Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #211

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've read 5 pages of this thread and all I see are jokes / people making fun of Pentax for not having a full frame. So I think this is probably the route that we'll take in this year's interview.
You could mention being tired of having to use a D800 as reference to compare image quality, and how they feel about the lot of users that had to go multi-systems...

I'd like to have them be asked the following:
* Do they regret not going for FF before? 2010~2012 is often labeled as the golden timeframe
* Do the R&D team have fun with the FF prototypes, be it body or lenses?
* DA "compatible" lenses: obviously no guarantees, is it silly to get a DA*55 and hope to use it as a normal lens a day?

Another silly/provocative one:
* Advice: I want to get a FF system, which one should I get?

09-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #212
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mazhe Quote
Low kick:

"Are you considering possibility to produce FF camera as a rebaged Sony A7 camera, similar to Hasselblad?"
09-02-2014, 01:49 AM - 2 Likes   #213
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bit of advice - don't waste your time asking about products that haven't been announced - and try to come across as something other than a typically juvenile forum member.
09-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #214
Pentaxian

Don't be surprise if they throw you a 645z,

09-02-2014, 02:15 AM - 2 Likes   #215
Pentaxian

I guess we can best summarize this thread to:
"Dear Pentax,
We hate you. Why don't you have a FF already?
Please die; but first, here's a list of things you should make."
09-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #216
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jyrkira Quote
1. It would be really nice to use FA limiteds on Pentax ff body, wouldn´t it ?
I mentioned this to a Ricoh rep the other day. The 43mm on my MZ-S was the only lens I needed, but on a cropped sensor it's a useless 65mm. When they launched the 43, they went on about how it was the "ideal" focal length... If they believe that, why is there no fast 29mm DA Limited for crop sensors? The only reason I still have the 43 is in the hope it will one day live its full life again on a FF body. Yes a FF body will be big - fine, I have m43 for when size matters.
09-02-2014, 02:58 AM - 1 Like   #217
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I guess we can best summarize this thread to:
"Dear Pentax,
We hate you. Why don't you have a FF already?
Please die; but first, here's a list of things you should make."
Don't be silly — people don't hate Pentax.
Those who ask for an FF only wonder in perpetual dismay why on Earth a company that has virtually created global 35mm market does not finally commit, and deliver a 35mm camera with a digital sensor in it. It is even more bewildering now, when Ricoh has rewritten the history of Pentax and stated all achievements before 2011 were — pragmatically speaking — theirs.
Technically speaking, it's a piece of cake for a brain trust like Pentax to make an FF. Yet never was a direct, honest, comprehensive and logical answer given to that question of no commitment, so the matter is still open for debate. If it appears people "hate Pentax for that", it is not people's fault, but the problem with Ricoh Imaging's marketing.
All perceptions about a brand are the result of the work of its marketing — and that is the lesson number one a student of marketing learns. The lesson number two states "look at the lesson number one".

Last edited by Uluru; 09-02-2014 at 03:04 AM.
09-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #218

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Don't be surprise if they throw you a 645z,
I'd catch it, and run with it

More seriously, I'd hope they would not even dare to try this "645z is the pentax FF" argument, and interviewers should not allow them to go into that direction : it is a superb product, but it is in its own class of size/weight/price.
09-02-2014, 04:33 AM   #219
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Don't be silly — people don't hate Pentax.
They don't? Are you sure about this?
Insults, mockery, claims that they're incompetents and "I have the perfect play, you're so stupid for not implementing it" - are things so often seen on this Pentaxforums. You might want to put all blame on Pentax, but it's something that we're doing. Pentaxians trying to hurt their brand.

P.S. Yet there are also people I love "listening" and talking to, whose opinions - perhaps similar, perhaps different than mine - I value.

Last edited by Kunzite; 09-02-2014 at 05:17 AM.
09-02-2014, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #220
Pentaxian

(...)
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Don't be surprised if they throw you a 645z,
Pentax 64Z has a cropped sensor (1.27x): it's the 'APS-H of 645' .
09-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #221
Pentaxian

But when you're showing them some silly A7x, they can have their "that's not a camera; THIS is a camera!" moment
09-02-2014, 06:23 AM   #222
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
But when you're showing them some silly A7x, they can have their "that's not a camera; THIS is a camera!" moment
May I understand that you've become optimistic about and FF Pentax at Photokina?
09-02-2014, 06:34 AM - 1 Like   #223
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
May I understand that you've become optimistic about and FF Pentax at Photokina?
I think he just means that if you pull out an A7, they can pull out a 645z... Like this:

09-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #224
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
See Doundounba's post.
I have no reasons to suspect a Pentax FF launch at Photokina (since you asked).
09-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #225
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Technically speaking, it's a piece of cake for a brain trust like Pentax to make an FF. Yet never was a direct, honest, comprehensive and logical answer given to that question of no commitment, so the matter is still open for debate. If it appears people "hate Pentax for that", it is not people's fault, but the problem with Ricoh Imaging's marketing.
This reminds me of the time when on the Pentax Yahoo Group people kept wondering why Pentax did not produce a top quality AF camera on par with the LX. And even when the MZS came, it was not a true Eos V1 competitor, and people continued to affirm that a true AF LX was behind the corner. All while Pentax clearly stated that for professional needs, their products were 67 and 645.