Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #406
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Is that so?!? Cool! Point be to where they confirmed that they're still developing primes please. Can't see any on the roadmap.
Point me to where they confirmed that they stopped developing primes please. You (or ogl for that matter) cannot make such statements without having inside knowledge i.e. knowing that Ricoh/Pentax actually stopped developing primes. Not knowing what a public roadmap is, is no excuse.

---------- Post added 19-09-14 at 07:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The cameras you mention as professional cameras are ones that I would describe as sports cameras. I do not think Pentax will venture into that area of the market, even if they release full frame. Slower frame rate, decent auto focus are what we are looking at. But most people, even professionals, do not need cameras at the level of the EOS-1DX or D4S. Even most of Nikon and Canon's options are not specified at those camera's levels.
He's just moving the goalpost from the 7D to much more expensive cameras, because he's unable to defend his initial claim.

---------- Post added 19-09-14 at 07:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
slow and big zooms - for what?
Since when f/2.8 is slow for a zoom?

09-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #407
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Point me to where they confirmed that they stopped developing primes please. You (or ogl for that matter) cannot make such statements without having inside knowledge i.e. knowing that Ricoh/Pentax actually stopped developing primes. Not knowing what a public roadmap is, is no excuse.
Pffff... But YOU can make a statement that they are still developing prime lenses without having any inside knowledge?!? Well, they're not releasing any prime lenses since a loooonngg time.
09-19-2014, 09:32 AM   #408
Pentaxian

discontinued

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 08:34 AM ----------

Ricoh Imaging still has DA 14 in stock....
smcP DA 14mm f/2.8 ED AL (IF) | Pentax Webstore

I think you should take a good break ogl.
09-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #409
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
And EUE 539 at FotoPrisma.
With the Euro lower right now, that's better than the current Adorama special offer of USD 796.95.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/273275-pentax-lens-...ml#post2944518

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 11:35 AM ----------

I tell the truth. I can't buy this lens in Russia.
Sounds like those Polish apples!

09-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #410
Pentaxian

Pffff... But YOU can make a statement that they are still developing prime lenses without having any inside knowledge?!? Well, they're not releasing any prime lenses since a loooonngg time.
My only claim is that ogl's claim is completely baseless.
09-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #411
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
And EUE 539 at FotoPrisma.

Sounds like those Polish apples!
Thank you for info. I was misled by Russian distributor.

I prefer Krasnodar apples, it's cheaper and much more delicious. And it rots, it means that it's 100% natural.
Polish is long-term storage and not tasty.
09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #412
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they're not releasing any prime lenses since a loooonngg time.
It may not be a major change to you, but changing the coating on Limited prime lenses is releasing something new, and in terms of lenses for a mount that has been around for almost 40 years, less than 13 months is not a very long time at all. Bottom line, if anyone feels that Pentax is behind the curve in releasing new products, they should switch their disposable income to a different brand. When you purchased a Pentax lens or camera, it didn't come with a pledge to replace that product with something new as quickly or quicker than the rest of the industry. In fact, the major selling point of Pentax products is how they become obsolete at a slower pace than many competitive products. If you purchased Pentax products for reasons that the manufacturer didn't intend, you can't blame the manufacturer if their products fail to meet your unintentional needs.

09-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #413
ogl
Banned

Is Ricoh developing new primes? If you know, tell us, please...
09-19-2014, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #414
Veteran Member

Your claim was as follows:

They didn't stop developing new primes, they're just prioritizing introduction of new zooms - for now.
So, I ask again, from what do you derive that interesting claim? The last prime was released back in 2009. I'm not expecting an answer though.
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #415
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you for info. I was misled by Russian distributor.

(...).
It's indeed a problem with your local distributor since, on Ricoh Imaging's Japanese website, the lens is listed among the wide angle lenses currently sold:

Wide-Angle Lenses / K-mount Lenses / Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING

and is not listed among those that are discontinued:

Discontinued Lens for Digital single-lens reflex camera / Lens lineup/ Lenses / Products | RICOH IMAGING
09-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #416
Pentaxian

If we get a FF, I'm sure the FA Limiteds will get a refresh.
09-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #417
Pentaxian

FF is coming so there will be a revival of wide angle primes 20mm F2.8, 24mm F2 and 28mm F2 and 35mm F2. all DFA.
09-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #418
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
FF is coming so there will be a revival of wide angle primes 20mm F2.8, 24mm F2 and 28mm F2 and 35mm F2. all DFA.
I agree, updating their older FA series would be plenty for Pentax engineers to work on, Now If they can only time each release with my b-days I'd be extremely grateful.
09-19-2014, 11:05 AM   #419
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I tell the truth. I can't buy this lens in Russia.
Leave Russia.

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 03:08 PM ----------

We have only TWO slow primes for wide-angle - DA15/4 and 21/3.2 - the both have weak corners.

What are they THINKING?!!!!
Pancakes. Portability. Compactness. Usability. Money.

These are very small lenses. They have less materials and less distribution costs. No internal motors so far less warranty accrual.

They serve a market not served by other brands.

I think you are with the wrong brand. Maybe in the wrong country :-)
09-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #420
Veteran Member

Pentax launched a prime lens in February 2013. DA 560mm.