Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #121
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I think that in a community, in general, silence is not necessary a good thing. Not to much noise, of course.

In this case, of this forum, this silence is not good. Yes, was a lot of noise about FF camera, and lenses before Photokina, but after this, the big buzz has moved to marketplace, where I've seen a lot of big sales, with a lot of good lenses, which make me think that a number of members get tired of waiting for that to much postponed FF camera, and now they're changing the system. And many has clearly expressed this. Other has said that Ricoh statement about ''not much interest in video oriented cameras'' was disappointing for them.

So, I consider that the only place where quiet would be a positive event is the marketplace.
Well, as for Video, I think this has been clear for years.
As for FF, going now where FF comes is stupid but they'll bite their fingers. Not mine.

10-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How are excellent FF lenses For Sale in the Marketplace a bad thing? isn't the rule Buy Low . . . . . . *

* They're still useful on APSc - have been for years!
10-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I think that in a community, in general, silence is not necessary a good thing. Not to much noise, of course.

In this case, of this forum, this silence is not good. Yes, was a lot of noise about FF camera, and lenses before Photokina, but after this, the big buzz has moved to marketplace, where I've seen a lot of big sales, with a lot of good lenses, which make me think that a number of members get tired of waiting for that to much postponed FF camera, and now they're changing the system. And many has clearly expressed this. Other has said that Ricoh statement about ''not much interest in video oriented cameras'' was disappointing for them.

So, I consider that the only place where quiet would be a positive event is the marketplace.
A guy that switch brand is likely to buy few or many things new. This help the whole camera market to sell more. If the guy actually manage to sell, it is somebody else that invest more in the echosystem, and that is more likely to buy the next camera/lense Pentax make.

A guy that stay but doesn't do anything (no buys, he is already satisfied) doesn't help much sales.