Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
Forum Member

More full-frame smoke, but still no fire, this time from photographyblog

Look what photography blog is reporting:

Pentax Full-Frame DSLR Lenses Hands-on Photos | PhotographyBLOG

QuoteQuote:
Pentax Full-Frame DSLR Lenses Hands-on Photos

Want to see exactly what the new Pentax full-frame lenses look like in the flesh?

Check out our hands-on gallery of photos of the Pentax full-frame lenses.

Simply referred to as "High magnification super-telephoto zoom lens" and the "Large diameter telephoto zoom lens", we'd assumed that these prototypes were for Pentax's well-established range of APS-C sensor digital SLR cameras. But they're actually for a future full-frame 35mm system instead, which Pentax have confirmed they're currently working on. We're not quite sure why Pentax would choose to display mockups of two telephoto lenses, rather than a camera body, but they do provide further evidence that Pentax are set to join Canon and Nikon in the full-frame DSLR market.

A gallery of hands-on photos of the new Pentax full-frame lenses.
Umm... seriously?

09-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

They couldn't even provide lenses with marking on them. Apparently they are not very close to production.
09-18-2014, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was worried there wasn't going to be a thread on Pentax's full frame plans. Seriously.
09-18-2014, 04:09 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I was worried there wasn't going to be a thread on Pentax's full frame plans. Seriously.
I'm sure a mod will delete it. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited by Ash; 09-18-2014 at 06:22 PM.
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As long as those lenses are K-mount, I'm a happy petal.
09-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

My panties remain unbunched; thanks for your concern.
09-18-2014, 04:37 PM - 3 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess I am really easy, because the little smoke we're getting is still managing to light my fire..

09-18-2014, 04:48 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobdobbs Quote
Well shoot me...
I'd shoot you with a Pentax digital full frame DSLR, but... well, you know...
09-18-2014, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #9
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
@Bobdobbs -- Yeah, search is your best friend in some forums, because there will always be people that want to come after you for repetitive stuff. So to make amends for your gross misdemeanor, I think you should probably buy me two of those three lenses. But only two, because, well...three would be greedy

Regarding your original post, like the others have said, if they are K mount, I'm sure they'll look really nice mounted on my K-50
09-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I guess I am really easy, because the little smoke we're getting is still managing to light my fire..
I have to say, all the little leaks are working on me. I stopped by my local friendly camera store today, just to "feel" a Nikon D610 and a Sony A7, and I have to say neither of them sucked. I wouldn't buy a D610, since the D750 is just around the corner, but the Sony is tempting considering I could mount Pentax-M glass on it, it's tiny, fast, and has a really nice EVF.

BUT, I'm going to resist the temptation now, since there appears to be light at the end of Pentax's full-frame tunnel. If the light ends up being a full-frame sensor in a K-3 body, with or without SR, I will be happy I waited.
09-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Confirmed: Ricoh Working on Full-Frame Pentax DSLR, Debuted Two FF Lenses at Photokina

Muahahaha, they're even going as far as calling it "confirmed"... poor, deluded fools.
09-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
Confirmed: Ricoh Working on Full-Frame Pentax DSLR, Debuted Two FF Lenses at Photokina

Muahahaha, they're even going as far as calling it "confirmed"... poor, deluded fools.
It's been confirmed, by a Ricoh representative. What they have said though is that they're working on a FF camera, but they don't have a definitive timeline to market that they are prepared to share.
09-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just an aside (and not to look a gift-horse in the mouth), but aren't those the ugliest blobs of lenses ever? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they're early prototypes, but let's hope the final product(s) come out a little more refined than some black-painted tubes with stippling.
09-18-2014, 08:51 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

blablabla... That's been "confirmed" for years now. Still waiting...
09-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
blablabla... That's been "confirmed" for years now. Still waiting...
I've written to Ricoh HQ, Japan, and have received an affirmative reply, very recently. So, sorry, my comments are not just wishful thinking.