Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #76
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
... which problems? Wishes are no problems! I have my superA for slow-foting. Remember: I am not in a hurry! ;-)
Flopping mirror

09-12-2014, 04:50 AM - 2 Likes   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mazhe Quote
Same here, I feel I waited enough and loyalty is becoming stupidity on this matter. It is even worsened by the fact that Ricoh is seemingly back in charge of product development and we will get more sorry jokes of gadgets instead of the no-nonsense photographic gear I bought into Pentax for.
We'll be hearing this a lot, and I'm curious: what type of photography do you want to do that you need FF, but you've waited so long, and you won't wait anymore? How long have you been missing out on what you really want to do?
09-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
66% will then be disappointed it didn't arrive.
QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
33% of the members that voted in a recent poll think FF is coming. ...
09-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
We'll be hearing this a lot, and I'm curious: what type of photography do you want to do that you need FF, but you've waited so long, and you won't wait anymore? How long have you been missing out on what you really want to do?
It's not what you can or can't do, it's how well you can do it. We all know FF has advantages in high ISO situations and for achieving narrow DOF.

09-12-2014, 05:22 AM   #80
Pentaxian

I'm not saying there aren't advantages, I just don't buy this "I've waited long enough" line. If someone needed FF they would have left already. If they want FF because, well, it's the next thing, that's fine, but the pronouncements and declarations are just drama.

FF is the new megapixels.
09-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Big announcement of Ricoh Imaging Germany just before Photokina:

RICOH IMAGING PHOTOGRAPHY - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
09-12-2014, 05:42 AM   #82

Landscape photography is my primary spot, in low light or not (and I already tried a Canon body, so I know what I am missing). I guess I am really waiting since summer 2012, as it was the begining of "affordable" FF. I would have been waiting a bit more if it wasn't for the recent news: not the slightest rumor (at this point, I'd even be relieved by a stupid ricehigh rumor), but announcement of gadgets, forum staff saying they won't even interview ricoh about FF...

09-12-2014, 05:43 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

RICOH IMAGING PHOTOGRAPHY - RICOH IMAGING DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
The big announcement is that they are releasing a book?
09-12-2014, 05:46 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
The big announcement is that they are releasing a book?
No, that's not "the big announcement," it's just an announcement.

The internet is a weird place.
09-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #85
Veteran Member

I'm not saying there aren't advantages, I just don't buy this "I've waited long enough" line. If someone needed FF they would have left already. If they want FF because, well, it's the next thing, that's fine, but the pronouncements and declarations are just drama.

FF is the new megapixels.
If sensor size (I assume that's what you meant by "FF") is the new megapixels then I suppose Ricoh played right along with the charade by developing the 645Z.
09-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
"iBook"? I would have thought Apple still holds the copyright for that...
09-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
If sensor size (I assume that's what you meant by "FF") is the new megapixels then I suppose Ricoh played right along with the charade by developing the 645Z.
I mean, of course, selling it to the average consumer as if it will make him a better photographer by it's very existence.
09-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #88
Pentaxian

No, that's not "the big announcement," it's just an announcement.

The internet is a weird place.
Indeed, but I nevertheless urge you to read one more page:

Irony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
09-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #89
Veteran Member

I mean, of course, selling it to the average consumer as if it will make him a better photographer by it's very existence.
...There could even be a little truth to that. Having a bigger format, more MP and extra light sensitivity to play with gives a lot of room to the phototgrapher.

For example, it's easier to re-compose in PP with larger format high resolution images. And with the added light sensitivity, shooting low light will become easier.

Turning that back around, with smaller format you have to be a better photographer then with bigger format, in some cases.
09-12-2014, 06:09 AM   #90
Pentaxian

The irony lecture needs to go to hoopsontoast the post before mine.