Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
Sounds good.
But odd there would be first word via Facebook...?
First word was between French people at Photokina (Le Monde de la Photo's journalist and presumably some guy from Ricoh Imaging France which are Ricoh Imaging's head office for Europe). Second word came from Ricoh Imaging France on Facebook. Both were reported back here by a Frenchman (yours truly).

This is a French conspiracy!

09-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
How many here will refuse to buy the Pentax FF in a modified K-s1 body, we wonders?
They better put it in a professional body....
09-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Seriously guys, if they were confirming it, why do it just to one French magazine? And this Ricoh France, is it really Ricoh or some local distributor who's relying on rumors too?
09-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well hold on folks. For those of us that speak French it is actually just inference. On peut imaginer qu'il s'agit probablement........de 24mm par 36mm doesn't quite reconcile with an unsubstantiated 'official' recognition that full frame is on the way. What the article actually says is what everyone else has said - 'we think they look like full frame lenses'. That's quite different to being official. Surely though it would be fruitless for Ricoh top bods to dodge the questions this time when they are presented.

09-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #65

a mirrorless FF camera?
09-16-2014, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #66
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Seriously guys, if they were confirming it, why do it just to one French magazine? And this Ricoh France, is it really Ricoh or some local distributor who's relying on rumors too?
Ricoh Imaging France is a 100% subsidiary and the European headquarters of Ricoh Imaging.
09-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #67
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Steve, I thought (and correct me if I am wrong) the failure in the MZ-D was primarily (or may be partly) due to the failure of the Philips sensor at that time; why they chose that sensor, don't know?
That is what I said. As for their choice of sensor, there were not a lot of options at the time.

Steve

09-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #68
Veteran Member

You guys wasting your time talking - there is couple of fa*80-200 on ebuy yet..... 1100 - 1300$ each... if you'll no hurry I buy all of it and once FF comes out i'll sell it for 2000 (at least)
09-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
First word was between French people at Photokina (Le Monde de la Photo's journalist and presumably some guy from Ricoh Imaging France which are Ricoh Imaging's head office for Europe). Second word came from Ricoh Imaging France on Facebook. Both were reported back here by a Frenchman (yours truly).

This is a French conspiracy!
In other words nothing at all official.
09-16-2014, 11:22 AM   #70
mee
Veteran Member

This is the kind of French Connection I can enjoy... but why release this level of news on the French Ricoh Imaging Facebook page initially? Why isn't that news splashed over Photokina? Seems like a lost opportunity.
09-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
When/If Pentax FF is released, I'm curious to see how many Pentaxians will put their money where their whiny mouths have been...
Not many.
Pentaxians will be Pentax' doom.
09-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #72
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I have a sneaky feeling all my Ladies may have just increased in value.
09-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
How many here will refuse to buy the Pentax FF in a modified K-s1 body, we wonders?
Bad dream...very bad dream...

Just kidding

Steve
09-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #74
Pentaxian

Asahi Man at DP:
Under development... in good old Nikon and Pentax speak,it means,is in production.
I am sure,we see the camera in 6 till 8 month.
Now we have the 2 new lenses for fullframe and March,April we hold it in the hand.
Later than the body in the other hand.
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr Orloff Quote
Well hold on folks. For those of us that speak French it is actually just inference. On peut imaginer qu'il s'agit probablement........de 24mm par 36mm doesn't quite reconcile with an unsubstantiated 'official' recognition that full frame is on the way. What the article actually says is what everyone else has said - 'we think they look like full frame lenses'. That's quite different to being official. Surely though it would be fruitless for Ricoh top bods to dodge the questions this time when they are presented.
So probably....
The last thing we need around here is more unsubstantiated rumors about FF. Pentaxians have already endured so much disappointment and heartache. These rumors hurt the Pentax reputation and create anxiety and discord. I will never forgive or forget that Pentax Russia FF rumor. Confirmation please!