Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can understand why competitors and haters would post and argue on a Forum such as this - but why do the fans and brand lovers respond to them?

10-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #497
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I can understand why competitors and haters would post and argue on a Forum such as this - but why do the fans and brand lovers respond to them?
Because we can...
10-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #498
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
but why do the fans and brand lovers respond to them?
Well, as you all know, I am very taciturn; but on rare occasions I feel an unusual compulsion to express an opinion.
10-07-2014, 11:42 AM - 1 Like   #499
Veteran Member

And the worst part of all: they're obsessed with getting just one eye in focus.

10-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #500
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I do wonder to, but it was said once in an interview that going to market with a new product takes one and a half year.

You need:
- new body
- new sensor module
- new SR mechanisme for the heavier sensormodule
- new firmware
- all the rest could be K-3 technic.
- at least one new standard zoom lens.
- a box to put it al in.
All-new model required. K3 isn't God and known issues need correcting - AF tracking and more points over the bigger finder, etc. Anything less than full-on the best they can do won't be enough when the question "Why Pentax?" comes up. None of this is easy. It's hard. A parts bin special would be a disaster.
10-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #501
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
That's a given...

So if it's a one eyed pirate, do you focus on the patch, or the eye? Inquisitive minds want to know.

Last edited by normhead; 10-07-2014 at 11:57 AM.
10-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #502

Photos: Albums
It seems that Ricoh will not release a FF anytime soon but still keeping that faith that they would, early next year, mid next year...and so on. For quite sometime, I am thinking of owning FA lenses 77mm, 31mm and 85mm as they have really good reviews but not really sure if they are really good investments should an FF comes out (am just a photo enthusiast) and would it be better to buy these lenses now? The reason I asked is because if Ricoh would release a FF sometime, does it follow that these FA lenses will also become more expensive and harder to find. Apologies, if I had to write on this section but any advice from anyone is appreciated. Thanks.

Proud Pentaxian - only person I know who owns a Pentax in U.A.E. is ME !

10-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #503
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I am very taciturn
Aren't we one for the big words today!!!
10-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #504
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxino Quote
It seems that Ricoh will not release a FF anytime soon but still keeping that faith that they would, early next year, mid next year...and so on. For quite sometime, I am thinking of owning FA lenses 77mm, 31mm and 85mm as they have really good reviews but not really sure if they are really good investments should an FF comes out (am just a photo enthusiast) and would it be better to buy these lenses now? The reason I asked is because if Ricoh would release a FF sometime, does it follow that these FA lenses will also become more expensive and harder to find. Apologies, if I had to write on this section but any advice from anyone is appreciated. Thanks.

Proud Pentaxian - only person I know who owns a Pentax in U.A.E. is ME !
To me the biggest issue right now is, if Pentax were to release a FF frame with shake reduction, would the old FA lenses have an image circle big enough to allow it's use. If you're going to use an FA on a tripod on a 2 second delay it makes no difference. If you're going to shoot concerts or something that needs the extra couple stops SR provides, you might want to wait and find out what the final deal is.

The only reason I don't have those lenses is they are above my spending limit. I'd buy them for their use on APS-c. Whatever I could get out of them on a Full Frame would be bonus. But simple fact is, it will be the lenses or the FF for me. If I go for an FF, it'll be years before I can afford either, and I'll be working with what I have.

The only FA lenses that will be harder to find will be the old ones. Mind you, you're talking about FA ltds which are hand assembled. It is conceivable there might be a short backlog upon release of an FF, it's a speculation with some credibility, but still, speculation.
10-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #505
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
LOL
10-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #506
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
but on rare occasions I feel an unusual compulsion to express an opinion.
Well said!
10-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #507
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Aren't we one for the big words today!!!
And three syllable big words at that, I make a concerted effort to never go over two syllables.. it comes from having taught High School. In High School any concept that involves too many 3 syllable words won't be understood by more than half of your class.
10-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #508
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
And three syllable big words at that
I define big words not by their syllable count, but by whether I need to Google 'em.
10-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #509

Photos: Albums
Thanks, normhead. Much appreciated. I would take note of what you have mentioned. Yes, I think I might need to wait and find out what the final deal is. Cheers!
10-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #510
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxino Quote
Thanks, normhead. Much appreciated. I would take note of what you have mentioned. Yes, I think I might need to wait and find out what the final deal is. Cheers!
All great lenses. If you talk about FA*85mm then that is a good lens to own.