Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2014, 04:34 AM   #286
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
(Who needs a tilting/rotating back LCD screen when you can look at the display of your camera, via your smart device at 20 meters distance?)
Agreed, if the camera is on a tripod or other support. When hand holding, the tilting screen is still useful for low shots, etc.

09-18-2014, 04:48 AM   #287
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Agreed, if the camera is on a tripod or other support. When hand holding, the tilting screen is still useful for low shots, etc.
Yes indeed, although I would then prefer to just tilt the (E)VF upwards.
09-18-2014, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #288

Development of Pentax Full-Frame DSLR is Officially Underway | PhotographyBLOG
Great news...
09-18-2014, 05:28 AM   #289
Pentaxian

Pentax cannot put specs on lenses in the show cases (under development), but we get many pages of replies for a simple announcement.

Who cares?

09-18-2014, 06:09 AM   #290
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for the link. I love the end of the second sentence

"In an interview with Photography Blog, Ricoh's European Product Manager Laurence Bouly has confirmed that development of a Pentax full-frame DSLR camera is officially underway. No launch date has yet been set, but she said that the launch itself would be communicated through the usual formal channels, rather than Facebook (as Ricoh France did earlier this week)." (emphasis added)
09-18-2014, 06:16 AM   #291
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
The purpose of a hinged LCD is similar to the purpose of a Refconverter, for tripod, macro and low- or odd-angle work

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Yes indeed, although I would then prefer to just tilt the (E)VF upwards.
What is the purpose of a hinged EVF as opposed to a hinged OVF (assuming a hinged VF is even possible - perhaps substitute interchangeable)?
09-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #292
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if they let the news to be spread we can be sure that next official announcement will be Pentax FF, deducting from FF lens development stage I would say... its going to happend in half year.

09-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #293
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by filorp Quote
if they let the news to be spread we can be sure that next official announcement will be Pentax FF, deducting from FF lens development stage I would say... its going to happend in half year.
More pieces of news (just) before CP+ (Yokohama, Japan, 12 to 15 February 2015).
09-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What is the purpose of a hinged EVF as opposed to a hinged OVF (assuming a hinged VF is even possible - perhaps substitute interchangeable)?
It's possible - the Panasonic Lumix GX7 has one. I still prefer to use the tilting LCD for most things, though.
09-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #295
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
More pieces of news (just) before CP+ (Yokohama, Japan, 12 to 15 February 2015).
I'm sure you will (maybe I will too, dunno, depends on Thalys prices from Brussels) be at the Salon de la Photo in Paris ?
09-18-2014, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #296
Veteran Member

If all they do is develop a K-3 with a FF sensor in it it's still going to smoke the competition. Pentax has the best handling camera's and best features. Canon and Nikon are too concerned with limiting feature sets in their now large range of FF options so as to not cannibalize the higher end. Pentax will likely come out of the gate with no feature held back.

Hopefully they refresh some of the lenses of past years and give us a good range at launch.
09-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #297
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I'm sure you will (maybe I will too, dunno, depends on Thalys prices from Brussels) be at the Salon de la Photo in Paris ?
I presume so.

I'll bring some coarse salt and a goat and will use them on Yazid until he spills the beans.

Last edited by Mistral75; 09-18-2014 at 08:48 AM.
09-18-2014, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #298
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
If all they do is develop a K-3 with a FF sensor in it it's still going to smoke the competition. Pentax has the best handling camera's and best features. Canon and Nikon are too concerned with limiting feature sets in their now large range of FF options so as to not cannibalize the higher end. Pentax will likely come out of the gate with no feature held back.
I agree. I think that's the way for them to go. Retain all the good traits that make it a Pentax. Getting it in the hands of some pros wouldn't hurt, either.
09-18-2014, 09:15 AM   #299
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I remember that you had told us to wait and we would see the outstanding products from Ricoh. Where is such product?

To get rid of means loss of money. Don't you think so? Or maybe you are millionaire?

My Pentax gear are used and I can sell all with price 30-50% lower than I had bought.
K200D, for example, costs almost nothing. I had bought it for USD800 and can sell for USD150 now.
So those who bought a Nikon D1X for 6 grand would loose just about the same percentage of their cost and so would those who bought a D100 or D50.

And I would love to buy DA lenses for 30% of the original price
09-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #300
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Thank you for the link. I love the end of the second sentence

"In an interview with Photography Blog, Ricoh's European Product Manager Laurence Bouly has confirmed that development of a Pentax full-frame DSLR camera is officially underway. No launch date has yet been set, but she said that the launch itself would be communicated through the usual formal channels, rather than Facebook (as Ricoh France did earlier this week)." (emphasis added)
Here can we see the holly interest of FB as a communication medium.
No scoop, no news.