Thank you for some on-topic info.
My pleasure - I'm the OP .

11-16-2014, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #527
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
My pleasure - I'm the OP .
Cross-posted: We have reached the nihilist extreme wherein truth becomes rebellion.
11-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #528
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Cross-posted: We have reached the nihilist extreme wherein truth becomes rebellion.
Hasn't that always been true....?
11-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #529
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Truth denies faith, one of which vanishes in a puff of logic, or something…

Apologies to Douglas Adams (not to mention the Babelfish).

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 11-16-2014 at 02:24 PM.
11-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #530
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Excellent !
If not revolution
11-18-2014, 01:28 AM   #531

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is the report from Photokina made by 'Le Monde de la Photo' ('The World of Photo', both a magazine and a website):

Ricoh : le plein format arrive - Le Monde de la Photo

A few excerpts:

"Ricoh : le plein format arrive…

C’est désormais officiel : il y a aura bien un boîtier plein format chez Ricoh Imaging. Il faudra patienter jusqu’à l’année prochaine, le projet étant en cours de développement.

(...)

Ricoh reconnaît officiellement qu’un projet est en cours de développement et qu’il sera dévoilé l’an prochain, sans préciser de période pour l’instant.
"

which, once translated into English, reads:

"Ricoh: the full frame [camera] is coming...

It's now official: there will be a full frame camera from Ricoh Imaging. You will have to wait until next year, the project being under development.

(...)

Ricoh officially recognize that a project is under development and will be unveiled next year, without specifying a time frame for now.
"

I am very much looking forward to CP+!!!
Je l'attende avec de curiosité :-)
11-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #532
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well french is a subtle language. What will you see next year ? A prototype or the commercial launch ? It doesn't say.

11-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #533
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
Well french is a subtle language. What will you see next year ? A prototype or the commercial launch ? It doesn't say.
It doesn't but it would make no sense to let pressure go up and then showing a simple prototype.
They may show prototype (I think not though) but the cam should show up in 2015.
11-18-2014, 02:16 AM   #534
Veteran Member

There are some great new sensors from Sony, I think we'll see some amazing features in this new FF camera.
11-18-2014, 02:28 AM   #535
Veteran Member

Well "next year" is still some months away.. or maybe they meant the business year? Or "year" according to an ancient Mayan calendar! Its nice to hear that Ricoh might actually produce an FF, but it will be difficult to withstand all the made up rumours and pent up frustration in the meantime

Last edited by Na Horuk; 11-18-2014 at 02:49 AM.
11-18-2014, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #536
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
...maybe they meant the business year? Or "year" according to an ancient Mayan calendar!
Or a light year
11-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #537
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Well "next year" is still some months away.. or maybe they meant the business year? Or "year" according to an ancient Mayan calendar! Its nice to hear that Ricoh might actually produce an FF, but it will be difficult to withstand all the made up rumours and pent up frustration in the meantime
My guess would be late spring/early summer. But it is just a guess. We'll see it when/if it comes, but I don't expect a lot of folks to be happy. For one thing, the price will be too high, for another thing, it won't be mirrorless with an EVF and the list of complaints will go on.
11-18-2014, 04:19 AM   #538
Veteran Member

I got an impression that people prefer normal pentaprism to EVF? Something about a more natural feeling and being able to track fast movement while shooting bursts
11-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #539
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZeljkoS Quote
I got an impression that people prefer normal pentaprism to EVF? Something about a more natural feeling and being able to track fast movement while shooting bursts
It depends on who you listen to. There is a group of folks that feel that EVFs are the wave of the future -- they have focusing aids built in, you can see more clearly in dark situations. There is another group of more traditional photographers that feel that EVFs waste battery life and that the lag they have makes them not usable.

I don't really care that much, although I do get some eye strain when I use an EVF for too long. But I think it is clear that Pentax is going to keep the K mount and use an optical viewfinder.

My point was more about the fact that people on the forum are never satisfied. There is always room to complain.
11-18-2014, 05:04 AM   #540
Veteran Member

Well plenty of rumours coming out of the Salon de la Photo in Paris. The French seem to like spilling the beans, but we shall see. If they are correct it won't be long now. Little sense in adding much though to a thread that is unreadable. If one is coming we'll know soon, if one isn't we'll know soon as well. Better just to go and take some photos with whatver you have right now, n'est-ce pas?