Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #61
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote

1. Are they planning the K-3 Titanium version? If not then why not?
2. What about the ostrich leather trim version of the K-3?
3. If Titanium is not planned, what about black special edition K-3 with Rhodium accents?
4. Did they consider trying more lively colour schemes for the K-3? White-Powder blue would be very nice: fashion meets ultimate fire-power.
5. What about camouflage pattern body for the K-3? And camouflage pattern socks for all lenses .. well, not for DA40 if it's too hard.
6. Pop-art K-3 skin and pop-art lens socks?
7. Plush additions for all K-mount cameras: rabbit ears, koala ears, smiley versions of the lens caps?
Thanks Uluru...that gave me a great laugh

---------- Post added 08-13-14 at 05:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
If you want an answer with substance, try asking a question like, "I really gotta pee. Where's the bathroom?"
They'd probably still say "we're working on it"

08-13-2014, 02:05 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Did anyone of you guys believe there would be official Ricoh representatives there in Germany ?
That's for certain.

Regarding the "Pentax forum questions"... been there, done that:
CP+ 2014 Interview with Pentax in Japan - CP+ 2014
I would rather give Adam free hand in this (than sending him with a list of specific questions), perhaps we can find out more by listening than by asking.
08-13-2014, 03:03 AM   #63
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's for certain.

I would rather give Adam free hand in this (than sending him with a list of specific questions), perhaps we can find out more by listening than by asking.
They are not very talkative. I agree listening is a good approach but how to entice them to start talking?
08-13-2014, 03:12 AM   #64
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
That's for certain.

Yes indeed. I think Adam knows that and this list is indicative for things that matther to us. So maybe he will remember to ask about the FF all by him self.

08-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #65
Pentaxian

I think it is better not to ask them any, just let them speak as if Ricoh is Darth Vader talking to his stormptroopers
08-13-2014, 05:01 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
They are not very talkative. I agree listening is a good approach but how to entice them to start talking?
May I suggest Kölsch?
08-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #67
Pentaxian

I agree that Adam if he is to service - and many thanks in advance to him for this difficult job - could let them explain their strategy and their future product lines.
Just open questions, and good luck if we get better answers than last time ...
Maybe also remind them all the ambitious declarations that were made in the follow-up of the merger, J. Malcolm first ...

08-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I own an invisible K-3. Is it OK to tell the rest of the world yet?

edit: You guys realize, I hope, that their answer to all questions you might ask will be some form of "We're working on it," or "We're considering it." If you want an answer with substance, try asking a question like, "I really gotta pee. Where's the bathroom?"
Yes indeed. Last time I've reed the interview with Ricoh representative, was a waist of time. So, what's the point of new questions?
08-13-2014, 12:40 PM   #69
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Yes indeed. Last time I've reed the interview with Ricoh representative, was a waist of time. So, what's the point of new questions?
wow I spended a good day on interviewing them in januari. Nice to see that you enjoyed it
08-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
wow I spended a good day on interviewing them in januari. Nice to see that you enjoyed it
Sorry, but that's what I've felt. And it's not your fault that they say almost nothing
08-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Why is everybody building hybrids into higher end DSLRs? It seems that a great DSLR should be just that, and a good video camera should be just that. Why buy sub-optimal tradeoffs? Consumers' market XG1, X5, EVFs OK, Lumix compacts (genre) yup. K-3? D810? what a waste of chips and stuff. Gimme better glass.
08-13-2014, 12:58 PM - 2 Likes   #72
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Sorry, but that's what I've felt. And it's not your fault that they say almost nothing
Well I think more people have that feeling from time to time. For some part it is maybe the difference between Japanese companyculture and our Western impatients being.
08-14-2014, 07:27 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well I think more people have that feeling from time to time. For some part it is maybe the difference between Japanese companyculture and our Western impatients being.
I think that is part of it for sure. Forty years ago major Japanese companies were working very hard to learn about American consumers and they did very well. Maybe still inside their corporation there is still a rigid business structure but they know how to listen and find out what the consumer wants. I just wonder if its more an issue of office copy machine executives trying to sell cameras to individual consumers??
08-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #74
Pentaxian

Questions? Questions again?
The questions have always added to nothing as an answer.

I think its time to bring across hard facts and demands.
08-15-2014, 06:42 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would be very interested to audit an interview given to a Japanese Pentax camera Forum just to know the interests of enthusiast photographers in the home market and to hear the Ricoh responses to their questions.