Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 10:41 PM   #451
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

The 1D is not really that big (forced perspective), but it is a double handful. The D800 is a little smaller, but still formidable.

Steve
Uhhmmm. Yeah. I was kidding. It was, like, a joke

09-20-2014, 01:08 AM   #452
Veteran Member

We (at Reviewed.com Cameras) talked to Jim Malcolm at Photokina and got an interesting semi-confirmation of full-frame development. You can see it here: Ricoh Confirms Development of Full-Frame Pentax DSLR - Reviewed.com Cameras
09-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #453
Pentaxian

Hummm... confirmation is interesting.
Actually, wondering why such a hype for Full Frame...
This one is now 50 years old

09-20-2014, 03:07 AM   #454
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No. This lens couldn't be ordered anymore. I tried to buy this lens on 2012, 2013. The official Pentax dealer refused
Well, I checked that it's still on the brand new road map before I wrote that comment... but I don't find it in any Norwegian stores either.

09-20-2014, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #455
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
Joke... at least only at the expense of the camera
Not nice to make a joke about the small head
09-20-2014, 08:47 AM   #456
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
Joke... at least only at the expense of the camera
Hahaha. I would never do that but...

Wait a minute...

OMG!!! What if his head us actually unusually large? That would mean, even with the forced perspective, a FF camera is even bigger than I initially thought. Ginormously, humungously, huge!!!

I don't want a forced perspective FF camera as big as a large headed man's noggin!!!

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 09-20-2014 at 01:38 PM.
09-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #457
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
We have are all serious here and have no humor. It is fact.

Steve

---------- Post added 09-20-14 at 09:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote

ROFL!!!

Steve

09-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #458
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i also had a talk with a rep.(Vito Aurora) at photokina, when i started to talk about my FF desires... he told me to look at the new lenses and smiled a big smile. i asked him 2015? And he sayed something like: 'You can reckon that it will be there!"
09-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #459
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Guys and Gals - we just have to wait.

We sort of know but we won't know know until a couple weeks before we actually know. It might be a little sooner - it might be a little later, but my guess is announced late April / early May and released mid to late June. Lenses more in the February / March window. There's also possibly another 645 zoom coming.

This all fits with what I postulated last year about this time. That once Ricoh starts releasing it will be one after another after another - a constant barrage of products in Q, APSc, FF and 645. That way they're on DPReview front page every couple weeks, they're constantly in the news getting free review press, they're building the name and reputation and EVERYTHING is a surprise. Who cares about Trade Shows - they're so - 90's!

It's a constant, Whoa! Another lens? Another camera? Boom. Boom. BOOM BOOM. Boom. BOOM BOOM. Boom Boom BOOM! Q-S1; K-S1; WG-M1. Lens prototypes. Then there will be K-50 revision. HD re-releases when inventory clears - constant re-releases / updates possible there. Maybe an accessory now and then.

Imagine three years of that.
09-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #460
Pentaxian

Original Poster
My guess is we will see a big splash from Ricoh at CP+ in February. It's 'their' Photokina, you know.
09-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #461
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
My guess is we will see a big splash from Ricoh at CP+ in February. It's 'their' Photokina, you know.
Well that's where I was going but the bruise from K-01 still shows.
09-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #462
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Guys and Gals - we just have to wait.

We sort of know but we won't know know until a couple weeks before we actually know. It might be a little sooner - it might be a little later, but my guess is announced late April / early May and released mid to late June. Lenses more in the February / March window. There's also possibly another 645 zoom coming.

This all fits with what I postulated last year about this time. That once Ricoh starts releasing it will be one after another after another - a constant barrage of products in Q, APSc, FF and 645. That way they're on DPReview front page every couple weeks, they're constantly in the news getting free review press, they're building the name and reputation and EVERYTHING is a surprise. Who cares about Trade Shows - they're so - 90's!

It's a constant, Whoa! Another lens? Another camera? Boom. Boom. BOOM BOOM. Boom. BOOM BOOM. Boom Boom BOOM! Q-S1; K-S1; WG-M1. Lens prototypes. Then there will be K-50 revision. HD re-releases when inventory clears - constant re-releases / updates possible there. Maybe an accessory now and then.

Imagine three years of that.
I also think that this is the scenario. I'm not shore that will be so late, maybe earlier, a couple of month, but regardless of date, the fact is that we begin to see signs of a new face of Pentax.

About the fall of sales of DSLR, I think that the times of boom , between 2006 and 2011, was a period when the market was hungry of this products, and now the figures turns back a smaller and more stable level.

The mirrorless cameras in this regard is not a new technology. Still we have to change lenses, big or small, still the sensor are the same, and the difference between them are not big, and, in my opinion, mirrorless will not replace DSLR in such a big proportion, to make the last obsolete. At least, not until a new, game changing technology will come to market.
09-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
The mirrorless cameras in this regard is not a new technology. .
Not having a mirror on a camera is no more technology than not having wings on a car.
The first camera invented was mirrorless.
09-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #464
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Not having a mirror on a camera is no more technology than not having wings on a car.
But it did have a "viewfinder". Of sorts.

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 09-20-2014 at 11:56 PM.
09-20-2014, 05:16 PM   #465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I can call a new technology something like negative difraction glass, flexible lenses, or a new type of sensor, like the rumored Canon five layer sensors. Mirrorless is a new approach of essentially the same technology, IMO. Even EVF is before the first mirrorless digital ILC was made.