Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #16

What a surprise! Great job!

08-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Makes PentaxForums look decidedly fresh

A promising start of what I could imagine as a viable redesign of this website. I signals PentaxForums' ambition to remain one of the most relevant and influential Pentax brand forums. (Some general sites of particular interest to Pentax shooters, such as ImagingResource, have freshened up their design to good effect too.) It manages to look serious and yet in touch with current trends in web design. Essentially, it makes surfing this site more fun, which is only proper, because Pentaxians tend to have a lot of fun with photography too.

It may take a little getting used to, but as far as I can see the navigation works pretty smoothly.

Therefore, just go on with it. You're doing great work here.
08-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Yes absolute perfect. Great job done!!!!
08-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Obviously this is to showcase all the new releases in the run up to Photokina.

08-20-2014, 11:41 AM - 4 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What I would like to see on the front page is maybe a "Recent photos by members" window, where a tiny thumbnail would rotate between some latest photos uploaded on here. This would show guests that the forum is more than just debate and gear
08-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great job! Only took a few minutes to track down the locations of my usual hangouts.
08-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Agree 100% Great job Adam and guys.

It looks much more modern. Puts DPR to shame now.
Agree that it is a lot to take all in but it is like a kid in a candy store, so much more information that is easy to get to, just overwhelmed in a good way. Needed to have a bear just to take it all in.

My suggestion would be to work on the forum section to bring it in line with the front page format. Not that the forum page is terrible, just a little dated in comparison to the front.

08-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great stuff - I like it!
I'm not a huge fan of the scrolling / changing content but I can see what its trying to do.
08-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #24

Once again Adam shows he understands the internet very well, the design is perfectly modern. Also the timing. Sites in bloody good hands!
08-21-2014, 01:50 AM   #25

As a webdesigner myself, i think theyve done a really great job... It's cleaner and more into today's design language... However, the navigation seems a bit confusing, though you'll get used to it. But still, the older menu is easier to navigate than this. The new homepage also needs to be refined more. Don't get me wrong, theyre on the right track in terms of design but it still needs to be refined. Font, font size, spacing between headlines etc. coz at first look, i ask myself, which is which and where on earth do this section belong to. 2cents
08-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Great stuff - I like it!
I'm not a huge fan of the scrolling / changing content but I can see what its trying to do.
I'm not a huge fan either. In fact, I think it is a big regression; the old page showed all the headlines at a time, now you have to wait for that damned thing to scroll all the way through its contents before finding out if there is something interesting in there. I'm really disappointed by this one change.

I don't really know if I like the static parts better than the old version, time will tell I guess. :-)
08-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #27
Veteran Member

It is a nice fresh look and I can hardly wait to see the rest of the site altered to reflect the new style. I find it easy to navigate from the new home page. At first I thought I was on the wrong page, then I took another gulp of my morning coffee and realized I was awake.
08-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by nono Quote
I'm not a huge fan either. In fact, I think it is a big regression; the old page showed all the headlines at a time, now you have to wait for that damned thing to scroll all the way through its contents before finding out if there is something interesting in there. I'm really disappointed by this one change.

I don't really know if I like the static parts better than the old version, time will tell I guess. :-)
There's 5 little dots along with the headlines, on the right side - at any time you can click on them to speed up the scrolling process.

It's a very common web design.

Also on the right side, under that headlines scroll, there's a "Popular Destinations" menu and one click on "Latest News and Articles" takes you to a list of all the stuff that's been put on the front page lately. In fact, you could bookmark that as your "front page" and go directly to it every time, and it would provide a feel that is a bit similar to the old page - all the articles, a link to latest comments, and threads, etc.
08-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I love the new design. It looks very clean and simple to navigate through.

It needs green LEDs, though.
08-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WillWeaverRVA Quote
I love the new design. It looks very clean and simple to navigate through.

It needs green LEDs, though.
+1!

And the page should have at least 12 custom color options that the user could pick from!