Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax K + Multi-Mount

So if I get the Google translation correct, apparently they have developed a multi mount adapter in Singapore for Pentax cameras. The original mount on the camera body is removed and replaced with this one which can mount several different kinds of lenses. No change of the K mount registration length, so one will not get infinity focusing with some other mounts. Interesting. Does anybody here have any experience with it?

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/item/20140821_662567.html

EDIT: Didn't realize this was old news as it was just posted by this Japanese site.

Last edited by Raffwal; 08-21-2014 at 12:31 PM.
08-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ummm....

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/247977-manual-fo...ntax-dslr.html
08-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Created by a forum member, in fact: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/247977-manual-fo...ntax-dslr.html

I haven't tried it yet, but there are a handful of posts towards the ends from people who did.
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adaptist - Home

08-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been enjoying the Adaptist PK+MM on my K-01 with Olympus, Nikon, and C/Y lenses. There are a few relatively minor drawbacks, so be sure to read the full description on the Adaptist website and all the installation notes before you decide to get one.

C/Y lenses have almost the same flange focal distance as Pentax, so infinity focus isn't a problem at all; a small minus is that they install upside down, with the distance/aperture register mark at the bottom.

Olympus OM Zuiko lenses are the best; they fit right side up, and their flange focal distance is close enough to Pentax's that infinity focus isn't a problem unless you use them at the widest apertures. You do have to tape down or otherwise jam their aperture button so you'll have manual aperture control.

Many pre-AF Nikon lenses have a shoulder on the aperture ring that sticks about a millimeter past their mount face. But since they have about 1 mm longer flange focal distance than Pentax, 1mm-thick shims under the mount face solve both problems.
08-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I just used my K-r with it tonight and took around 2,000 pictures (nothing special -- hidden camera to try and catch a neighborhood vandal.) I definitely think it's neat to use non-system lenses, but the non system-lenses that I have don't affix tightly enough that I would want to carry them around town on a walk or the like. Now, if I had a Dremel, I could put a small divot in, at least, the Olympus lenses and get the Pentax pin to lock into place.

I think there are a few YouTube videos about it (including one by me). It may be worth checking them out. Be warned, seeing it on YouTube will make you want to get one even more. I think it's worth the money.
08-22-2014, 04:47 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
the non system-lenses that I have don't affix tightly enough that I would want to carry them around town on a walk or the like. Now, if I had a Dremel, I could put a small divot in, at least, the Olympus lenses and get the Pentax pin to lock into place.
My Olympus and C/Y lenses fit firmly, but the one Nikon lens I have (a pre-AI 105/2.5) does tend to slip when I try to turn its stiff aperture ring. The Adaptist kit includes special plastic spacers for Nikon lenses that help hold them in place, but they seem to loosen after a while.

Another little problem I forgot to mention before: If you leave Olympus and Nikon lenses on the camera for long, the three leaf springs behind the camera's mount ring will lose tension, and Pentax lenses will then fit a little loosely. The springs can be retensioned, but it requires removing the mount to get to them. I wouldn't want to do that too often, either, as it might fatigue the springs.