Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2014, 10:50 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Because all Nikon stuff is for you?
Geez you have a hell of budget
Have you priced out new Pentax gear in the past couple of years?

08-30-2014, 11:26 AM - 2 Likes   #47
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
Not for you? What's that got to do with Pentax "getting its shit together" in the most sweeping of generalizations? How many places are you going to drag the goal posts?

Genuine indignation huh? You're the one white-knighting a guy who should be fighting his own battles.

And you've poisoned debate enough to earn an ignore.
Whatever I have written is within the context of what has been said in the foregoing. If you cannot figure that out of your own accord, then there is very little I can do to help you. All I see is grown up men lashing away at a teenager whose first language is not English. You must be proud of yourselves. I think the appropriate sociological term would be 'in-group cohesion.' I am not the one poisoning the debate. I have made it clear - and that more than once - that I like the K-S1 and that I will be purchasing it. Yet I do not have a problem with the opinion of the Brazilian teenager. I block people too you know; I just don't shout it from the rooftops - because that 'in-group cohesion' business does not interest me in the least.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 08-30-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: orthographic errors
08-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian_tmb Quote
I am with you man. Its like when my fav band totally sold out and changed their sound to be all hip. I totally disliked them on facebook and broke all of their cds.
Yeppers. Put my K10 and K-01 and Q and Q7 and K-3 on Craigslist too. (No sense in not filling up the debit card again is there?).
08-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Really you guys? I think he (GabrielFFontes) was just expressing dismay. You know, the "i don't think Pentax can get they sh*t straight anymore." To be honest, this thing has left me scratching my head too. Some the decisions that they made with this so thing are so puzzling that they do kind of cast a little doubt on pentax's future.

08-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For a long time I didn't get KIA. I still don't get the KIA Soul (for G*& sake, hamsters?) but they sell 1,000,000 KIA's +/- in the USA now and nearly 300,000 Souls, the best-selling sub-compact car in America. It had a snappy design, great features for a young generation, kitschy marketing; but the low-powered engine, rough transmission and terrible ride were universally PANNED by the automotive press.

Yhey sell nearly as many Souls as Subaru sells CARS here.

The refresh has made the 'faults' a bit better, but the price is also a bit higher. Under 30 women just love the damned thing.
08-30-2014, 01:57 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
For a long time I didn't get KIA. I still don't get the KIA Soul (for G*& sake, hamsters?) but they sell 1,000,000 KIA's +/- in the USA now and nearly 300,000 Souls, the best-selling sub-compact car in America. It had a snappy design, great features for a young generation, kitschy marketing; but the low-powered engine, rough transmission and terrible ride were universally PANNED by the automotive press.

Yhey sell nearly as many Souls as Subaru sells CARS here.

The refresh has made the 'faults' a bit better, but the price is also a bit higher. Under 30 women just love the damned thing.
Scion is basically the same thing with the same faults. Which is why I, as a Gen-X'r, ended up with a Honda Fit. Black, just like my camera

It's interesting that the Japanese and Koreans entered the US car market in pretty much opposite directions. The Japanese entered the market with ugly but reliable cars. The Koreans entered the market with stylish (they hired Germans to do the styling) but unreliable cars. The Japanese eventually figured the styling part out, the Koreans are still producing garbage.

Last edited by boriscleto; 08-30-2014 at 02:08 PM.
08-30-2014, 02:01 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Psion is basically the same thing with the same faults. Which is why I, as a Gen-X'r, ended up with a Honda Fit. Black, just like my camera
I posted before if I had bought my 1990-born daughter a car as a gift I would have bought her a black CRV. She bought a Soul with all the trimmings.

08-30-2014, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

I have to thank those who understood what i meant. People got all upset like i was talking about them. If you guys don't know, i'm always defending Pentax everywhere, but i don't think the company has been making decisions that are good for their loyals costumers nor for new ones. Just like you all have the right to say good stuff about them, i thought i could say something about the company and people would understand. I'm not saying the K-S1 is useless...we'll see what Pentax makes out of that 20MP sensor and it could be pretty okay, but i believe almost every last release by Pentax has been slightly disappointing, except for the K-3, i would say. The Tamron 18-270 that they rebadged and put some nice extra hundred dollars on it is another example of that they have been doing. In my opinion, the new Pentax products are expensive and sometimes worse than what the competition is offering. DA 560 and the teleconverter are two examples of expensive products that the other companies are able to surpass.
I don't even know why i keep replying, but well...
08-30-2014, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #54
mee
Veteran Member

You don't have to explain yourself Gabriel. Everyone is entitled to their opinion!

I have actually seen the higher prices for K mount Sigma lenses.. and the 2012 Pentax price hike really made no sense on a consumer level.

The irony there is, for me, one of the reasons I went with Pentax was all of the talk of affordability... IBIS means lenses are cheaper. haha well no.. because Sigma and Tamron lenses end up being the same or more in K mount over F or EF mount!!
08-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #55
Pentaxian

54 posts in and only 1 reply about the commercial
08-31-2014, 01:22 AM   #56
Pentaxian

A certain someone can say: mission successful
09-03-2014, 10:40 AM - 2 Likes   #57
Marketplace Reseller

Photos: Gallery
It exists with english too:

09-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #58

Thanks for posting the English version. It appears that the camera is not meant to be part of any regular line, but a small footprint camera to compete with mirrorless cameras, yet utilize the well-regarded pentaprism.
09-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kenntak Quote
Thanks for posting the English version. It appears that the camera is not meant to be part of any regular line, but a small footprint camera to compete with mirrorless cameras, yet utilize the well-regarded pentaprism.
I thought the k-s1 was intended to compete with Canon SL1 (claimed to be the smallest dslr among all).... and it seems likely.
09-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vjacesslav Quote
Thanks for posting the english link.

NaCl(my japanese is limited to the word "bokeh" )H2O