Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 352 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #331
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
The camera is bigger then the Canon Rebel SL1
Unfortunately for Pentax, It is.

But it does have built in SR, which of course the Canon SL1 does not have.

The Canon SL1 is also styled in a more traditional way.

08-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #332
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If this has 20MP, then there must be a midrange, WR (ie K-50) 20 or 24MP update coming too, right?
08-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #333
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
If this has 20MP, then there must be a midrange, WR (ie K-50) 20 or 24MP update coming too, right?
Yes, but maybe at CP+.
08-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Do you prefer your K-S1 in white...

...or in grey?
So this means we have another version of the white 18-55mm. This one in white and grey. I'm thinking the black one here has a cover (removable?) over the connection part for the hood.

08-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #335
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
lol now that's ironic. Since photography is all about colours
08-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #336
Veteran Member

I don't think is a midrange, but an entry level. First, because it not mentioned anything about WR on this camera, second, because the entry level of Nikon has 24Mp, and the number of Mp is no more a benchmark for a camera position.
08-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #337
Veteran Member

Pentax K-S1 camera specifications | Photo Rumors

08-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

20 MP sounds about right for an entry-level APS-C DSLR. The previous entry-level model (K-500) is 16.3 MP. Of course, the intermediate-level model (K-50) is also 16.3 MP, and the prosumer-level model (K-3) is 24.3 MP...

I think it's a good bet that there'll be a K-50 successor leaked or announced soon (K-70? K-S10?). I can't imagine the K-S1 being it, especially given that the "leaked" specifications don't mention WR, and the lens mounted to it in the "leaked" pictures is the non-WR DA L 18-55. The same lens was mounted to the K-500 when pictures of that camera were first released.

So...

entry-level: K-500 -> K-S1
midrange: K-50 -> ??? (K-S10? K-70?)
prosumer: K-3 -> ??? (probably nothing, the K-3 is less than a year old)
professional: ???

I just hope that if we do see new midrange, prosumer, or professional models, they don't look like this! (Although if the K-S1 can take great photos like the K-500 can, then I might be able to forgive its neon green tendencies...)
08-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #339

Gosh, I don;t get it. What is so freaky about this camera for people? It is nice and clean design, the selection of led is odd a bit, but in general the body design is very fine. white version is as attractive as Samsung NX.

I suppose it is just how people are used to take new models from Pentax, no matter what they do, people will complain about its looks, regardless it is a good, decent or bad design. Poeple didn;t like sporty design of K 30, which is awesome by the way, once Pentax released K50 with rounded design, again people unhappy, too much Canon alike. Geeze, I hope Pentax/Ricoh will continue to introduce unique looking cameras with their amazing ergonomics, with the exception of K-01, most Pentax Cameras that I could ever hold in hands are masterpieces of ergonomics, hopefully this K-S1 will be no different, good in ergonomics, unique in its design. K-S1 looks really nice, I wonder how the Led lights looks in real life, it might give some very sci-fi looks. The only thing that bothers me is the large blue button on the back, apart that the design is well made.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this cam to become popular and am curious how will other renewed Pentax cameras will look like, K-S1 might be first step to the new shaped Pentax line which looks promising.
08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #340
Pentaxian

Same source as my post #315 on page 21
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
(...)
A few specifications, courtesy of Digital Camera Info Image of White & gray body and spec of PENTAX K-S1 - Digital Camera Info
(...)
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Rumors:
Those are the specifications of the Pentax K-S1 camera:
(...)
Via Digicame-info
08-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #341
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Danas_Anis Quote
Gosh, I don;t get it. What is so freaky about this camera for people? It is nice and clean design, the selection of led is odd a bit, but in general the body design is very fine. white version is as attractive as Samsung NX.
For me, it was the LED lights. It made it look sort of like a Christmas ornament. Other than that, I think it looks pretty nice. I'm still waiting on a mirrorless, or at least a DSLR with a flip out LCD that can be used as an LV finder for waist-level photography, but this is good even if it only indicates Pentax is still alive.
08-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #342
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
For me, it was the LED lights. It made it look sort of like a Christmas ornament. Other than that, I think it looks pretty nice. I'm still waiting on a mirrorless, or at least a DSLR with a flip out LCD that can be used as an LV finder for waist-level photography, but this is good even if it only indicates Pentax is still alive.
I am pretty certain that they serve a very useful purpose. No mere ornaments.
08-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #343
Veteran Member

The timing makes me think that will be one, or even two cameras released until Photokina. But after reading all those complains, I don't want to image what will be when a FF camera will be announced. Why is not a mirrorles, or, why is a mirrorless? Why it has so many Mp? Why so few Mp? And so on, and on, and on.

It makes me think that the esthetics of this camera will bring the end of the world.
08-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #344
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
The timing makes me think that will be one, or even two cameras released until Photokina. But after reading all those complains, I don't want to image what will be when a FF camera will be announced. Why is not a mirrorles, or, why is a mirrorless? Why it has so many Mp? Why so few Mp? And so on, and on, and on.
I would think that people would be happy with any full frame from Pentax. They are desperate.
08-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #345
Pentaxian

Care to bet about that?
We'll see threads full of "why oh why it's not something just like ... or ...", and "too late, Pentax, I already bought a ...". But, this is in the future - the thread's about a more immediate event.