Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why didn't I see that? I know what probablement means, I'm Canadian. I guess the joy of not hearing, seeing or smelling any (and they smell really bad) "Pentax has to make a Full Frame" threads, overcame me. I guess they''d only be replaced by Pentax has to make a better Full Frame" threads, and what do you want to see in the next Full Frame" threads, which will probably smell equally bad. Like smelly old cheese.

Last edited by normhead; 09-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.
09-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
This is the kind of French Connection I can enjoy... but why release this level of news on the French Ricoh Imaging Facebook page initially? Why isn't that news splashed over Photokina? Seems like a lost opportunity.
Maybe because the European headquarters of Pentax moved from Germany to France in the late 2000s and, there being still some kind of rivalry between Ricoh Imaging Deutschland and Ricoh Imaging France, the French people were too happy to spill the beans during Photokina?

Maybe because (i) the official communication during Photokina is locked by people from Japan and (ii) Ricoh European staff wanted to spread the news and the Japanese did not?

Who knows?
09-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #78
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is what I said. As for their choice of sensor, there were not a lot of options at the time.

Steve
Well, I guess they tried to be the first out of market at that time and failed. It goes to show that being (or trying to be) the first is not always a good thing. I remember the days with the competition between beta and VHS tapes.. sorry, I digress.
09-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So, you mean to say... there is a French connection ?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
First word was between French people at Photokina (Le Monde de la Photo's journalist and presumably some guy from Ricoh Imaging France which are Ricoh Imaging's head office for Europe). Second word came from Ricoh Imaging France on Facebook. Both were reported back here by a Frenchman (yours truly).

This is a French conspiracy!

---------- Post added 09-16-14 at 01:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

Who knows?
Maybe some sort of Pentax bonhomie merged with French nationalism and they decided they would speak to the French Pentax magazine first... As a kind of professional curtsey.

All the rest of the camera world can go suck ball heads.

+ I meant 'courtesy' and not 'curtsey' If WWIII starts, it will be due to some insult offered by auto-correct...

Last edited by Tan68; 09-16-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: inappropriate language
09-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #80
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I know what probablement means, I'm Canadian.
But does it mean the same thing in French as in Quebecois?

Steve
09-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #81
Pentaxian

I don't trust a site named "lemon de la photo". PentaxIsStillDoomed!
(Thanks, Mistral, I'd say we're getting close - the two lenses have the "full frame" look ).
09-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
So, you mean to say... there is a French connection ?
The French are trying to get the jump on the Russians, but the Russians have already missed the target on their rumour by 3 months and counting. Maybe in another 3 months the Aussies can claim a Full Frame is coming... we need to spread the rumours around, national pride is at stake when it comes to getting it right. We Canadians, no one tells us anything.. we'll never have a good guess. Just to keep things alice, someone has to step up to the plate and start a new rumour, and take their share of humiliation when it doesn't come true. It wouldn't be fair for one country to have to shoulder all the humiliation alone. Uf we are all humiliated together it will hurt each one of us a lot less.

The French said "in 2015", the expire date for that rumour is avery long way away. Hopefully someone will be more precise and launch a new one, before this rumour expires.

09-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #83
Veteran Member

I don't trust the French either, but at the same time I have slowly preparing for this eventuality, by collecting F/Fa and other FF lenses replacing them with my DA ones. I sold my Sigma DC 10-20mm f4-5.6 in favor of the Sigma 12-24mm, which under-performs on crop sensor but should improve on the full frame. As for the prices of the FA and FF limited going up, I speculate right before the FF comes on the market Pentax will refresh their FA limited line with at a minimum new HD coatings (Aero/Ghostless or whatever they've got cooking nowadays). That should help budget conscious buyers with their purchases.
09-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #84
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
But does it mean the same thing in French as in Quebecois?

Steve
Pretty much, do they always shrug their shoulders when they say it in French? They do in Quebecois.
09-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
To change "Pentax FF rumors" on "Kate MIddleton's pregnancy rumors" and no one will notice the difference
Anyway, if it's true, I better not to buy any camera for a while...
09-16-2014, 11:47 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The French are trying to get the jump on the Russians, but the Russians have already missed the target on their rumour by 3 months and counting. Maybe in another 3 months the Aussies can claim a Full Frame is coming... we need to spread the rumours around, national pride is at stake when it comes to getting it right. ...
Your comment has me envisioning a world map
Map on a wall in a busy control room
Different parts of the world turning red
Red spreading.. joining other red...

This all sounds like Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman
We got to find the source of the contagion and develop a vaccine
Can't be fruit monkeys, this time. Probably chimps...
09-16-2014, 11:54 AM - 2 Likes   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
Can't be fruit monkeys, this time. Probably chimps...
I'm going with Sea Monkeys
09-16-2014, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #88
Forum Member

Why do I feel like this is another one of these situations?

09-16-2014, 12:06 PM - 2 Likes   #89
Forum Member

Yes, I want to believe in FF.
Attached Images

09-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Why do I have the feeling that French will now be blamed for the doom of Pentax!?

Last edited by mrNewt; 09-16-2014 at 12:24 PM.