Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
11-28-2014, 07:05 AM   #616
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Back to the topic... What if Pentax does bring us that FF camera. Something boring like a 24mp Sony sensor in a Pentax DSLR shill. Then what? I really think it will only move if its pricetag is very unpentaxy.
If it's just another me-too DSLR with a typical price tag then I doubt anyone will notice, apart from a few Pentax-owners with a lot of legacy lenses. The market is changing too much for all that now, I suspect. Pentax need to do different.

11-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #617
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I will never install Sony software on any device I already own. I will never purchase a Sony product (soft product or hard product) that requires me to install Sony software on any device I already own.
To reiterate and amplify:

Sony Is demonstrably untrustworthy. They weren't contrite when caught - they were arrogant. Note that since getting caught 'Sony Pictures' and 'Sony Music' as brands have little currency in the USA - Sony uses the old studio names and record labels (save Sony Pictures Classic for Art films).

A regular Sony product requiring no software will forever need to cross a higher bar to earn my purchase. If they hid something from me once, who's to say they aren't still hiding things from me now - just doing better at not getting caught?

That's the problem with getting caught.

[EDIT 11/30/2014:] Trust comes in many forms. Sony Pictures Hacked - claims entire corporate computer system completely shut down since November 24th - complete movies stolen, complete lists of Passwords stolen, employees' and actors' personal data, payroll information, contract information, medical information and even Passport images stolen.

Why on earth would I trust their software on my device?

Last edited by monochrome; 11-30-2014 at 08:01 AM.
11-28-2014, 07:44 AM   #618
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
If it's just another me-too DSLR with a typical price tag then I doubt anyone will notice, apart from a few Pentax-owners with a lot of legacy lenses. The market is changing too much for all that now, I suspect. Pentax need to do different.
But what if that boring me-too Pentax FF camera has a very interesting pricetag? Cheaper then all the other brands?
11-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #619
Pentaxian

Out of curiosity, how many units is Sony selling? I've run into a few full frame shooters around here, none with a Sony yet.

11-28-2014, 07:55 AM   #620
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Dudes. Read.

Sony Is demonstrably untrustworthy. They weren't contrite when caught - they were arrogant. Note that since getting caught 'Sony Pictures' and 'Sony Music' as brands have little currency in the USA - Sony uses the old studio names and record labels (save Sony Pictures Classic for Art films).

A regular Sony product requiring no software will forever need to cross a higher bar to earn my purchase. If they hid something from me once, who's to say they aren't still hiding things from me now - just doing better at not getting caught?

That's the problem with getting caught.
So you trust all the other brands just because they're better at hiding their dirty secrets?
11-28-2014, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #621
Veteran Member

But what if that boring me-too Pentax FF camera has a very interesting pricetag? Cheaper then all the other brands?
I don't think that would be enough. Cheaper is a race to the bottom with no way out. I don't see it myself. Anything Ricoh can do with pricing the other brands can do too, only more so since they have more volume to start with. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen of course, but if you mean really really inexpensive for FF - the kind of price the K3 is at right now, for example - then Ricoh would be blowing their entire APS-C business out of the water at the same time. Who knows. If FF became that inexpensive, I think you'd have to argue that Ricoh's current price cuts are a deliberate move to sell out their stock of APS-C products before switching almost entirely to FF, perhaps with the exception of the K-S1 level and a few consumer zooms like the new 16-85mm and plastic fantastics like the DA 50mm f1.8.

I've no idea and nor does anyone else. However, it's difficult to see a "me too" FF DSLR attracting much attention by this stage in the game. Just my 2 cents et al.

Last edited by mecrox; 11-28-2014 at 08:08 AM.
11-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #622
Pentaxian

So you trust all the other brands just because they're better at hiding their dirty secrets?
He certainly cannot be a Microsoft, Facebook, or Google user.

11-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #623
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
He certainly cannot be a Microsoft,
No. My company uses an in-house highly-customized version of Win7 Enterprise.
Facebook,
NEVER.
or Google
No.
user.
12-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #624

I think I'll wait one more season to see if a FF Pentax becomes a reality. I like the format of the latest Sony A7 ii but I have no Sony lenses! Nikon are also producing an ever widening range of FFs some of which are close in price to a K3. But I have no Nikon lenses! Please hurry Pentax or soon I will have to get some of these other lenses and part company with my Pentax bodies!
12-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #625

I really like the slanted top on the photo of the MZ-D Steve shared.
12-10-2014, 03:16 AM   #626

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
I don't believe the French...
Don't believe Lithuanian's either...
12-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #627
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bluelemon Quote
Don't believe Lithuanian's either...
and you wright (:
As from I’m not Lithuanian ((((((:
12-10-2014, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #628

I passed. K7 ........K5.........K3(maybe).......but, will I be able to fund a KFF.....?.. at 82 will I live to see it?
12-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #629

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmackie Quote
I passed. K7 ........K5.........K3(maybe).......but, will I be able to fund a KFF.....?.. at 82 will I live to see it?
If I am the manager of Pentax/RICOH. I will definitely make one for you.
I passed .....k5...... and cannot wait, just got k3, so impatient.
12-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #630

wow this is great news.but still im very happy with my K3