Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 172 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #466
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Even EVF is before the first mirrorless digital ILC was made.
That 1" thing I had on my RCA shoulder-mount VHS camcorder in 1986?

09-21-2014, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #467
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Here's a quote from a fella at rangefinder forum:

"Here's some info for you guys. The FF is coming in 2015, in testing now. There will be a whole new line up of lens to accompany it, including new Limited. My friend is an engineer of Ricoh Japan."

The rumors for the upcoming FF are old, but I'm interested in the "whole new lineup of lens to accompany it" . I'm beyond excited.

Original post:Ricoh Confirms Plans for "Full Frame" Pentax DSLR - Page 2 - Rangefinderforum.com

Another quote from a user which I liked:

"Don't wait. The Canon 5D/ii/iii/6D etc are great full frame cameras for M42 lenses.
I've used my old Takumars and Zeiss M42's for years now on both 5D and 5Dii.
Really great!

I want to try the Pentax as well and will get this FF body when available.
I also have K and M lenses. Having auto aperture linkage and hopefully IBIS will be great.
Again.... I really like the Color aesthetic of Pentax and Ricoh Sensor output. The RAWs just look better than any other Bayer sensor right out of the camera. Canon does not have that although it's also quite good."
09-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #468
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stavri Quote
Here's a quote from a fella at rangefinder forum:

"Here's some info for you guys. The FF is coming in 2015, in testing now. There will be a whole new line up of lens to accompany it, including new Limited. My friend is an engineer of Ricoh Japan."

The rumors for the upcoming FF are old, but I'm interested in the "whole new lineup of lens to accompany it" . I'm beyond excited.

Original post:Ricoh Confirms Plans for "Full Frame" Pentax DSLR - Page 2 - Rangefinderforum.com

Another quote from a user which I liked:

"Don't wait. The Canon 5D/ii/iii/6D etc are great full frame cameras for M42 lenses.
I've used my old Takumars and Zeiss M42's for years now on both 5D and 5Dii.
Really great!

I want to try the Pentax as well and will get this FF body when available.
I also have K and M lenses. Having auto aperture linkage and hopefully IBIS will be great.
Again.... I really like the Color aesthetic of Pentax and Ricoh Sensor output. The RAWs just look better than any other Bayer sensor right out of the camera. Canon does not have that although it's also quite good."
most likely another attention hooo ... how many of these testers we have had in the past, before photokina?

even 645z, how many 'tester' out there before the camera available? that guy is lying.
09-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #469
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Maybe not. That would be fun

09-21-2014, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #470
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Who cares about Trade Shows - they're so - 90's!
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
About the fall of sales of DSLR, I think that the times of boom , between 2006 and 2011, was a period when the market was hungry of this products, and now the figures turns back a smaller and more stable level.
Trade shows in all industries are shrinking and even closing. They are not, at this time, the major marketing driving force they once were. Many reasons for this including travel cost and availability of product information on the internet. Add that to the fact that the camera market is shrinking, economy is less than robust, speed of technological change (in camera tech) is slowing, the current cameras are far more than most people need and you get a slowing product cycle. It is not as important to have your camera model of the year released at Photokina any more because the life cycle is longer than a year.

Ricoh is in a better position to handle this change than Canon or Nikon whose whole business model is based on pumping out new models to sell to the gadget happy 'must have newest model' crowd. Right now conservative is the way to stay profitable. In a different market that philosophy might be a problem but right now I think Ricoh has the right idea. Develop slowly, release products that are actually an improvement and keep a pipeline of announcements going all year. No big splash at Photokina? I do not think they cared, it's now how they work.
10-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #471

Pentax FF must be big

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Remember! You read it first here folk!

With any luck it will take less time to bring to market than the original Pentax FF MZ-D prototype.*

Steve

* The MZ-D was announced at Photokina in the year 2000 and was never brought to market due (apparently) to issues with the chosen 6 Mpx Philips sensor. Yes, the year 2000, fully 14 years ago.

I like FF but already bought in Japan auction a Prestige K3, too bad, also new to Pentax. I know that even the prestige is rather small compare to 7D same as 550D w/battery pack, the spec are better but the size is smaller, so I would like to see a Pentax FF at the size of 6D not 7D (the best size, not to big not too small) so it can proclaim the market with it.

Just a thought
10-17-2014, 05:00 AM   #472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Trade shows in all industries are shrinking and even closing.
Photokina is doo...

10-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #473
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
even 645z, how many 'tester' out there before the camera available? that guy is lying.
I wish they really had a cadre of field testers for their new cameras and lenses. Maybe they do indeed have a few in Japan or something, but they should go further afield. I would happily help them out. Discretion assured.
10-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #474
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
most likely another attention hooo ... how many of these testers we have had in the past, before photokina?

There are prototype testers. Of course, they are covered by an NDA.

If they say they know, they don't know. If they do know and they say they know, they'll never know again.

So the absence of proof of anyone saying they know is actually proof a FF is coming in 2015.*

* From time to time there will be ONE post buried in an unrelated thread by a tester who will never follow up. I saw three of those before the K5II and K5IIs which were dismissed as clearly bogus, since why would Pentax release a mild update of an existing camera when everyone knew a complete upgrade was right around the corner.
10-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #475
Pentaxian

There are prototype testers. Of course, they are covered by an NDA.

If they say they know, they don't know. If they do know and they say they know, they'll never know again.

So the absence of proof of anyone saying they know is actually proof a FF is coming in 2015.*

* From time to time there will be ONE post buried in an unrelated thread by a tester who will never follow up. I saw three of those before the K5II and K5IIs which were dismissed as clearly bogus, since why would Pentax release a mild update of an existing camera when everyone knew a complete upgrade was right around the corner.
I don't know why those guys post here at all, their posts get buried in pile of un-informed scepticism. Do the community a favour and give them a heads up, what's your reward, 90% of the forum says they don't believe you and go to great lengths to argue with your posts.That's why the don't com back, actually knowing something real about Pentax on this forum is a curse. You can see only too clearly what the sceptics are doing. It's gotta be distressing.
10-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #476
Pentaxian

I guess Donald Rumsfeld would have called those "known unknowns" and "unknown knowns".
10-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #477
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
I guess Donald Rumsfeld would have called those "known unknowns" and "unknown knowns".
Much as I hated the guy... he was a talented man with a phrase.
10-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Not having a mirror on a camera is no more technology than not having wings on a car.
The first camera invented was mirrorless.
i agree with that. and i would love to see some new mirror technology also(for example: getting translucent instead of flipping. or a better implementation of the tech in Sonys A99) interchangeable mirrorboxes would also be cool. (3rd party producers could produce mirror boxes that bring us infinite focus with old Canon glass.) Furthermore there could be modules, that have no mirror at all but technology (CPU more mem, what the heck do i know?) and therefore allow higher framerates. All weathersealed of course.
That would also be convenient when it comes to repair something or change parts.

And BTW, link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnF2yua4KIw#t=120
and link:
AeroMobil: Flying car
10-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #479

I do have a feeling that the new FF camera would not be a Pentax.
It just might be a FF Ricoh GR.

PS - First post BTW.
10-29-2014, 03:35 PM   #480
Veteran Member

I was about to give you a 'like' for your first post and then I saw I didn't like your idea.