Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #571
ogl
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pericombobulation Quote
Looks nice, but I'm not a big fan of touchscreens. And it's not FF. I know, I know, I'm fussy. :-)
Touchscreen could be switched off. But it's rather helpful feature sometimes.

11-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #572
Pentaxian

Not on that Samsung - if you want to be able to control the camera. That interface is the complete opposite of what Pentax would do; we're talking nightmare vs. excellent.
11-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #573

Articulated screen Idea ! ! !
How about a way of sending the image to a mobile phone app via Wi-Fi or whatever ! ! ! This way you could use just about any phone or tablet and even user the camera remotely ! ! !
11-24-2014, 05:47 PM   #574
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by devouges Quote
How about a way of sending the image to a mobile phone app via Wi-Fi or whatever ! ! ! This way you could use just about any phone or tablet and even user the camera remotely ! ! !
FLU Card??

11-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #575

not sure about flu card: I mean is like something to have LiveView on a remote scrren, like an iPhone or android ! ! ! Would do away with the articulating screen need !

Would be good when you want to take an animal or bir picture but you have to be several feet away from the camera.
11-24-2014, 09:58 PM   #576
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
not sure about flu card: I mean is like something to have LiveView on a remote scrren, like an iPhone or android ! ! ! Would do away with the articulating screen need !

Would be good when you want to take an animal or bir picture but you have to be several feet away from the camera.

The K3 with the FluCard already can do that... you can manage the camera using an cell phone, tablet or computer remotely.. i think that the distance is up to 10meters...
11-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #577
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
The K3 with the FluCard already can do that... you can manage the camera using an cell phone, tablet or computer remotely.. i think that the distance is up to 10meters...
It surely can. That feature was one of the reasons I bought a K-3. While it isn't foolproof, it's a very useful thing to have in a number of situations, but it would be improved by having an incremental focus-stacking feature for macro work.
11-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #578
Site Supporter

not sure about flu card: I mean is like something to have LiveView on a remote scrren, like an iPhone or android ! ! ! Would do away with the articulating screen need ! Would be good when you want to take an animal or bir picture but you have to be several feet away from the camera.
That is what the FLU card does. There is considerable debate on whether the feature should be always included on camera or as an add on accessory like the FLU card.

11-25-2014, 03:43 AM   #579
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That is what the FLU card does. There is considerable debate on whether the feature should be always included on camera or as an add on accessory like the FLU card.
There's always debate on such matters. If you just read through this thread, you can see some people saying not only put this or that in, but also leave something else out, and others holding converse views. Pentax leaves wifi out of the K-3, but adds it as a paid extra with the FLUcard, and people still complain!

Anyway, the FLUcard definitely exists and works adequately on the K-3. Maybe in-built wifi would work better, but you can be sure that there will be a body of people complaining that they don't use it, and resent paying for it, should it appear in a future model.
11-25-2014, 05:25 AM   #580
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

By the way, Sony's 5-axis in-body stabilisation works in conjunction with in-lens stabilisation when the lens is so equipped.
Yeah I know (grimacing embarrassingly). Sony's not just lept ahead with a 35mm mirroless, they've gone "Ludicrous Speed" ! Man, I remember when folks were talking about how some day they'll make lens stabilization work in unison with sensor stabilization.

I mean this is the "Canon invents the auto focusing lens" moment for Sony. Dang ! I just hope Sony actually put a weather seal on the SD card door on this A7ii. Now we're still waitng for the Pentax 35mm DSLR over here ! Son'y just putting everyone to shame.

Pentax had better get its act together. All though I'm the biggest fan of Pentax and keep on buying lenses and accessories, The A7ii is really-pretty-freakin-awesome. BUT ! too late Sony, I've got too much Pentax stuff now.
11-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #581

Darn..... I got my K5iIS just a few weeks after the K3 was announced a year ago....... I guess I will have to wait a few years for all these new goodies. I did not know that the FLU card would enable remote control of the camera.....wow.... that is cool. I am trying to imagine myself back to last year when I installed my camera near a bird nest and took a picture every minute for an hour using time lapse...... I could have just monitored with the K3 and taken the shot when the bird arrived !
11-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #582
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Not on that Samsung - if you want to be able to control the camera. That interface is the complete opposite of what Pentax would do; we're talking nightmare vs. excellent.
Proof link, please.
11-25-2014, 08:17 AM   #583
Pentaxian

Proof... link?
Personal experience: Android interface for cameras is "nightmare". Pentax interface is "excellent". And yes, I had that Samsung in my hands, if generic Android experience isn't enough for you.

Last edited by Kunzite; 11-25-2014 at 08:27 AM.
11-25-2014, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #584
Site Supporter

It's always kind of silly, in my opinion, to proclaim something subjective, such as like or dislike of a user interface, as fact.
The K-3 is a DSLR; that is fact.
The K-3 has the best UI; that is opinion.
11-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #585
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
It's always kind of silly, in my opinion, to proclaim something subjective, such as like or dislike of a user interface, as fact.
The K-3 is a DSLR; that is fact.
The K-3 has the best UI; that is opinion.
That I hold an opinion on the subject is a fact...