Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #691
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Not likely a slide-out considering the complexity and dust issues. I wouldn't be surprised though if there is a mirrorless variant based on the same basic design.

K-S1 = SLR
K-M1 = Mirrorless

???
No, the mirrorless is the KF-U2.

08-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #692
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
3) The photos are fake
Quite possible. Did anyone notice that the exposure comp button on the white one is now flat (i.e. printed on and not a button)?

My bad...cheesy monitor...

Steve
08-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #693
Pentaxian

If this camera is all we get at Photokina for the K-mount (as Photorumors is suggesting), this forum is going to implode.
08-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #694
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
I think another MILC model with the same body but without the pentaprism (K-M1) is more plausible than a modular model.

In any case, the new design is not only cosmetics but also internal (we can see the HDMI output on the right side, which is unusual), which means it's probably the new base for future models as well.
K-01 has hdmi output on the rightside.

08-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #695
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
If this camera is all we get at Photokina for the K-mount (as Photorumors is suggesting), this forum is going to implode.
Will there be more traffic, or less? I think less.
08-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #696
Pentaxian

And they also said this... "It seems that the Pentax full frame DSLR is dead"

Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Photo Rumors
08-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #697
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
And they also said this... "It seems that the Pentax full frame DSLR is dead" Read more on PhotoRumors.com: Photo Rumors
They actually said: For now there are rumors only for a new Pentax K-S1 camera. It seems that the Pentax full frame DSLR is dead - I have not seen any rumors for months.

Since they make their money by spreading rumors I can see why they are miffed about there not being any rumors.

08-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #698
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
The "success" of the Ricoh GXR system should put any notion of modularity to bed. Or in the grave.
I don't think so but never on that kind of camera, specially low cost.
MF Digital backs and cameras are an example of modularity.
They have their use but it's not as if their were priced comparatively with conventional approaches (645D/Z).

Modular = costly. Simple.

---------- Post added 25-08-14 at 19:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
They actually said: For now there are rumors only for a new Pentax K-S1 camera. It seems that the Pentax full frame DSLR is dead - I have not seen any rumors for months.

Since they make their money by spreading rumors I can see why they are miffed about there not being any rumors.
Yep the rumors that they got no newer rumors is took as a rumor that the full frame is a rumor.
08-25-2014, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #699
Veteran Member

It always implodes regardless of what Pentax does anyway.
08-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #700
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
It always implodes regardless of what Pentax does anyway.
It doesn't when Pentax does nothing.
Pentax should rest, we would too.
Less FUD spread as well.
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #701
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yep the rumors that they got no newer rumors is took as a rumor that the full frame is a rumor.
Personally I find the LACK of rumors to be a stronger point in favor of something than if there are rumors. Ricoh seems to be extremely good at controlling information. Nothing about the K-S1 until just last week. Leaked, I am sure, by Ricoh marketing precisely on time. Nothing on the Q-S1 until the Ricoh announcement. If it were not for the occasional rumor-bomb from Asahiman we would have nothing at all........................
08-25-2014, 11:59 AM   #702
Veteran Member

This thread makes me laugh every day!
08-25-2014, 12:01 PM   #703
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
It doesn't when Pentax does nothing.
Pentax should rest, we would too.
Less FUD spread as well.
Oh I'm sure we are very capable of creating implosion based on no announcement because everyone else is leaving Pentax behind in the dust.
08-25-2014, 12:16 PM   #704
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Personally I find the LACK of rumors to be a stronger point in favor of something than if there are rumors. Ricoh seems to be extremely good at controlling information. Nothing about the K-S1 until just last week. Leaked, I am sure, by Ricoh marketing precisely on time. Nothing on the Q-S1 until the Ricoh announcement. If it were not for the occasional rumor-bomb from Asahiman we would have nothing at all........................
Pentax rumors are DOOOOOOOMED!
08-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #705
Site Supporter

If Pentax doesn't release a new set of lenses, 8-18 f/3.5, 16-40 f/2.0, 35-90f/2.0, 80-200 f/2.5, 150-400 f/4, and 300-800f/4 then they are doomed. Also, they need to release a selectable format 6x7 digital that allows full control over any lenses that Pentax has ever released, including autofocus. With selectable AA filter and selectable IR, UV, and visible light filters. They all need to come in sparkly colors and be cheap, or Pentax is dooooooooooooooooooomed.