Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax forum questions for Ricoh at Photokina

Not sure if this has been started yet so I will start with -
#1 (You know what this will be so I thought get it out of the way first)

08-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ak_kiwi Quote
Not sure if this has been started yet so I will start with -
#1 (You know what this will be so I thought get it out of the way first)
#2 Don't you think "the project is ongoing" has grown a little tiresome? Do you have some more solid information you could provide?
08-11-2014, 07:00 PM - 6 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try to have an entire interview WITHOUT MENTIONING FULL FRAME AT ALL.

Just to see whether their heads explode or something.
08-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #4
Veteran Member

#3. Well, who CAN give us information about it?

08-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Try to have an entire interview WITHOUT MENTIONING FULL FRAME AT ALL.

Just to see whether their heads explode or something.
None of the suggested questions have mentioned FF...what are you talking about

---------- Post added 08-12-14 at 12:30 PM ----------

#4 OK, well thanks anyway. We'll see you in two more years?
08-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

#5. Is MF more important to Ricoh than FF and if so, why?
08-11-2014, 07:39 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Veteran Member

#5 Do you think your next owners will greenlight the project?

Edit: D'oh!

08-11-2014, 07:43 PM - 9 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

1) It is no secret that the strength of any photographic system lies not with the camera bodies but more importantly in the lenses. What is your current vision regarding "Pentax" as a collection of systems (aka different mounts)?

2) What infrastructure development has Ricoh invested in and is planning to invest in to meet the increased production demands of late and projected demands?

3) It has been officially stated before that Ricoh plans to not only be a competitor in the global imaging industry, but the competitor. Ricoh Imaging makes fantastic products, however a unanimous complaint of the Ricoh/Pentax userbase is that no one knows about them except us. What plans do you have to catalyze increased brand recognition with Ricoh Imaging products?

4) With the 645Z and the K-3, you have done a phenomenal job of building on Pentax's legacy of class-leading products that can also keep up amid Mother Nature's wrath. With an increasing global market and prioritization of adventure sports, activities, and lifestyles -- all of whom require being in the outdoors, a place that lends itself to Pentax's forte and apparent monopoly among DSLR's -- what are your plans to catalyze marketing initiatives and partnerships in conjunction with outdoor groups, clubs, retailers, etc.?

5) There are deeply entrenched perceptions among your user base that the Japanese market is all that Ricoh seems to care about, with the rest of the world a mere after thought. One clear example of this was the scarce availability of 645 system lenses because, until very recently, they were completely unavailable outside of Japan. What have you done to place a greater imperative on not only critical markets such as USA and Europe, but emerging markets with high densities of rising wealth, namely Brazil, India, and China?

6) What are you doing to go all Armageddon and sh!t against the imminent Ricohpocalypse? Cuz, like.....PentaxisDoomed bro.

-Heie
08-11-2014, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
1) When is full-frame coming out?

2) Is it now? Right now?

3) Well can I see the prototype?

4) What if I promise not to tell ANYBODY?

5) What if I gave you this shiny penny?

6) Well I guess then Pentax is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED????

-Heie
FTFY, Heie.
08-11-2014, 07:59 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

How about "why does everyone comment 'this isn't a full frame' every time we post about a Pentax product announcement?" and "are there plans to address this".

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any plans for new leaf shutter lenses for the 645 system to compensate for the slow max sync speed? What about for the K mount? <Was a similar question asked last year?>

Any plans for Tilt/Shift lenses for either system?
08-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
Pentaxian

How many DA*300's were sold as a result of the TC?

Describe your vision of a Pentax wildlife/outdoors photographer.
08-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

When is the fruit roll-up dispenser tray for the dbg4 and dbg5 going to be released?

Are the weather seals on the K-5 II rated for peanut butter?

How many random threads did you anticipate being created on the Pentax Forums by people with little to say and a lot to type?
08-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #14
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How about asking what their rationale is for deciding which features are included in which lens? I mean, why did the 55-300 get WR but not DC? It seems really random. You could lead up to asking about mysterious 70-200 on the roadmap.

I think grilling them about things they aren't ready to announce is counterproductive. One question and then move on to what they can talk about.
08-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

Oh, yes, one more question I almost forgot.. *ahem*

When are you dropping the K mount for F mount on your dSLR products?