Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 88 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If a hinged LCD is appropriate for a 645Z, why is it not included on the K-3 at least (the flagship APSc camera) and preferably the K-S1 as well?

09-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If a hinged LCD is appropriate for a 645Z, why is it not included on the K-3 at least (the flagship APSc camera) and preferably the K-S1 as well?
Absolutely.
At first, I'd have thought they'd put such a screen on K-S1 and K-3. Not 645Z.
09-01-2014, 10:40 AM   #198
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Absolutely.
Maybe the full frame Pentax will have it.
09-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Absolutely.
If you think about it, a hinged screen is really for tripod and low level work. It is the modern version of the analog refconverter when used in LiveView. That's why the 645Z has it, so why shouldn't the flagship APSc?

It isn't for selfies and arms-above-the-head-in-crowds work (though that's how people use them these days).

09-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Maybe the full frame Pentax will have it.
I certainly hope so.
09-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #201
Pentaxian

It isn't for selfies and arms-above-the-head-in-crowds work (though that's how people use them these days).
Crap. I really thought my selfies would have been improved with a huge 50 megapickles sensor.
I'll get a Hassy
09-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Crap. I really thought my selfies would have been improved with a huge 50 megapickles sensor.
I'll get a Hassy
Well I have heard from a user who took his own selfies in Paris (with a Sony something) to avoid the guy who offers to take your picture in front of the Eiffel Tower and dashes off with your camera.

I guess I'm just old. My wife and I were content to alternate the actual documentation of our family travels. We were rarely all five in a photograph unless her mother was also on that vacation.

09-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #203
Pentaxian

You're not old (well maybe you are, hehe) you're just doing things the old way.
People look from my photography school at me like I'm an extraterrestrial being 'cos I have no full frame, not even a Canikon, most of the time I use analog and when I can 4x5 (no, I'm not even 35).
In fact it suits me very well. Banality is for the others. Let's them be.

Oh and my smartphone actually helps my photography a lot:
http://www.digitaltruth.com/apps/mdc/
09-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #204
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

you're just doing things the old way.
I guess the question is (and maybe something can be developed for the Photokina interview from this line of thinking) is doing things the old way being stubborn and resistant to change or is it consistent with a camera company that seems to design cameras with a traditional function set (and maybe a modern, snappy visual design)? Is thre a fatal contradiction in those two ideas? Is there a valid, artistic reason to offer these new technologies (WiFi, Hinged LCD designed for selfies, 'Publish' button, in-camera apps, social media support, etc.) on a dSLR or are they more consistent with a new-paradigm tool (MILC)?

Can we develop a question from that general meme?
09-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #205

- Are you aiming for a 1 year product cycle?
- Why did you replace the mechanical shake reduction during video in the K5 with a bad digital one in the K3?
09-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #206
Pentaxian

I guess the question is (and maybe something can be developed for the Photokina interview from this line of thinking) is doing things the old way being stubborn and resistant to change or is it consistent with a camera company that seems to design cameras with a traditional function set (and maybe a modern, snappy visual design)? Is thre a fatal contradiction in those two ideas? Is there a valid, artistic reason to offer these new technologies (WiFi, Hinged LCD designed for selfies, 'Publish' button, in-camera apps, social media support, etc.) on a dSLR or are they more consistent with a new-paradigm tool (MILC)?

Can we develop a question from that general meme?
I think we could. Or rather we should.
09-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #207
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
My girlfriend would go crazy for a Hello Kitty version of the K-50. She'd probably trade her black K-50 in a heartbeat.
Lol, Just don't ever mention that the internet article said Hello Kitty was never a real cat.... US people are as very sad at this as everyone else is sad over no FF, holes in the lens roadmap, articulating view screens, and wireless capabilities.
09-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Lol, Just don't ever mention that the internet article said Hello Kitty was never a real cat....
Hipster from London apparently. Might be seen using a k-s1, but unlikely to be featured on one....
09-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #209
Pentaxian

Mickey Mouse wasn't a real mouse either...
09-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #210
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Mickey Mouse wasn't a real mouse either...
Aww now I'm sad again😄, reason enough to placate myself by shopping for lenses.