Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2014, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #331
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I wonder if there are multiple sources or just multiple people repeating the same source.

09-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #332
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
When/If Pentax FF is released, I'm curious to see how many Pentaxians will put their money where their whiny mouths have been...
Given how much a FF camera will cost I'd like to see that one myself. :P
09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #333
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
More 'confirmation' from Ricoh, via a Photography Blog interview with Ricoh at Photokina:

Development of Pentax Full-Frame DSLR is Officially Underway | PhotographyBLOG

The momentum grows ...

EDIT - oops. I see the Petapixel story linked by Stavri also covers the same PhotographyBlog report.
Well this makes it a bit more interesting for sure. that ~80-200 lens seems a hint also

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 06:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wonder if there are multiple sources or just multiple people repeating the same source.
not in this case. that article reference the Facebook post but said that they had talked to Ricoh, not just a FB post.
09-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #334
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
And thanks for the Photokina report. Did you get to have a play with the new Samsung NX-1?
No, sorry, I didn't visit the Samsung area.

09-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Very nice to hear, especially about the two Pentax men. I do like to actually hear about the human element at Ricoh/Pentax. We can easily see the output (products), but rarely/never get to see the people behind the brand. I am not so jaded as to think that their attitude is just a front--Pentax does strike me as "the photographer's company".
They really made an effort to listen and I had a definite feeling that they took away ideas for improvement, that they truly care about their customers, and are enthusiastic about their products.

The impression they left me with had nothing to do with the distant image of "Japan not listening" at all. Quite the contrary.
09-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Learned of this from an article on Flipboard. Good news for Pentax and Ricoh.
09-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the Ricoh Rep - Richard Broully? - has been cited in several different places. I believe this is the actual interview - the others cite PhotographyBlog.

I think this is the interview where he said future announcements would come through more traditional channels (kind of a poke at Pentax France's FB post).

09-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #338
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Source 1: Development of Pentax Full-Frame DSLR is Officially Underway | PhotographyBLOG
Source 2: Ricoh confirms the Pentax full frame camera is coming in 2015 | Photo Rumors
Source 3: PF Interview with Ricoh Imaging at Photokina 2014 - Photokina 2014 | PentaxForums.com

Plus the two FF zooms.

Looking good to me.
09-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #339
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I agree with your observation (and stevebrot) for studio monitor use
7" Field monitor...like the Lilliput stuff. With HDMI out the monitor shows what is on the rear LCD. At least that is what I read on another thread.

Steve
09-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
7" Field monitor...like the Lilliput stuff. With HDMI out the monitor shows what is on the rear LCD. At least that is what I read on another thread.

Steve
My observation is to use a 7" external monitor you need some kind of support or bracket - pretty easy in a studio, but it's just one more thing to haul up the trail for field work.

In fact, my objection to the FluCard tethering in general is the abysmal ergonomics of doing anything on an iPhone. Even reading an email landscape is a problem for me - and now both my eyes are fixed!

(FWIW, before the lens replacements the diopter differential between eyes was +2.5R. I would literally see type at two elevations when reading a page even with glasses on.

As of today the measured differential is 0.25+L - about what a 16-year-old with 20/15 vision has. The bad news is I still need glasses and all three pairs need new lenses.)
09-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #341
Pentaxian

If this is true, how come there is no direct announcement during interview?
09-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #342
mee
Veteran Member

We don't know... my best guess is after Ricoh France Facebook let the cat out of the bag, the rest of the company was left holding the bag. That is to say, I'm wondering if they didn't really want to announce it just yet but their hand was forced.
09-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #343
Forum Member

Perhaps. Or this is all just a pig in a poke. Still, I'd rather have an unsubstantiated Facebook post than a sharp stick in the eye. And I'm not just whistling Dixie.
09-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
We don't know... my best guess is after Ricoh France Facebook let the cat out of the bag, the rest of the company was left holding the bag. That is to say, I'm wondering if they didn't really want to announce it just yet but their hand was forced.
Someone said that they might be afraid that it will hurt sales of the 645.. but I don't think it will.

---------- Post added 09-18-14 at 08:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bobdobbs Quote
Perhaps. Or this is all just a pig in a poke. Still, I'd rather have an unsubstantiated Facebook post than a sharp stick in the eye. And I'm not just whistling Dixie.
Did you see it is more than just FB now..
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/273250-photokina-20...ml#post2947482
09-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #345
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I did. I was also trying to be funny. trying