Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2014, 01:43 PM - 1 Like   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
2) Would pentax ricoh be launching a new camera accordingly? E.g. Hello Kitty version?
My girlfriend would go crazy for a Hello Kitty version of the K-50. She'd probably trade her black K-50 in a heartbeat.

08-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
3) With regards to future lens line-up, could users get a pinhole bodycap for APSC? Perhaps a 10mm f/16 please? It'll be uber thin and awesomely useful for field photography, especially with the amazing high-iso capabilities of 51,200 and great DR!
I'll take a DA40 over that any day.
08-30-2014, 04:19 PM - 1 Like   #183
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I would rather give Adam free hand in this (than sending him with a list of specific questions), perhaps we can find out more by listening than by asking.
I've read 5 pages of this thread and all I see are jokes / people making fun of Pentax for not having a full frame. So I think this is probably the route that we'll take in this year's interview.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #184
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I've read 5 pages of this thread and all I see are jokes / people making fun of Pentax for not having a full frame. So I think this is probably the route that we'll take in this year's interview.

You could bring your D810 with Pentax taped to the front over the Nikon logo. But that might not get you invited back for interviews ever again..

08-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #185
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
You could bring your D810 with Pentax taped to the front over the Nikon logo. But that might not get you invited back for interviews ever again..
We used a rebel to video tape the last one- they didn't mind

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-31-2014, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #186

- The pentaxforums' review of the K-3 critisizes "Cycling through screens in playback mode is tedious" - a pop-up menu appears instead of the old method, cycling through screens by repeatedly pressing the info button.
This is slower and brings no apparent benefit. Will you bring the option to revert this?

- The K-3 offers 100% zoom in playback mode now (which is useful for quickly checking correct focus), but it zooms in on the center of the image, and you have to scroll for finding the point of focus. Will you bring the option to zoom in on the AF point that was used?

- Is there a procedure inside Ricoh Imaging that allows for consideration of changing little ergonomic problems like the 2 mentioned via firmware update after the camera has been released? How does it work, where do you get your input? Have you heard of Adobe's "Just do it"-program of quickly implementing small features requested directly by users, and do you think something similar would be a good idea for Pentax?

Last edited by Alcazar; 08-31-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: my bad english :-)
09-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #187
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We used a rebel to video tape the last one- they didn't mind
Gosh, this is real provocation...
But i am affraid they didn't even ask you why
Please this time, would you be so kind as to show them a video-working Sony A7 ?

09-01-2014, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #188
Pentaxian

1. Will Pentax use hardware-based image stabilisation for video again in the future? If not, why not?
  2. Does Pentax still strive to release a full frame camera that is unique in some aspect? If so, has progress been made in developing such a unique feature?
  3. Will Pentax focus on small, relatively slow lenses, or is there a chance to see a lens like a 85mm for/1.4 again in the future?
  4. Will Pentax continue to produce DSLRs even when the market for DSLRs will become rather small? In other words, will Pentax always be there for photographers who want to use optical viewfinders?
  5. Will Pentax produce cameras with AA-filters again? The AA-filter simulator stops working for high shutter speeds so it is not a complete replacement of a proper AA-filter.
  6. Will future battery grips feature the same button layout like the camera (as was the case with the D-BG4)? Doesn't Pentax agree that the D-BG5 is suboptimal in terms of ergonomics due to the need to know whether you are pressing buttons on the grip or the camera?
09-01-2014, 05:59 AM   #189
Banned

1.When will be release date of a new Pentax digital FF camera?
2.Will it be K mount or completely new mount?
3.In case of new mount will it have AF adapter for K mount lenses?
4.Are you planing to release new FF lenses together with a new FF camera and which one?
5.With which 3rd party manufacturers you have agreement to support new FF camera?
6.Is there anything you want to say to us regarding any other FF or possibly non-FF product?

Last edited by banep; 01-30-2015 at 03:14 AM.
09-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #190
Veteran Member

1. Is Ricoh planning on releasing a GXR II ?
2. If so wiil they be releasing a 20 or 24 megapixel K mount module for it?
3. Are they planning to improve the auto focus of their DSLR's by making the auto focus points smaller and having them spread out over the entire focus area?
09-01-2014, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #191
Veteran Member

I did not have time to read the whole thread so please excuse me in advance whether this post is redundant.
What about macro gear ? Lens available in pentax are 35, 50 and 100.
Tamron 90 is still K mount compliant, but sigma recently stopped delivering 70, and new releases including OS of 105, 150 and 180 are forbidden to pentax users.
Any plan to produce AT LAST a longer macro lens (FA* 200 possible revival?) or push right button so that 150/180 from sigma would be made available?
09-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #192
Veteran Member

One question that I haven't seen added yet:

- Could you explain the logic behind the new naming scheme? And how this matches past and future models and the road map.

It's more of a general question, but it should enable them to position the K-S1 in a larger offering, giving some idea where they have identified openings above (and below?) the two ..-S1 models (and the WG-M1??). It's clearly a naming scheme with a plan behind it, so if not revealed explicitely by Photokina, I think it will be worth the effort probing a bit during the interview...

Wim
09-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #193

1. It would be really nice to use FA limiteds on Pentax ff body, wouldn´t it ?

2. Increasing number of Pentax users are moving to other systems due the lack of Pentax ff body. Do you not worry about it ?

Last edited by Jyrkira; 09-02-2014 at 02:04 AM.
09-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #194
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A good way to tease out some info about the supposed WG-M1 would probably be to ask if they have any plans on making a waterproof compact or ILC with a slightly larger sensor to compete with the Nikon AW1.
09-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #195
Pentaxian

I don't know if this has been posted yet.. didn't read all the pages.

Will they put Ricoh on the back of the next flagship Pentax camera? If so, why?
Why so little presence in the US? No Pentax DSLRs in Best Buy, Target, Costco.. No Advertising.

Last edited by Tesla; 09-01-2014 at 10:55 AM.