08-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #196
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hcarvalhoalves Quote
WTF?

I refuse to believe it's not a fake.
Wanna put money on it?

I need to pay for some dental work.

I am 90% convinced this is real and happening. I just think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quick and wait for some specs. T

08-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #197
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't see the big deal. First of all, who really cares about the appearance of the camera. The two important things -- price and specs/performance -- have yet to be released. Second, this isn't a flagship camera. Who really cares what Pentax releases as a K500 sequel?

The only reason I care is if it increases Pentaxians and improves chances of better gear coming down the road. Certainly it doesn't look to me like this camera will hurt that possibility, so I'm fine with it. Although I won't buy it (I wasn't interested in the K500 either, for what it is worth).
08-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #198
Pentaxian

Except for the LEDs and the light gray part on the grip, I think it looks fine (it's an entry level camera, no point in being overly serious).
I don't understand the rejection, but then every Pentax product is rejected for a reason or other, isn't it?
08-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I just think we shouldn't jump to conclusions so quick and wait for some specs. T
Now that's crazy-talk.

08-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Definitely just the AF point selector symbol.
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
It's the same "push OK-button to switch to AF point selection symbol" as on many other Pentax DSLR. (Even my old K-7 has that).
The only difference I see on K-S1 compared to other Pentax DSLR is that the OK-button is larger and blue.
I meant the image replicated on the LCD screen, but after enlarging the image that is obviously the display for which point is selected. What threw me is their having depicted the 4-Way controller as well.
08-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #201
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Except for the LEDs and the light gray part on the grip, I think it looks fine (it's an entry level camera, no point in being overly serious).
I don't understand the rejection, but then every Pentax product is rejected for a reason or other, isn't it?
The reason is too many love to cry about how Pentax is doooooooomed. A medium format that would automatically crop to both full frame, apsc, and have built in sr and selectable aa, 4k video, and the best af for 2000 dollars would have some crying doom and gloom here.
08-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't see the big deal. First of all, who really cares about the appearance of the camera. The two important things -- price and specs/performance -- have yet to be released. Second, this isn't a flagship camera. Who really cares what Pentax releases as a K500 sequel?

The only reason I care is if it increases Pentaxians and improves chances of better gear coming down the road. Certainly it doesn't look to me like this camera will hurt that possibility, so I'm fine with it. Although I won't buy it (I wasn't interested in the K500 either, for what it is worth).
I think people care because it could foreshadow what a future K-*** looks like. And a lot of people seem to care how the camera looks. I'm more about how it feels in the hand than how it looks personally, but a sexy camera is always a good thing. I personally think the K3 looks ugly with the mic-port bump, but it feels great to use and is a very good camera, so whatever.

The specs are what I'm waiting for. I won't buy it anyways, but maybe we will see some technology that will make it to the 35mm format camera if it ever comes, and the K3 successor which I won't expect for at least another year or so. I would even be betting the K3 gets a MKII revision instead of a full replacement that will give expanded ISO, quicker processor, cleaner images at higher iso, tilting screen, and maybe a few new cool firmware based features, but nothing over the top. I then believe that a 35mm DSLR will take the same feature set and software as the K3ii.

i do believe that if this K-S1 sells well, and they find a positive response with the very different styling that we will see mid level and high level cameras come out in a similar style. I think this is a cheap way to test the waters.

---------- Post added 08-19-2014 at 02:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
The reason is too many love to cry about how Pentax is doooooooomed. A medium format that would automatically crop to both full frame, apsc, and have built in sr and selectable aa, 4k video, and the best af for 2000 dollars would have some crying doom and gloom here.
It would also need brilliant AF abilities, high iso performance, a fast buffer, and a high shutter speed. It better be a medium format 50mp sensor with the performance of the D4s at the price of a D610 or I'm not opening my wallet

08-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #203
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I meant the image replicated on the LCD screen, but after enlarging the image that is obviously the display for which point is selected. What threw me is their having depicted the 4-Way controller as well.
Perhaps it's because you can't see the controller when you have your finger on it?
08-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
A medium format that would automatically crop to both full frame, apsc, and have built in sr and selectable aa, 4k video, and the best af for 2000 dollars would have some crying doom and gloom here.
They clearly have no idea what their target market actually is and are just throwing everything into it in the hopes that something in there catches on.

08-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #205
Veteran Member

They clearly have no idea what their target market actually is and are just throwing everything into it in the hopes that something in there catches on.

Ahh, yes. Sounds like Sony, right?
08-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #206
Pentaxian

As if anybody here figured this camera wasn't made to be sold to anyone on this forum.
It's not that they want a camera from a certain style and refuse another style, I can get that, but refusing others to get a camera to their taste because their brand is too good to compromise into such a bastard cam...
Well, those are the same moaning because there are holes in the line-up and no full frame.
08-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #207
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Ahh, yes. Sounds like Sony, right?
Pentax has 12mp, 24mp and 36mp full frame ?
08-19-2014, 02:00 PM - 4 Likes   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should have unsubscribed after page two, but I stuck around against my better judgement.
My bad.
08-19-2014, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Pentax has 12mp, 24mp and 36mp full frame ?
no, they got Q, APSc (2 different sensors), and 645.

p.s. all cameras are full frame. it's 35mm dangit! lol
08-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #210
Site Supporter

Question is, How will it do at Juniors Soccer game?