Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #1336
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the Pentax Promos indicated that the new camera has excellent dynamic range. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic range on the K-S1 compares to the K5. If there is a marked improvement, then I think we will see a different side to this camera.

09-02-2014, 05:05 AM   #1337
Pentaxian

The ultimate weapon for selfies (inter alia):

Sony ILCE-QX1: E mount, Wi-Fi, NFC, works with your smartphone or tablet.

(don't shoot! )
09-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #1338
Pentaxian

So it's something that Pentax did it first, with the FluCard?
09-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #1339
Marketplace Reseller

Sony is doooooooomed!

09-02-2014, 05:18 AM   #1340
Pentaxian

When that thing rolls off the table and over the edge into the valley below, those people are going to be very unhappy. A great example of modern design though. "Lets take something that used to be two pieces and make it 3 pieces. " "People will need more camera bags." Completely funded by the camera bag industry. Hey does that guy know he can take the same picture with the built in camera in his tablet? Now you can have a camera that looks like a 2x Teleconverter, but you still have to carry a 3 pound lens to use it. I have to admit though. With a 40XS on the front, it would be awesome. It would be lost before I used it even once. It's bad enough jut keeping track of the TCs. (What lens did I leave the TC on... let's see when did I last use it?)

What the heck is going on over there at Sony?
09-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #1341

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

(don't shoot! )
hmm....
09-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #1342
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I could see astrophotographers really digging the ILCE-QX1. . .or any other type of remote shooting.
09-02-2014, 05:49 AM   #1343
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
When that thing rolls off the table and over the edge into the valley below, those people are going to be very unhappy. A great example of modern design though. "Lets take something that used to be two pieces and make it 3 pieces. " "People will need more camera bags." Completely funded by the camera bag industry. Hey does that guy know he can take the same picture with the built in camera in his tablet? Now you can have a camera that looks like a 2x Teleconverter, but you still have to carry a 3 pound lens to use it. I have to admit though. With a 40XS on the front, it would be awesome. It would be lost before I used it even once. It's bad enough jut keeping track of the TCs. (What lens did I leave the TC on... let's see when did I last use it?)

What the heck is going on over there at Sony?
I'll give them credit for trying but they sure do like to just throw things at the wall to see what sticks. Is that a Canon lens on that thing?

09-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #1344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
(...) Is that a Canon lens on that thing?
No, a Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS (E mount, optical stabilisation, 24x36 image circle).
09-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #1345
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

(don't shoot! )
I would use that for astrophotography. Looks perfect to stick on the back of my camera.
09-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #1346
Lens Buying Addict

Ya know, I think my tablet is too heavy to read a book on; to kludgy to type on without another 1lb. accessory keyboard attached (and always carried as a magnetic cover); just horrible as a camera (ergonomics); counter-intuitive as an interface-centric device (all those icons spread out over swipe pages, or, "Which Folder did I put that in?"); angst-worthy as a battery powered personal organizer (horrible apps, too).

In short, anybody want a Verizon iPad4s with only 467 clicks?
09-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #1347
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ya know, I think my tablet is too heavy to read a book on; to kludgy to type on without another 1lb. accessory keyboard attached (and always carried as a magnetic cover); just horrible as a camera (ergonomics); counter-intuitive as an interface-centric device (all those icons spread out over swipe pages, or, "Which Folder did I put that in?"); angst-worthy as a battery powered personal organizer (horrible apps, too).

In short, anybody want a Verizon iPad4s with only 467 clicks?
After buying an iPad for a trip out west to do email and stuff on... my big question has been , what do I do with it now? With the FLUcard... ok half an hour later I'm bored... Apps, haven't found any I really like, I have the bird ID app, but a new bird turns up maybe once a year. When we go to the coffee shop, the wife likes it if I talk to her, not stare at some device. I do shopping lists on the notepad on my phone. I use it to show my friends pictures, maybe 5 times a year, but an iPad is a horrible thing to manage a picture library on. It basically requires the same library be maintained on my computer. I've had issues getting pdfs on and off of it. It's just a confusing piece of aggravation. Can you sell mine too?
09-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #1348
Site Supporter

Never purchased a tablet. I'm not sure what use it is, either, but other people like them.

To me if I'm carrying something around that's too big to fit in my pocket, I want it to have a user interface that's easy.
09-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #1349
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
When we go to the coffee shop, the wife likes it if I talk to her, not stare at some device.
10:30 Break. Just laughed out loud in my office. People looked askance.
09-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #1350
Pentaxian

Never had a tablet either. A couple years ago I bought an iPad for my wife, for her b-day. She made me return it, unequivocally.

I guess we're not a super-high-tech family (hence Pentax? )

So yeah the K-S1 is definitely not aimed at us... though the small size is nice, I have to admit it. At a different price point I'd consider it. In white.