Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #106
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
and they won't clearly say they're FF lenses, just hint about it
Can you be more specific? Maybe quotation?

10-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Probably it's nothing you don't know, for example the rep saying "do they look like APS-C lenses?" which was mentioned somewhere around here. And stuff like the focal length being a "traditional" FF one - for the 70-200 f/2.8.
10-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #108
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
going by colour code on the lens road map chart, they are not full frame
10-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Why do you think so? 3 of the not yet announced lenses have the red HD color, while the 70-200 have the * color... surely, they're not purple not gray but that doesn't means much.

10-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #110
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobG Quote
OK, I've seen the roadmap. I was just wondering if anyone had asked Pentax (oops, Ricoh) the question, or whether any clearer suggestion of delivery might have been made when the prototypes were displayed at Photokina.

Except that we've seen prototypes of the lenses, while there's no sign of a FF prototype. Personally I could care less about a Full Frame body. I already have a camera which produces great images, and the crop sensor gives me an advantage in effective focal length which I don't want to give up.
Well, at @ rumored 2000€ - 2500€ they'd better be FF.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well, the prototypes leave room for speculation (and they won't clearly say they're FF lenses, just hint about it); while a camera would be too obvious
I can't believe after all this time boasting about small, slow lenses specifically for APSc, Ricoh would suddenly release three howitzers like those.

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
going by colour code on the lens road map chart, they are not full frame
What specifically is the FF color code on the roadmap? Inquiring minds want to know.

But WTH, I don't know any more than anyone else does. Except someone told me to be very careful about which of my best lenses I sell over the next 9 months or so.
10-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #111
Site Supporter

the gray and purple seem to be full frame, are any of the other lens colour code full frame?
the colour of proposed lenses is red and orange
unless of course the colour code means nothing.
10-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #112
Pentaxian

the gray and purple seem to be full frame, are any of the other lens colour code full frame?
the colour of proposed lenses is red and orange
unless of course the colour code means nothing.
AFAIK Red means an HD lens and orange (gold) means a star (*) lens.
10-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #113
Site Supporter

yes but are any of those red or gold full frame?

Last edited by beachgardener; 10-09-2014 at 04:32 PM. Reason: adjust text
10-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter

yes but are any of those red or gold full frame?
The color codes denote only the lens naming conventions - they have nothing to do with whether or not a lens is FF capable.

Of course the grey code denotes D-FA (new digital coatings and updated bodies on formerly-FA lenses) and FA lenses predate digital, so the designs were obviously for film.

Purple denotes FA Limited, so same as D-FA, predate digital, for film, which is of course FF capable.

None of the colors indicates specifically that a lens is intended for FF because Pentax does not make a FF camera.
10-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #115
Site Supporter

ok lets wait and see
10-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter

ok lets wait and see
Yep!!

I could have put some sort of smiley in there somewhere to let you know I'm on your side - but we just don't know for certain which lenses will work aside from the D-FA's and FA Limiteds (you can still get new FA50/1.4 from time to time but they apparently haven't made any for about 18 months).
10-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #117
Site Supporter

for now still available from C.R. Kennedy here https://www.pentax.com.au/product/pentax-fa-smc-50mm-f14-lens

Last edited by beachgardener; 10-09-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
10-09-2014, 07:25 PM - 1 Like   #118
mee
Pentaxian

ok lets wait and see
This section of the forum would be largely quiet if everyone would agree to this notion in general. And it would be a positive event for the community.
10-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #119
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sure would...

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
This section of the forum would be largely quiet if everyone would agree to this notion in general. And it would be a positive event for the community.
Tips and techniques Anyone?
10-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #120
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I think that in a community, in general, silence is not necessary a good thing. Not to much noise, of course.

In this case, of this forum, this silence is not good. Yes, was a lot of noise about FF camera, and lenses before Photokina, but after this, the big buzz has moved to marketplace, where I've seen a lot of big sales, with a lot of good lenses, which make me think that a number of members get tired of waiting for that to much postponed FF camera, and now they're changing the system. And many has clearly expressed this. Other has said that Ricoh statement about ''not much interest in video oriented cameras'' was disappointing for them.

So, I consider that the only place where quiet would be a positive event is the marketplace.