Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #706
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that this week, maybe tomorrow or the day after, the official confirmation for K-S1 will come. And probably next week will come another leak, for something else.

But something is a little strange. No lens rumors yet. This, but not only this, makes me think that a FF is coming. Maybe with a new mount. Because if a new lens with FF compatibility will be launch before, this will be a clear confirmation that this camera is coming. Or what we can see? In two years, Pentax has launch only two new lenses. Why, when a lot of Sigma and Tamron are filling the gaps, and when everybody knew that lenses are the main source of profit in camera industry? IMO, they are working on a new set of lenses for a new (FF) camera and they will launch it all at once.

08-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #707
Pentaxian

Plus there is more than 50% "chance" that this will be a new mirrorless ricoh-branded mount.
But we should put that in the other thread - although i don't whish anything else than K-FF. ..
08-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #708
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Plus there is more than 50% "chance" that this will be a new mirrorless ricoh-branded mount..
Source? Or are you making up numbers like most people on the internet?
08-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #709
Veteran Member

Well, here's a lens rumor: Zeiss designing a series of lenses "for full frame mirrorless systems". It's not a Pentax rumor per-se, but since right now there is only one full-frame mirrorless system (Sony's A7 line), that could have interesting implications...

08-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #710
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
It always implodes regardless of what Pentax does anyway.
In fact, I can feel it starting now. The suction is starting to build!!!

Pentax Forums is doooooooommmeed!!!!

Steve

(...terrible sucking sounds followed by something akin to a toilet flushing...)

---------- Post added 08-25-14 at 03:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
They all need to come in sparkly colors and be cheap, or Pentax is dooooooooooooooooooomed.
Particularly the sparkly colors. I refuse to buy another black camera. Do they flames too?

Steve

(...temporarily escaped the event horizon for the PF implosion only to be swiftly sucked back in...)

---------- Post added 08-25-14 at 03:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
since right now there is only one full-frame mirrorless system (Sony's A7 line), that could have interesting implications...
Absolutely! It strongly infers that the Zeiss/Sony partnership will continue and that Sony will finally have a very competent FF lens lineup for E mount.

Steve

(...unforeseen and much appreciated reversal of the implosion....whew!)

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-25-2014 at 03:21 PM.
08-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #711
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In fact, I can feel it starting now. The suction is starting to build!!!

Pentax Forums is doooooooommmeed!!!!

Steve

(...terrible sucking sounds followed by something akin to a toilet flushing...)

I believe that sound is the sound of the Second Hand Marketplace forum loading with abundant items at competitive prices..
08-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #712
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I believe that sound is the sound of the Second Hand Marketplace forum loading with abundant items at competitive prices..
Wishful thinking

08-25-2014, 06:13 PM   #713
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Particularly the sparkly colors. I refuse to buy another black camera. Do they flames too?

Steve
Yes, sparkly flames.
08-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #714
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Wishful thinking
Indeed!
08-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #715
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Does anyone really think Pentax would be dumb enough not to include a menu option to turn the lights off? The row of lights on the grip are just the self-timer countdown anyway--just an updated version of the red LED that already flashes on your existing DSLR.
I'm calling thread winner for this one!!
08-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #716
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
No, the mirrorless is the KF-U2.
Ricoh are such design idiots. The white one should have white LED's for strobists. PentaxIsDoomed™

One way or the other, come September this place is gonna be jumpin'

Last edited by monochrome; 08-26-2014 at 02:49 AM.
08-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #717
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Source? Or are you making up numbers like most people on the internet?
I could, but it's only autosuggestion/fears before tears....
08-26-2014, 04:03 AM   #718
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Well, here's a lens rumor: Zeiss designing a series of lenses "for full frame mirrorless systems". It's not a Pentax rumor per-se, but since right now there is only one full-frame mirrorless system (Sony's A7 line) , that could have interesting implications...
There are two such systems: you forgot the Leica M system.
08-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #719
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
(...)

And by the way, even though I've heard about it through "our" Mistral75, I have a hard time believing the Pentax "A" rumor. It's too detailed, and Pentax to start making modular thingies?
But then, I don't know who's the source.
The source is a guy I met through my job and we became sort of pals. He is half-Japanese and half-Korean (his mother and father are, they were born during WWII, I let you imagine under what circumstances...). He owns and runs a firm manufacturing plastic parts and components for various industries, including for prototypes and pre-series. He is passionate about photography in general and Asahi Pentax (and Leica) in particular.

For instance, he told me about a future entry-level 24x36 Nikon camera months before the first rumours about D600 surfaced on the web: his firm had received a call for tender from Nikon for some parts with price ranges and specifications matching those of entry-level cameras but volumes well smaller than what one would expect, about one-tenth. He then put two and two together.

He was pretty close to guys from Pentax R&D department (professionally and personally too, due to shared interests and passions), that is before Ricoh reshuffled the whole Pentax Ricoh Imaging and placed Ricoh people in any and all important positions (and even some not so important ones).
08-26-2014, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #720
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Y'know what would be revolutionary?

Interchangeable sensor.

CMOS sensor swappable for a FF or a Q mount in the same housing.

That said, I doubt they could make the camera as small as it is if that is the case here.
Indeed, that would be revolutionary