Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Except also DA*200 and DA*300 which are dual AF.
Holy c**p, of course, you're right LOL

So the list is:
* 16-50
* 50-135
* 60-250

And in another thread (I think) someone mentioned it: indeed the 200 and 300 were originally depicted as DFAs lenses in an (official) roadmap.

08-19-2014, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #167
mee
Veteran Member

My official questions for Pentax representatives are as follows...

* Will you ever get Tether support for Adobe Lightroom and Dxolabs software?
* Are you working on a flash system upgrade?
* Can we expect to see any brand new Full Frame lenses in the next 12 months?
* How does one use the 3 seashells in the bathroom?

This is all..
08-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
My official questions for Pentax representatives are as follows...

* Will you ever get Tether support for Adobe Lightroom and Dxolabs software?
* Are you working on a flash system upgrade?
* Can we expect to see any brand new Full Frame lenses in the next 12 months?
* How does one use the 3 seashells in the bathroom?

This is all..
I'll make this easy:

* Can't confirm, but maybe in an upcoming body
* Can't confirm, but probably not
* Can't confirm, but ask again in 53 weeks
* Did you get them from Suzy?
08-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #169
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'll make this easy:

* Can't confirm, but maybe in an upcoming body
* Can't confirm, but probably not
* Can't confirm, but ask again in 53 weeks
* Did you get them from Suzy?
Since when did you get a job at Ricoh?

And, no, they are in all of the bathrooms of the future..

08-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Since when did you get a job at Ricoh?

And, no, they are in all of the bathrooms of the future..

Who needs a job when they are so predictable lol
08-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #171
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Who needs a job when they are so predictable lol
Hah that is what YOU think. And just when you think that, they will turn the tables on you and actually answer questions straight forward.
08-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #172

1) When will you upgrade to a faster / more reliable AF motor system for DA* lenses? Nikon and Canon have Ultrasonic motors that are faster and more durable in their kit lenses.

2) Would you consider a partnership with Sigma for their Global Vision Lenses? I would love the Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 Sport in a K mount.

08-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #173
Veteran Member

Q-S1. . .K-S1

There's some branding strategy here. As these are both really lateral cameras. . .not upgrades. They're just repackaged existing models. I'd like to know what Ricoh's trying to state with this. Does this mean the existing models are Hoya legacy products? Are we to see new iterations of all the products at some point?
08-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #174
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Q-S1. . .K-S1
There's some branding strategy here. As these are both really lateral cameras. . .not upgrades. ..
K-S1 is a new level camera. It is not an upgrade, and I am not sure if it's a lateral offer.
It has a new sensor, new processor, lot's of new things in it. I say a new category.
08-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #175
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Q-S1. . .K-S1

There's some branding strategy here. As these are both really lateral cameras. . .not upgrades. They're just repackaged existing models. I'd like to know what Ricoh's trying to state with this. Does this mean the existing models are Hoya legacy products? Are we to see new iterations of all the products at some point?
Huh? It's smaller than any current camera, has a higher MP sensor than any current camera, and doesn't have an AA filter.

It's not the camera for me but honestly it's likely the most 'new' camera that Pentax has put out for a LONG time. Recall that even the K-5 was 'just' a re-sensor'd K-7.
08-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Huh? It's smaller than any current camera, has a higher MP sensor than any current camera, and doesn't have an AA filter.

It's not the camera for me but honestly it's likely the most 'new' camera that Pentax has put out for a LONG time. Recall that even the K-5 was 'just' a re-sensor'd K-7.
Yet many think the K-7 is a disguised K20D and the K-5 a real new camera (at the time). Go figure.
08-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #177
Pentaxian

I think all these "K-7 is a repackaged K20d" and "K-5 is just a slightly modified K-7" complaints all come down to basically the same phenomenon.

When Honda brings out a new Civic or Accord, do people mope and complain that "it still has only four wheels" or "dang, steering wheel right in front of the driver, just like the old one"?

DSLR cameras, like cars, are pretty well understood and optimized at this point. I don't think we can rightfully expect paradigm shifts or massive innovations on every single new model. Sometimes we're gonna get some new curves and different paint colors, and that's about it. And the improvements will be in the margins -- a few more megapixels, a faster processor, the AA filter simulator, etc.

It's still a new model though. Smells nice. Looks shiny.

Remember what happened when Pentax tried an essentially new form factor with the K-01. That went over really well, didn't it?
08-28-2014, 07:16 PM   #178
Veteran Member

These questions are simply the biggest waste of time? please do understand how Japanese company work.
08-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #179
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
These questions are simply the biggest waste of time? please do understand how Japanese company work.
Well, some people don't give a damn and just whine because if there's one trendy thing on the internet it is whining.
That's from the start and probably till the end.
08-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #180
Veteran Member

1) So, what is the latest kawaii trend in Japan now?
2) Would pentax ricoh be launching a new camera accordingly? E.g. Hello Kitty version?
3) With regards to future lens line-up, could users get a pinhole bodycap for APSC? Perhaps a 10mm f/16 please? It'll be uber thin and awesomely useful for field photography, especially with the amazing high-iso capabilities of 51,200 and great DR!