Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #256
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
This is what camera by marketing focus group looks like lol
If that's what people want, that's what they should get.

08-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #257
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Now that I've thought about it a bit more I wonder if there's a chance of a modular dual DSLR/MILC system where the mount and prism are interchangeable. It seems ridiculous but stranger things have been known to happen.
I thought for a moment that a mirrorless-looking grip was stuck inside a traditional mirrorbox. And wondered if the thing is made from two pieces. But it seems it isn't.

But I am not willing to despair over this. Even if this fad takes over the all the Pentax DSLR in the future, if nothing else, the K-3 will be the last normal and uncompromising Pentax DSLR. And perhaps my last Pentax.
08-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #258
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I thought for a moment that a mirrorless-looking grip was stuck inside a traditional mirrorbox. And wondered if the thing is made from two pieces. But it seems it isn't.

But I am not willing to despair over this. If nothing else, the K-3 will be the last normal Pentax DSLR camera, and perhaps my last Pentax.
Perhaps it is a glimpse at what a digital FF K mount body would resemble if released today..
08-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #259
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote

But I am not willing to despair over this. If nothing else, the K-3 will be the last normal Pentax DSLR camera, and perhaps my last Pentax.
Agreed although I don't own a K-3, so my K-01 may well turn out to be my last.

08-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #260

This thing is great. If it doesn't have the 16mp sensor I've already got I'll jump on it. I want something smaller then the k30 as a companion when I shoot 6x7/645 film. Looks like its an attempt to capture the selfie market which is HUGE in asia. Have you seen what the casio selfie camera goes for? I think you'll find no less then 6 brand name selfie dedicated products at Photokina. A new small, lightweight, cheap dslr built on existing technology and a couple cheap leds could make Pentax a bunch of money. This isn't targeted at forum goers. Atleast not targeted at any generation I'm aware of on here. It looks like it was destined for early 2000's. People with light up show laces now have a matching camera. This thing would go great at a rave. EDM is the biggest form of music in the world currently btw.

Pentax has the two best enthusiast cameras going. If you want full frame and havent bought an 800/810 thats on you. Saying Pentax has never made lesser cameras like an espio or an x-5 etc. is stupid. Guess where that class/cost of camera is going.
08-19-2014, 09:57 PM   #261
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bibz Quote
This thing is great. If it doesn't have the 16mp sensor I've already got I'll jump on it. I want something smaller then the k30 as a companion when I shoot 6x7/645 film. Looks like its an attempt to capture the selfie market which is HUGE in asia. Have you seen what the casio selfie camera goes for? I think you'll find no less then 6 brand name selfie dedicated products at Photokina. A new small, lightweight, cheap dslr built on existing technology and a couple cheap leds could make Pentax a bunch of money. This isn't targeted at forum goers. Atleast not targeted at any generation I'm aware of on here. It looks like it was destined for early 2000's. People with light up show laces now have a matching camera. This thing would go great at a rave. EDM is the biggest form of music in the world currently btw.

Pentax has the two best enthusiast cameras going. If you want full frame and havent bought an 800/810 thats on you. Saying Pentax has never made lesser cameras like an espio or an x-5 etc. is stupid. Guess where that class/cost of camera is going.
I have a D810 - and two D800E's which I'll probably be selling due to the new D750 coming and destroying their resale value - and it's a truly wonderful camera. It would take something very special from Pentax at this stage to sway me as I've already lost an arm and a leg changing systems.
08-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #262
Veteran Member

OK. I normally have no grip with most camera design. Especially not when it is a pentax design.

But I have to say this is the Ugliest thing I have ever seen. This has to be a joke. A real joke. Its not April is it?

Adam. Adam. Adam where are you? Come back and explain yourself.

08-19-2014, 10:36 PM   #263
Veteran Member

It's April in August I believe Culture. Perhaps they were sober in July and decided to make up for it

We should be fair and wait until it's released before totally trashing it without basis.
08-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #264
Banned

It's April in August I believe Culture. Perhaps they were sober in July and decided to make up for it

We should be fair and wait until it's released before totally trashing it without basis.
I believe as a smallish camera, it will work well with smaller lenses. In fact, they should have made a promo picture with DA40 on it, because ribs on the 50-200 kit lens rubber grip are a horrendous visual mismatch. We shall also see the materials used, how much it weighs, and what kind of battery it uses.
I believe many will like it once they see it in more situations and with different lenses on it.
08-19-2014, 10:48 PM - 1 Like   #265
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a D810 - and two D800E's which I'll probably be selling due to the new D750 coming and destroying their resale value
I have a D800 and a D810, too. I also have a K-3 and I see absolutely no point in buying a 24 MP FF camera. Those 36 megapickles are wonderful, but for 99% of my photography, FF gives me nothing that APS-C can't.. YMMV, of course. To come back on thread, I didn't like the K-3 design when I saw the pictures at first, but when I saw one in the flesh, so to speak, I thought it looked great, especially the silver one (I put my money where my mouth is and bought one). I'm willing to wait and see with this new one too - if it's real and not some concept design). If it does what I want, I will consider buying it, but if it's an entry-level without 4K video, I'm not its target market.
08-19-2014, 10:53 PM - 1 Like   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
a glimpse at what a digital FF K mount body would resemble
Pls don't say that. You are scaring me.
08-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #267
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I have a D800 and a D810, too. I also have a K-3 and I see absolutely no point in buying a 24 MP FF camera. Those 36 megapickles are wonderful, but for 99% of my photography, FF gives me nothing that APS-C can't.. YMMV, of course. To come back on thread, I didn't like the K-3 design when I saw the pictures at first, but when I saw one in the flesh, so to speak, I thought it looked great, especially the silver one (I put my money where my mouth is and bought one). I'm willing to wait and see with this new one too - if it's real and not some concept design). If it does what I want, I will consider buying it, but if it's an entry-level without 4K video, I'm not its target market.
I'm not buying a 24MP camera and I only mentioned the D750 because its price point is about where my D800E resale value sits right now. I am just thinking about selling my D800E's before they lose too much value - I still use and enjoy my K-5 though, which is given away with every pack of Corn Flakes these days .

---------- Post added 20-08-14 at 03:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Pls don't say that. You are scaring me.
08-19-2014, 11:32 PM   #268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
this one is probably touch screen enabled and will test the waters for development into different ergonomics.
08-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #269

Sadly I thought that they will release some kind of Pentax ME-D or something like that :/
08-20-2014, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #270
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by x4rd Quote
Sadly I thought that they will release some kind of Pentax ME-D or something like that :/
Do you also expect Ford to release a hybrid model T?