Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mitch34 Quote
For those interested with the Service Manual of Samsung GX-10. it can be found also on the web (info found on the same french forum thanks to them:
Pentax K10D - K20D

Manual presents all the steps to adjust SR/AF etc.
Very technical and requires a lot of equipment and software that we do not have...
So if you really want to have a look at it google : dscservicemanual
cheers,
Any hint where we might find this file or link. Je nais parle pas francais.

05-23-2008, 06:36 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Rickster Quote
Any hint where we might find this file or link. Je nais parle pas francais.
I got my copy from - rarWebWorks Photography
05-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
Forum Member

could someone please explain to me how to use this program after it's installed in your camera? what are all the different options and the numbers 0-5? Also, in AF adjust, negative number is to correct backfocus and positive number is to correct front focus? How do you store these settings after? TIA
05-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I just did it for my 77Ltd, it has back focus, I added 120um ( + 120um) and it is spot on, once u done input that u can just quit out from the menu and it will save it in the camera, for only that lens., the 0 to 5 should be different lens profile where u can save up to 5 lens.

05-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #20
Forum Member

thanks, so i dont need to mess with anything else but the AF test, and for each lens i adjust, it'll automatically save the settings for that lens?
05-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

That is correct.

Also want to say Thank you to whoever create this program and people who post it online. Because I have to use the 77ltd the night I got it for my friend's wedding dinner, so I was unable to just return the lens, this program has saved my skin

Last edited by vizjerei; 05-28-2008 at 06:05 PM.
05-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #22

debug

why pay for a camera with issues? humm think... I don't think so.. the soft ware works, the cable to pc works, humm.. why slander the K10D?... Pentax finally came out with something kool then some one who doesn't know how to work there camera start this debug crap...BS

05-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #23
Forum Member

is there some sequence i need to follow to keep the adjustments saved for each lens? Do i need to disable and reenable the debug mode each time to validate the adjustment for the lens for the settings not to be carried on to the next? the same adjustments i'm making seems to be applied to every lens i mount on the camera.
05-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CagomoC Quote
why pay for a camera with issues? humm think... I don't think so.. the soft ware works, the cable to pc works, humm.. why slander the K10D?... Pentax finally came out with something kool then some one who doesn't know how to work there camera start this debug crap...BS
Hmm My camera works, it is the lens that has backfocus issue. Don't think I have slander K10D at all. This debug mode saved me at least 2 weeks time for sending the lens and camera back to Pentax.

And Focusing problem happen to all other brand, it is not only Pentax. Just that we now can go in and adjust it ourselves can save us time and able to go out and shoot with simple adjustment, which I am thankful for. It is great that your copy of K10D or your lens are problem free, but doesn't mean other ppl won't have problem. If someone is willing to spend time to create program allow us to do that and make our tool better, why not?
05-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
the 0 to 5 should be different lens profile where u can save up to 5 lens.
Where do you see a 0 to 5 option for the K10 Debug? I'm at work so I can't look the menu myself. However I do remember a 0 to 3 option (I believe, but may be 0 to 4) for AF Area Test

According to the site I linked to above
QuoteOriginally posted by rarwebworks:
The upper highlighted area is called AF Area Test, and has a default value of 0. Just leave it there (there are 4 options here that select which auto-fucus sensors are used for the test).
So if this is what you were referencing, it is not for lens profiles. Because we can't store individual lens profiles, I believe, one may have to constantly tweak the settings for different lenses. For the two lenses I use, they were both off by the same margin so I do not have to tweak the settings anymore (Camera issue). I set it to -140 to fix my front focusing issue and closed the debug menu. Picture focus is now better than ever, and it may be my imagination, but my camera seems to also focus quicker than it used to.

~Matthew
05-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I wonder what is that "Capture/System Test" with 1 to 4 item do...
05-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
I wonder what is that "Capture/System Test" with 1 to 4 item do...
I'm not sure but check out this thread on dpreview. The OP has a theory that the test 1-4 in the camera has something to do with the vertical and horizontal sensor data. BTW, this is the 1.1 firmware with the debug menu that Pentax removed in 1.3. So I'm not sure if the debug test 0-4 (or is it 0-3?) is the same as the software posted above. Since I have only used the debug menu (and still do) I can't vouch for the software above.

It is interesting though...
Debug mode AF area test explained!: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM   #28
Veteran Member

That's the AF Area Test in AF Test menu you were talking about, not the "Captre/System Test" which at the Root of Debug Menu.
05-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #29

oh, my bad. sorry Hmm, I will have to look at the root debug menu and see if I can find this Captre/System Test
01-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is the only way to access this program by hooking up the camera to the computer with a USB cable?