Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #646
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,594
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
The light diverted to the autofocus sensors must be a significant factor as well.
True. None of my film cameras needed to deal with any AF 'light-stealing'.

10-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #647
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,509
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
That would be cool if that was the differenciating spec of coming FF: a huge VF
It would be quite logical, actually, since they've already shown a non compromise attitude by putting pentaprisms in beginner's cameras.
10-24-2014, 05:08 AM   #648
Site Supporter
Aristophanes's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,790
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
It would be quite logical, actually, since they've already shown a non compromise attitude by putting pentaprisms in beginner's cameras.
And the K-500/50 have dual control wheels.

Sadly the K-S1 "forget" that at home.
10-24-2014, 05:53 AM   #649
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,728
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
It they where really practical, everybody would instantly see the difference between FF shoots and APSC shoots, regardless of apperture, isos, speed. Most of time through, compare A4 prints (8x12") and you'll not be able to see any difference. It is not like we were speaking something substencial like FF vs 8"x10" where the 8"x10" would really have and edge (even today with film).
I can clearly see the difference between APS-C and FF photos shot with low light.

10-24-2014, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #650
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,772
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I can clearly see the difference between APS-C and FF photos shot with low light.
But I hate them both, FF shot in low light and APS-c shot in low light... I refuse to speculate on which I might like more. Once you get to a certain level of noise, it can become kind of campy.. where more might be preferable. But I don't do that style, so I'm just speculating.
10-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #651
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dubai
Photos: Albums
Posts: 25
They brought the price of K-3 down to now $896.95... FF soon to be out maybe?
10-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #652
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,892
Usually the manufacturers will try to move heaven and earth to push up a product to make it out before Christmas.

If they planned to have it out for christmas they would've announced it by now... or very very soon, and we don't have any rumors to that effect.

Since they couldn't compress timing to before Christmas, I would expect a Spring launch at the earliest.
10-24-2014, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #653
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,553
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But I hate them both, FF shot in low light and APS-c shot in low light... I refuse to speculate on which I might like more. Once you get to a certain level of noise, it can become kind of campy.. where more might be preferable. But I don't do that style, so I'm just speculating.
Come on ! You can choose between very noisy, subject fully in focus (with same level of noise for APSC and FF as APSC can be kept more open) or not noisy but mostly out of focus with wide apperture ! With APSC you get a little more in focus and a little more noisy while with FF you get a little less in focus and a little less noisy !

That's game changer

10-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #654
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,772
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Come on ! You can choose between very noisy, subject fully in focus (with same level of noise for APSC and FF as APSC can be kept more open) or not noisy but mostly out of focus with wide apperture ! With APSC you get a little more in focus and a little more noisy while with FF you get a little less in focus and a little less noisy !

That's game changer
Choose which one I hate more? hmmm... why would I do that?

Which do you like best, being hit in the head by a hammer, or being hit in the head by a baseball bat?
10-24-2014, 11:32 AM   #655
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,553
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I can clearly see the difference between APS-C and FF photos shot with low light.
A few low light shoots, would you get the APSC or FF ones ?















Last edited by Nicolas06; 10-24-2014 at 11:51 AM.
10-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #656
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 401
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxino Quote
They brought the price of K-3 down to now $896.95... FF soon to be out maybe?
Agreed, they certainly seem to be milking K-3 sales now in preparation for the next K-mount release. Either K-3 replacement or FF (the latter is the more likely, all things considered, methinks)

QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
Usually the manufacturers will try to move heaven and earth to push up a product to make it out before Christmas.

If they planned to have it out for christmas they would've announced it by now... or very very soon, and we don't have any rumors to that effect.

Since they couldn't compress timing to before Christmas, I would expect a Spring launch at the earliest.
Also agreed. The proximity of Christmas makes a 2014 announcement highly unlikely.
10-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #657
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,494
Yep to all - plus I think Ricoh seems to release bodies, especially, but anything -- when it is ready for release, and not before.
10-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #658
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yep to all - plus I think Ricoh seems to release bodies, especially, but anything -- when it is ready for release, and not before.
I see that as a very good thing!
10-24-2014, 02:35 PM - 2 Likes   #659
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,892
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
expect a Spring launch
You said 'spring launch'.

10-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #660
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 985
I believe there will be a FF camera next year. I think that's what those unofficially announced lenses are for in Photokina and I'm sure those who can wait will like it. Still there will be those who will continue to have negative opinions about Pentax/Ricoh even if they come up with the FF product.

However, I would wish Pentax/Ricoh would keep us (those who opt to stay with APS-C) happy. I would like to see a K-3II without the mirror flap problem, a successor of the K-50 with high mega pixel sensor and with a possible battery grip option. Sensors for both that would be usable at 6400 on low light conditions.

Maybe this will make us all happy.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, development, dslr, engineers, ff, full-frame, gallery, hands-on, idea, information, lens, lenses, market, mirrorless, model, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photographyblog, photos, price, sensor, tc, tcs, telephoto, thread, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One more time, but in a funny way: Crop Sensors vs Full Frame carlosodze Pentax Full Frame 32 10-16-2014 01:15 PM
From Full-Frame Sony... to Pentax... to Full-Frame Canon Mr_Canuck Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 42 01-21-2014 12:50 AM
Full frame or no full frame.... Deedee Pentax K-3 14 10-08-2013 05:39 AM
Vivitar flash no fire, no smoke either! telfish Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 10 04-15-2011 08:48 PM
Need more megapix? Future possibilities and no need for full frame! rburgoss Pentax DSLR Discussion 57 10-16-2008 03:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top