Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that they try to squeeze as much as they can from K-3 sales, and also to protect the sales of 645z. Also, a separate announcement, in an empty season, with no news, will be more powerful, being on the front of every publication, than a launch in a middle of a crowded event like Photokina, or other.

09-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #347
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I think that they try to squeeze as much as they can from K-3 sales, and also to protect the sales of 645z. Also, a separate announcement, in an empty season, with no news, will be more powerful, being on the front of every publication, than a launch in a middle of a crowded event like Photokina, or other.
which is precisely the reason the 645z, KS-1, 28-45 645, or nothing else was announced at photokina. They know it won't make news there, but releasing products while the rest of the world is silent will make news.
09-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #348
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
you need some kind of support or bracket
You don't need anything fancy. A hot-shoe will do.

(Image from here).
09-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #349
Site Supporter

My observation is to use a 7" external monitor you need some kind of support or bracket - pretty easy in a studio, but it's just one more thing to haul up the trail for field work.

In fact, my objection to the FluCard tethering in general is the abysmal ergonomics of doing anything on an iPhone. Even reading an email landscape is a problem for me - and now both my eyes are fixed!

(FWIW, before the lens replacements the diopter differential between eyes was +2.5R. I would literally see type at two elevations when reading a page even with glasses on.

As of today the measured differential is 0.25+L - about what a 16-year-old with 20/15 vision has. The bad news is I still need glasses and all three pairs need new lenses.)
This is exacltly the reason why the Thethering Software will be issued for 645Z by next december.

And my bet is that it will also be compatible with K-3

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
You don't need anything fancy. A hot-shoe will do.

(Image from here).
And to conclude imho, any "paste and dirt" tablet such as the new annoncements from Sony or Olympus have made ; is of NO INTEREST unless it is used at fixed station and under controled environment (=studio). Which means a PC will do it much better...
The way things seem to go is just geeky/Wifi fashion , the result of "innovation for innovation" marketing ; and it won't last.

09-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #350

Excuse me, but where exactly do You all read that it's coming 2015? I only find "under developement", "development has started". My french isn't the best, unfortunately, so I may have overlooked something...
09-19-2014, 12:07 AM - 1 Like   #351
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
Excuse me, but where exactly do You all read that it's coming 2015? I only find "under developement", "development has started". My french isn't the best, unfortunately, so I may have overlooked something...

Which is only slightly different to what they said in the CP+ 2014 interview

QuoteQuote:
Research and development into full-frame is still ongoing. We cannot talk about it yet.
09-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #352
Site Supporter

They havent announced a date, and are unlikely to imo until after the holiday shopping season. All signs point to 2015, likely announced in the same way they did the 645Z
09-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #353
Pentaxian

I even shoot Q and K-01 and iPhone (my Instagram feed is often landscape ) with my left hand under the base forming a stable platform, and the camera elevated to about level with my chin. I thus look slightly down at the LCD.
I usually hold my K-5 much lower than that when using LV, so I could probably make good use of a tilted screen. But I use the OVF 98% of the time anyway, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Btw. I tried the EVF of the OM-D EM1 yesterday. The quality is really, really good, but nevertheless I think I still need several years of EVF improvement before I would even consider trading an OVF for an EVF.

09-19-2014, 12:15 AM   #354

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike L Quote
Which is only slightly different to what they said in the CP+ 2014 interview
That's exactly what I think, so I can't really understand all that hype caused by a statement on Facebook. Hope I'm proofen wrong soon, though.
09-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #355
Site Supporter

That's exactly what I think, so I can't really understand all that hype caused by a statement on Facebook. Hope I'm proofen wrong soon, though.
Its not just the statements on facebook but also the statements made in several interviews with both Japanese and French Ricoh execs. It has never been publicly confirmed by a Ricoh official before that there is actually a FF IN THE WORKS, not being considered, not studying the market, but WITH the engineering dept, if not beyond that now. To add some credibility to this are two huge zooms sitting under glass which have also been confirmed by Ricoh (and our friend asahiman) as DFA lenses. Ricoh is now studying when to release the camera to market, which if you understand business, is not right now, but after people currently interested in the 645 and K-3 make their purchases for the holidays. The leak, if intentional was meant to perhaps give pause to any Pentax fans excited by the D750 release imo.
09-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #356
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
They havent announced a date, and are unlikely to imo until after the holiday shopping season. All signs point to 2015, likely announced in the same way they did the 645Z
2015 is quoted in the report from Le Monde de la Photo on their discussions with Ricoh officials at Photokina:

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is the report from Photokina made by 'Le Monde de la Photo' ('The World of Photo', both a magazine and a website):

Ricoh : le plein format arrive - Le Monde de la Photo

A few excerpts:

"Ricoh : le plein format arrive…

C’est désormais officiel : il y a aura bien un boîtier plein format chez Ricoh Imaging. Il faudra patienter jusqu’à l’année prochaine, le projet étant en cours de développement.

(...)

Ricoh reconnaît officiellement qu’un projet est en cours de développement et qu’il sera dévoilé l’an prochain, sans préciser de période pour l’instant.
"

which, once translated into English, reads:

"Ricoh: the full frame [camera] is coming...

It's now official: there will be a full frame camera from Ricoh Imaging. You will have to wait until next year, the project being under development.

(...)

Ricoh officially recognize that a project is under development and will be unveiled next year, without specifying a time frame for now.
"

I am very much looking forward to CP+!!!
09-19-2014, 12:34 AM - 1 Like   #357
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You will have to wait until next year... For further rumors/promises.
09-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #358
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
You will have to wait until next year... For further rumors/promises.
No, this time it's not far away. The display of the obvious DFA tele zoom shows commitment.
09-19-2014, 12:51 AM   #359
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
The leak, if intentional was meant to perhaps give pause to any Pentax fans excited by the D750 release imo.
....and it has had exactly the desired effect on this particular Pentax fan
09-19-2014, 01:00 AM   #360
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
What? I thought you are a pro? Obviously you (using the k-5IIs) are not then.... sorry..
The pro camera is the camera with good ergonomics, easy to use and with a lot of tweaks for AF system.
If we talk about ergonomic, K10D, K20D and even K200D are better than K-7/5/3.
If we talk about AF - Pentax is on good level, but not pro level.
Tracking AF is far behind of old Nikon D300s and Canon 7D.

The line of K-mount cameras from Pentax is the level lower than pro-systems. It's fact.
As for lenses - the same. No ring motors, the line of fast primes is rather narrow. Zooms can't compete with better zoom lenses from other brands.
There are some zooms not bad optically, but it's not serious. Just several lenses.

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 01:03 AM ----------

Where is FF kit for new FF camera? Or will you plan to buy 100-400 as kit?

Small secret - so big zooms of tele range are always FF.

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 01:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
We don't know... my best guess is after Ricoh France Facebook let the cat out of the bag, the rest of the company was left holding the bag. That is to say, I'm wondering if they didn't really want to announce it just yet but their hand was forced.
Pentax Russia said about FF camera this year. The words are just words.