Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

This is great news to the dozens of Pentaxians still out there :P

09-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is the report from Photokina made by 'Le Monde de la Photo' ('The World of Photo', both a magazine and a website):

Ricoh : le plein format arrive - Le Monde de la Photo

A few excerpts:

"Ricoh : le plein format arrive…

C’est désormais officiel : il y a aura bien un boîtier plein format chez Ricoh Imaging. Il faudra patienter jusqu’à l’année prochaine, le projet étant en cours de développement.

(...)

Ricoh reconnaît officiellement qu’un projet est en cours de développement et qu’il sera dévoilé l’an prochain, sans préciser de période pour l’instant.
"

which, once translated into English, reads:

"Ricoh: the full frame [camera] is coming...

It's now official: there will be a full frame camera from Ricoh Imaging. You will have to wait until next year, the project being under development.

(...)

Ricoh officially recognize that a project is under development and will be unveiled next year, without specifying a time frame for now.
"

I am very much looking forward to CP+!!!
Is FF under development or under engineering or both?
09-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So I guess I won't be selling my FA*24 then! Good thing my Sigma 24-60 and my DA*55 work on full frame too.
09-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Darn, like two days after I give up and decide to go for an A7r this Christmas... now what do I do? Pentax is determined to ruin my life.
Well, do you like shooting with the Sony? Do you like the files out of it? Does it feel comfortable in the hand? If so, why would you want to switch to Pentax again?

With all this Photokina madness going on it may also be good to realize that raving about flashy new gear has nothing to do with actually taking photos.

edit: ah, you don't have the Sony yet. But it's still the same story: do you like it enough?

09-16-2014, 10:20 AM - 7 Likes   #20
Veteran Member

It's so considerate of Ricoh to give the whole Pentax is Doomed crowd a whole year to set their expectations too high (100 megapickles, ISO one zillion, $40 at Best Buy, etc..) so that they can be disappointed at the launch.
09-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #21

Photos: Albums
This better be true, id love to own a FF camera from Pentax
09-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Steve, I thought (and correct me if I am wrong) the failure in the MZ-D was primarily (or may be partly) due to the failure of the Philips sensor at that time; why they chose that sensor, don't know?
Because in 2000 it was the only sensor available. It had previously been used in digital backs for medium format cameras. Contax went ahead with the Contax N...

Contax N Digital Review

QuoteQuote:
Even though the Contax N Digital failed in most markets, hopefully Contax will bounce back and bring to out a second generation digital SLR; something that owners of Contax 35mm lenses and 645 cameras look forward to with anticipation (myself included).
I hope he didn't hold his breath.

09-16-2014, 10:23 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
We usually get the dSLR flagship in the spring.
It's kinda been that way since the *ist-D.

Besides...everything is now refreshed.

When it finally comes....oh boy....I will be buying 3 for me, and more for my team.

I've been putting off kitting out my teams for this!!!

09-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Well, I'll be damned.
09-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There are now two official statements on Ricoh Imaging France's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/RicohImagingFrance/photos/a.178493646009.136958.172...tal_comments=3

Ricoh Imaging France Le full frame est en développement en ce moment même ! Nous vous tiendrons informés sur cette page !

The full frame [camera] is under development right now! We will keep you posted on this page!

Ricoh Imaging France Grande nouvelle qui va ravir ceux qui attendaient un PENTAX full Frame : le développement du produit est lancé !

Great news that will delight those who expected a full frame PENTAX [camera]: product development has been launched!
09-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The article when translated seems to make an assumption that FF is coming based on the two lens design prototypes.

There is no official quote cited.

The unicorn hunt continues...
09-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #27

This fits nicely With my Upgrade plans. I intended to Upgrade from my K5 Next Autumn.
09-16-2014, 10:32 AM - 3 Likes   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When/If Pentax FF is released, I'm curious to see how many Pentaxians will put their money where their whiny mouths have been...
09-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Yesssss !!!!!
09-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There are now two official statements on Ricoh Imaging France's Facebook page:
I really, really hope their FB Page hasn't been hacked.