lens correction choice. In grid view I select all the images with that particular lens and apply the preset. Done.

M
Does it get applied to the exif?


Steve
08-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #14
Pentaxian
Miguel's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Seattle
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,722
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does it get applied to the exif?
In my case I'm using the preset for the Tamron 150-600mm lens. It's already in the EXIF off the image, but it takes my prompting LR by choosing Tamron in the drop down. Then it automatically picks the right lens correction. So my preset automates all this.
I suspect that it works the same way for the Sigma 18-35 f1.8. I have read that there is sometimes something about third-party lenses not having standard lens ID codes which confuses LR. Sigma is known for repeating codes from older lenses.

Ugh.

M
08-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #15
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,711
Original Poster
Not sure if this helps but I just found that if LR does not automatically select a profile you can do this:
- Select the manufacturer, if the profile is present it will be selected, but be careful because if the profile is not present it will sometimes select the closest it can find
- Click on the "Setup" field double arrow and select "Save new lens profile defaults".

Now all images that have that particular lens code in the EXIF get the profile you selected applied by default.

There is no profile for the F 50mm macro so when I did this LR selected the profile for the DFA 50mm macro. I then set that as the default and all images taken with the F 50mm macro now have that profile applied.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
lightroom, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lightroom 5.5 released jatrax Pentax News and Rumors 67 07-21-2014 06:31 AM
Adobe Lightroom 5.3 released with K-3 support klkitchens Pentax K-3 21 12-19-2013 09:43 PM
Lightroom 5.3 released w K-3 support, other fixes rawr Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 14 12-15-2013 10:55 AM
Lightroom 5 released jatrax Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 63 06-27-2013 12:27 PM
Lightroom 4 now or wait a few months till 5 is released? MD Optofonik Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 5 05-14-2013 11:38 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top