Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
That would be pointless too. They'll simply say they are studying the menu.

The best thing would be to go Zen and hold a no-interview interview. Just a microphone in a empty room, recording the wind on the window panes.
Unfortunately the Zen interviewee would likely smash a prototype and say nothing.

08-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Just a microphone in a empty room, recording the wind on the window panes. ...
You'd have a higher probability of recording EVPs from disembodied spirits from 100 years ago.
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Unfortunately the Zen interviewee would likely smash a prototype and say nothing.
Lol ... bowing deeply before and after. My kind of interview.
08-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #49
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
You have summed it up better than anyone in this thread. All questions are totally pointless.
Better is to discuss Japanese fine food and wine market.
OK.. but I still want to know if the Weather Seals on the K-5 II are rated for Peanut Butter.

08-12-2014, 04:25 PM - 3 Likes   #50
Veteran Member

Tell them you wanted to ask them many questions, but you are still thinking about them so they will just have to keep waiting maybe next year who knows
08-12-2014, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Tell them you wanted to ask them many questions, but you are still thinking about them so they will just have to keep waiting maybe next year who knows
"We are definitely going to ask you a question in the future. It will be a large question, but unlike any other questions any other interviewers have asked. Asking questions is important, we understand that."
08-12-2014, 06:05 PM - 2 Likes   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ask where the bar juggling girl is.

08-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
1) During International Women's day 2015, can you make sure that the marketing folks don't associate point and shoots or colored cameras with women?
If that is unavoidable, then please off-set that stereotype with serious women photographers?

2) What other Pentax accessories is Ricoh planning to bring back?
Cold Weather External battery packs?
Pentax extension tubes?
Right Angle Viewfinders?
Monocular K Converter?
Maybe a new run on viewfinder diopters in the -5 range since we Pentaxians are getting old?

3) How about redesigning the lens caps and body caps to incorporate WR sealing.
08-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #54
mee
Veteran Member

Is this a serious list of questions now? I mean, do we have someone that will be taking these questions and actually interviewing someone of merit?
08-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Is this a serious list of questions now? I mean, do we have someone that will be taking these questions and actually interviewing someone of merit?
But of course! If everyone chips in I'm sure we could get you over there in front of the Ricoh execs with your peanut butter jar.

But you may be the one answering questions.......
08-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #56
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
But of course! If everyone chips in I'm sure we could get you over there in front of the Ricoh execs with your peanut butter jar.

But you may be the one answering questions.......
This is true.. it is quite difficult to talk with peanut butter in your mouth.. esp with crackers.. just forget about it!

However, I don't think you want me answering questions... as you see my own question asked 'someone with merit' haha I have none here.

If you want me to say you're getting a FF digital Pentax K mount camera next month, then sure I'll say you are.. it is coming in 31 flavors.. it has a 128 MegaPixel Sensor and an AF system capable of anticipating action before it occurs and focusing in that spot ahead of time. Also it comes with an EOVF (take your pick) and half of the sensor is covered by the mirror and other half is flapping in the breeze... It is the Pentax camera to please everyone and no one -- simultaneously!

Now.. back to reality.. Do we have someone from Ricoh/Pentax taking questions this time around at Photokina?
08-12-2014, 11:55 PM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

Did anyone of you guys believe there would be official Ricoh representatives there in Germany ?

Or only a "pinup team" to serve coffee and discuss the last colours of WG / Q / K-3 series ?
08-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #58
Pentaxian

how about another bartender that will serve beer?
08-13-2014, 12:45 AM   #59
Pentaxian

Yes, plus for sure selfdefence weapons under the shelter.
08-13-2014, 12:48 AM - 1 Like   #60
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would really like to see their next WR camera kit come with a very basic 50mm WR prime or at least the option of one vs an 18-55mm zoom. If Sigma can make gorgeous primes for M43 for less than $200 I don't see why Pentax-Ricoh can't offer us an entry level, preferably WR prime that we can actually afford to buy. Nothing against the 18-55 but almost every cheaper WR lens they make is a zoom. I really would love to see that a cheaper WR 50mm at least. I could deal with being plastic so long as it's WR and a normal prime, one that doesn't cost a freaking fortune to own. I want a basic AF 50mm WR prime for my K-30 so badly but the closest I can get that I can afford isn't WR. I have the two cheaper WR zooms but what would really make my WR kit perfect is a simple, not so expensive prime alternative for my K-30 that doesn't cost more than the camera did!