Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #361
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
If we talk about ergonomic, K10D, K20D and even K200D are better than K-7/5/3.
That's a bold statement for what is, after all, a subjective matter. I have a K10D and a K-3 (and a K-7 and K-5), and I find the K-3 to be ergonomically superior to the K10D. Your mileage obviously varies. I also find Pentax ergonomics preferable to Canons (and to the Nikons I own) but again, that's just me. On the other hand, reviewers often praise Pentax for their good ergonomics, so maybe it's not only just me.

09-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #362
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From what I read so far, only area where Pentax is lagging behind is auto focus performance, namely tracking subject. If they can get that right with the new FF camera, they would probably attract more pro users.
Also, this camera better be something good, or they will disappoint a lot of people

I'm not concerned about any of this, it's out of my budget anyway. Just my thoughts about all this fuss
09-19-2014, 01:33 AM   #363
Pentaxian

ogl: First you said "The body of K-7, K-5, K-3 is not body of professional camera." and now you're talking about lenses? Moving the goals as you like...
And of course, what you say about ergonomics is entirely subjective (by the way, I can't see how Canon would win that one but guess what, you didn't even mention Canon! The K-3 is supposedly beaten by the K200D ).
I like the K-3's grip the best (except for the 645D/Z's), and the overall interface is working nicely with immediate availability of the most important settings. I like how they manage to make good handling compact cameras, while the competition needs a lot of space to e.g. have a decent grip.

QuoteOriginally posted by zbrueningsen Quote
Yep, I see this getting ugly.
It should be: "Yep, I see this getting ogly"
It appears he has long-term plans of Pentax bashing.
09-19-2014, 01:42 AM   #364
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
It appears he has long-term plans of Pentax bashing.
No. He is a long term Pentax/Ricoh user. I am sure he has best interests for Pentax. It's just that sometimes Pentax needs some 'tough love', which he is willing to dispense.

09-19-2014, 01:47 AM - 2 Likes   #365
Pentaxian

Looks like same-old/same-old to me:

I'll quote Mr. Kitazawa himself : "First, we are discussing development of FF SLR. We are touching base with a sensor manufacturer and proceeding the process of development towards production."

This happens each and every time. I dare you, do some searching and you'll find that there are "solid" Pentax-FF rumors with each main event. They are feeding the users these claims for their own purposes.

For any objective person there is no reason not to doubt their 2015 promises. They'll have a similar excuse by then, and the faithfull apologists will believe them yet again.
09-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #366
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Looks like same-old/same-old to me:

I'll quote Mr. Kitazawa himself : "First, we are discussing development of FF SLR. We are touching base with a sensor manufacturer and proceeding the process of development towards production."

This happens each and every time. I dare you, do some searching and you'll find that there are "solid" Pentax-FF rumors with each main event. They are feeding the users these claims for their own purposes.

For any objective person there is no reason not to doubt their 2015 promises. They'll have a similar excuse by then, and the faithfull apologists will believe them yet again.
But what will you have to complain about when Pentax releases a FF next year?
09-19-2014, 01:58 AM   #367
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
That's a bold statement for what is, after all, a subjective matter. I have a K10D and a K-3 (and a K-7 and K-5), and I find the K-3 to be ergonomically superior to the K10D. Your mileage obviously varies. I also find Pentax ergonomics preferable to Canons (and to the Nikons I own) but again, that's just me. On the other hand, reviewers often praise Pentax for their good ergonomics, so maybe it's not only just me.
All our statements here are subjective.
09-19-2014, 01:59 AM   #368
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No. He is a long term Pentax/Ricoh user. I am sure he has best interests for Pentax. It's just that sometimes Pentax needs some 'tough love', which he is willing to dispense.
Just like beating your kids and telling them they're uglier than the neighbour's is 'tough love' that's sometimes needed? I don't think so.
If criticism makes sense, OK, that's perfectly fine (as long as it's not repeated ad nauseam). But read again his latest post...

Clavius, how long do you think it takes from starting planning for development until you'd have pre-production prototypes? That would all be various stages of "under development". Besides, plans can be delayed, let's say by the competition introducing new models, market shrinking, medium format cameras getting higher priority...

09-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #369
Site Supporter

Granted: but they shouldn't be wrapped up to look like "facts" in that case.
09-19-2014, 02:31 AM   #370
ogl
Pentaxian

Take it easy.
09-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #371
Site Supporter

Of course. But when you are saying subjective things, maybe you shouldn't be quite so strong in your statements. I happen to prefer the K5/K3 camera bodies to the K10/K20 and I am glad that they don't change them every time they release a new one. My wife shoots professionally with our camera bodies -- weddings and portraits -- and she prefers them as well. For people with bigger hands, a grip may be necessary, but for those with smaller hands (there are a lot of them out there), I think the grip on the K10 was too chunky.

I feel, ogl, as though you feel like Pentax should call you up and ask you what your needs are and then just release products that you give them clearance to release. But each one of us has to deal with a bunch of products that just don't fit a particular need we have. There will always be more consumer zooms than FA limiteds.
09-19-2014, 02:54 AM   #372
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Of course. But when you are saying subjective things, maybe you shouldn't be quite so strong in your statements. I happen to prefer the K5/K3 camera bodies to the K10/K20 and I am glad that they don't change them every time they release a new one. My wife shoots professionally with our camera bodies -- weddings and portraits -- and she prefers them as well. For people with bigger hands, a grip may be necessary, but for those with smaller hands (there are a lot of them out there), I think the grip on the K10 was too chunky.

I feel, ogl, as though you feel like Pentax should call you up and ask you what your needs are and then just release products that you give them clearance to release. But each one of us has to deal with a bunch of products that just don't fit a particular need we have. There will always be more consumer zooms than FA limiteds.
K200D lays better in hand. And SR switch is on the body.

But I mean a bit diiferent things...Wrong understanding. I didn't mean that Pentax couldn't be used for professional work.

But it's not D4S. Not EOS-1DX. Am I wrong?

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 02:57 AM ----------

I don't understand why Ricoh stopped to develop new primes....I see that other brands started to offer different interesting primes. but not Ricoh. It's a pity.
I have no any other complaints to Pentax, to say honest. I like camera and lenses. I've just bought plastic-fantastic DA50/1.8. And I like it.

I see misunderstanding of my position.

As for FF - I don't understand Ricoh's policy at all.
09-19-2014, 03:06 AM   #373
Pentaxian

They didn't stop developing new primes, they're just prioritizing introduction of new zooms - for now.
09-19-2014, 03:15 AM   #374
Site Supporter

Take it easy.
I apologise if I sounded aggressive. It wasn't meant that way.
09-19-2014, 03:25 AM - 1 Like   #375
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
But what will you have to complain about when Pentax releases a FF next year?
How it isn't exactly what they want. And it costs too much. And it says Ricoh on the bottom. I'm sure there will be more.