Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 111 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #1096
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, it was the MD-S digital project that killed it. The MZ-S were derived from the cancelled digital project, that incidentally costed $20 million, probably in order to get some return from the project.
As I remember it, many of the engineers thought the whole project madness and they were very dissapointed by the cancellation of the MZ-1 project. On the other hand, it would have been rather late to the film DSLR market on the eve of digital.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
645z, ad, camera, cameras, canon, display, dslr, evf, features, ff, film, full-frame, glass, lens, lenses, market, mirror, mirrorless, money, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, results, sensor, time, value, vs